Hardie (is he carrying an injury?) | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie (is he carrying an injury?)

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Probably the one disappointment this evening. He can’t be that much off it, can he? I know he picked up a knock early on but just wonder if he’s carrying an injury anyway.

Dec 3, 2005
My wife said he doesn't look well, I think he needs a rest, but can we afford to give him that rest?
He hasn't been on it, since that game v Boro, when he ran himself into the ground.

Sep 28, 2022
Most definitely needs a rest. That opportunity in the first half in on goal and he runs it out for a goal kick almost heading towards the corner flag!!. Surely Bundu to start on Tuesday. Just goes to show the poor decision making in the January window to not bring in a striker. It was obvious to all of us surely, so why didn't the club act positively and get another striker. Bad decision, could still cost us.

Mexijan1

🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽
✅ Evergreen
Jul 17, 2023
Most definitely needs a rest. That opportunity in the first half in on goal and he runs it out for a goal kick almost heading towards the corner flag!!. Surely Bundu to start on Tuesday. Just goes to show the poor decision making in the January window to not bring in a striker. It was obvious to all of us surely, so why didn't the club act positively and get another striker. Bad decision, could still cost us.
Yep that mis-control first half was first time he really worried me, up to that point has been getting the chances not hitting them. Waine did more in 15 than Hardie in 75. It's a tough call if we weren't so deep in the doo doo and end of season, no brainer bench and give Waine a run out if not so critical, but QPR 6 pointer and bench Hotdogs that's a biggie. Bundu or Freddie as suggested in another thread is just square pegs round holes last ditch options IMHO. As to why we didn't sign another striker... budget. Why didn't we keep Ennis? Well if his exit allowed us to sign MW is that a bad decision? Sign, sign, sign is not an option we have, if it means we go down then trust me I will win a Gold in the next Olympics for sulking but better than my Noble Prize for manic depressive when Administration struck..

Mar 23, 2008
Think he defo needs a rest. Was running on fumes! I would prob start Waine after his promising cameo or Bundu on Tues, I know it's a big game but Hotdog does tend to thrive as an impact sub.

Reactions: Paul green14

McQ

May 10, 2005
Plymouth
Weird, I thought he ran the line well tonight and won a few duels you wouldn’t have expected. As soon as he and Wright went off not much stuck, and we resorted to a lot of extremely hopeful long balls.
I don't think it is that he is struggling physicially that much, it's more his confidence and form. In his pomp you think there is an inevitability that he will score or at least force the opportunity and work the keeper. At the moment he is playing by the numbers with no spark, hoping for a goal. He is still playing his part for the team but is a blunter point of the attack than usual. It is tricky because a goal either fortunate or intended and he will go on a streak again, but at the moment I think it would be the former.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Weird, I thought he ran the line well tonight and won a few duels you wouldn’t have expected. As soon as he and Wright went off not much stuck, and we resorted to a lot of extremely hopeful long balls.
Yes. He won a couple of corners when getting on to the ball out wide and no one up to support him. He was also getting into good positions, but whoever was on the ball chose a different option than a ball through to him. He didn’t score, but played well in a team that won.

Reactions: Mat