Hardie (is he carrying an injury?) | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie (is he carrying an injury?)

Jan 9, 2023
Whittaker is most definitely not in poor form, he may not be scoring worldies every game at the moment but no player on the planet can do that. If he had kept up his December and January form for the rest of the season he would probably be in the reckoning for the England squad!
He definitely was asked to press by foster, whats the point of hardie doing it on his own? Its just he doesnt do it very well which is why foster eventually stuck gyabi as a ten (which worked the odd time, shockingly!). Under schuey they were definitely told not to and conserve for the big moments. It showed.

Poor form is an exaggeration, but perhaps falling short of his own high standards and he'd likely tell you the same thing. Hes not quite as explosive, and his decision making is a little off, hes either rushing chances and snatching at shots or premeditating what he's going to do making it too easy for defenders. He needs to take what the game gives him sometimes. Since azaz left he's been trying to do it on his own and that never works. Hardie's decision making has been off too, keeping it when he should have passed it and vice versa. We've butchered so many chances lately. I think they're both a bit mentally frazzled if nothing else. 46 games in this league is a long old slog, especially if you start every one of them.

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim
Jan 9, 2023
Can’t agree on Whittaker, he doesn’t and isn’t asked to chase around like Hardie does. Not sure he’s in poor form either, he’s scoring and still setting up goals.

Back to Hardie, I don’t think he needs a month off. I do agree that resting him and bringing him on for the last 30 mins of the next couple of games would be a good shout. We did that very well last season with him.
I think this would make such a difference to us and hardie, he really is fantastic as an impact sub so we lose little. The problem is last season we had a proven alternative in Ennis, who played most of our run-in. Good as he looked at the weekend, do we start Waine against QPR, with the stakes so high? At home as well where the crowd won't help him as much. I would he looked stronger and quicker than I've seen him yet. He looked great in fact, like he can really occupy defenders and wear them out. Then I've always been a 'Waine apologist' as some might call it.

Related but unrelated, we definitely shouldnt look at leicester as a free hit. They are massively struggling, and there for the taking. We need to go at them.

Reactions: Rowlypilgrim
Jan 9, 2023
Ah yes the example I got was Cardiff!! Over 2 months ago. Assume you can't do any better than that. Not great for your boy wonder is it?
I bet you have a little calendar on your wall and you mark off all the days hardie doesn't score. You probably pre-write most of your posts whilst he's scoring goals in anticipation of his next dip in form, so you can copy and paste them back onto this site when the time is right.

Because we certainly don't hear much from you on the subject of Ryan hardie when he's scoring every week.

Well, you have the attention you wanted, so well done i guess.

Reactions: Lancastergreen
Sep 6, 2006
1a
I bet you have a little calendar on your wall and you mark off all the days hardie doesn't score. You probably pre-write most of your posts whilst he's scoring goals in anticipation of his next dip in form, so you can copy and paste them back onto this site when the time is right.

Because we certainly don't hear much from you on the subject of Ryan hardie when he's scoring every week.

Well, you have the attention you wanted, so well done i guess.
You seem intent on making this a personal matter. We disagree. Can you not deal with that without making silly digs?

Sep 6, 2006
I think this would make such a difference to us and hardie, he really is fantastic as an impact sub so we lose little. The problem is last season we had a proven alternative in Ennis, who played most of our run-in. Good as he looked at the weekend, do we start Waine against QPR, with the stakes so high? At home as well where the crowd won't help him as much. I would he looked stronger and quicker than I've seen him yet. He looked great in fact, like he can really occupy defenders and wear them out. Then I've always been a 'Waine apologist' as some might call it.

Related but unrelated, we definitely shouldnt look at leicester as a free hit. They are massively struggling, and there for the taking. We need to go at them.
Must admit I have never viewed a side top of the league as 'there for the taking'!! Interesting.

Reactions: greensalt
Mar 8, 2024
Walthamstow
I felt at the time he should have scored, but I'm not sure it was a sitter. Viktor Johansson had a really good game for someone who is under almost constant pressure behind that defence.
He was off his line in a flash and spread himself really well - was as much excellent goalkeeping as woeful finishing. Johansson was probably MotM for them

Jon with no H

🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
He was off his line in a flash and spread himself really well - was as much excellent goalkeeping as woeful finishing. Johansson was probably MotM for them
I absolutely wasn't saying it was a sitter, I was disagreeing with someone else who said it was! :ROFLMAO:

When I was rewatching the game on sky the morning after (some kind of masochism, I guess) they said he had made (I think) 25 more saves than any other keeper in the division, and it was easy to see why. I can see him going for a lot of money in the summer.

Jul 12, 2016
Not sure Leicester are there for the taking but agree that we should not “do a Foster “ and put them on a pedestal. Strangely I noticed Dewsnip is already bulling up Leicester.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
I would be rather grateful if you could confirm whether you are using this argument as a positive or a negative regards Ryan. Thank you kindly.
Positive. The numbers of goals and assists and games played are very similar. Simms and Broadhead are very good players who also cost a fair bit and are highly rated. They are different types of strikers but Hardie I think is up there with them in terms of impact.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
You can have that opinion even if it’s at odds with my view but to use a personal insult on a keyboard is out of order, keyboard warrior I think people like you are called
Think you're talking to Kentish Green, not me.

Feb 8, 2005
Not sure Leicester are there for the taking but agree that we should not “do a Foster “ and put them on a pedestal. Strangely I noticed Dewsnip is already bulling up Leicester.
Don't underestimate Leicester City, Oldy.

What would we give for a player like Vardy, just one of the players that were in the Premiership last season.

Very, very difficult game I'm afraid.

If we can keep it to 0-0 at half time, we'll be doing well. Better teams than us have come a cropper.

If we get anything it'll be a miracle, but anything can happen in football, we are Argyle!!!