Hardie (is he carrying an injury?) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Hardie (is he carrying an injury?)

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I certainly hope Leicester City aren't "there for the taking" this evening!

A one game blip in their form on Friday is what's required ...

Aug 5, 2015
You can have that opinion even if it’s at odds with my view but to use a personal insult on a keyboard is out of order, keyboard warrior I think people like you are called
It wasn’t an insult just an opinion. Sorry if I’ve offended your sensibilities. I’m not a keyboard warrior. If I think you’re acanute I’ll tell you to your face

Feb 13, 2021
Most definitely needs a rest. That opportunity in the first half in on goal and he runs it out for a goal kick almost heading towards the corner flag!!. Surely Bundu to start on Tuesday. Just goes to show the poor decision making in the January window to not bring in a striker. It was obvious to all of us surely, so why didn't the club act positively and get another striker. Bad decision, could still cost us.
Ye they should have just picked one off a tree. No money no availability thought everyone knew that.

Jul 12, 2016
Don't underestimate Leicester City, Oldy.

What would we give for a player like Vardy, just one of the players that were in the Premiership last season.

Very, very difficult game I'm afraid.

If we can keep it to 0-0 at half time, we'll be doing well. Better teams than us have come a cropper.

If we get anything it'll be a miracle, but anything can happen in football, we are Argyle!!!
Millwall beat them so hope for us yet!

Jul 12, 2016
I tend to agree but we aren't firing on all cylinders ourselves either and I don't know where our next goal will be coming from.
I ‘ve just said the same in another post. We are just toothless and ponderous at the moment. Our passing out of defence is woeful. Phillips in particular tonight , couldn’t keep his feet and when he did gave the ball to the opposition. Houghton struggled and Randell tried hard but our midfield slows the game down and were also guilty of poor passes. I agree the lack of goals is the biggest concern.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
He’s got nothing left in the tank, he’s playing on fumes. I almost think it’s irresponsible for the coaching staff to keep selecting him. It reminds me of when Reuben Reid was clearly crippled but John Sheridan kept playing him regardless. Failing to sign another forward in January is really hurting us.

Nov 7, 2012
Plymouth
He’s got nothing left in the tank, he’s playing on fumes. I almost think it’s irresponsible for the coaching staff to keep selecting him. It reminds me of when Reuben Reid was clearly crippled but John Sheridan kept playing him regardless. Failing to sign another forward in January is really hurting us.
What do you mean he’s running on Fumes? Is there something wrong with our teams fitness levels? Is he injured?

Reactions: Balham Green

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
What do you mean he’s running on Fumes? Is there something wrong with our teams fitness levels? Is he injured?

I don’t think he’s injured. I just think he’s physically and mentally shattered. Unfortunately we don’t really have another option so we’re just flogging him and making the situation worse.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Foster is blamed for most things so here's another one - it looks like he over used Hardie and ran him into the ground.

Under Foster's 14 games in which Hardie played he played the full game nine times, in two games he was subbed in the 83rd and 87th minute.
In the 20 games before Foster became Head Coach Hardie completed 90 minutes just four times and was subbed seven times in the 80th minute or beyond.

What we are seeing now is a fatigued player because since January a combination of being overused, because we didn't sign a suitable replacement and also because Foster didn't look after him.

Last edited:

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
What's the one thing all strikers need? Good service. Look at the quality he is getting. He is feeding off people launching the ball into an area & then he is expected to run after it & make something of it.

The little clever interactions in the final third between Hardie, Whittaker, Cundle & Azaz has also gone.

Next time you watch Argyle, watch the type of ball banged into Hardie.

The other factor is he has been ran into the ground. Not just when Foster was here. When Schumacher was here too. They have had no experienced back up in this squad so they kept him on in games when quite frankly it was only because where was the alternative sitting on the bench? Ben Waine?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
I seem to be alone in this, but I didn't think Hardie looked fatigued last night. I also don't think he really did anything wrong. Subbing off Hardie and Wright at a time when we were growing into the game was the wrong decision and we lost all ascendency and momentum, and then within a few minutes QPR went and scored.

Reactions: ShellB85
Apr 11, 2023
Not sure what we should about Hardie. Still our best striker but a firing Hardie would have a got a shot on for his 2nd half, half chance. I don't think Bundu and Waine are the answer but we somehow have to give me a break in games.

Jul 12, 2016
Hardie will always give of his best but the poor service he has received over many games must affect his performances. He must go into each game getting increasingly frustrated that he will spend most of his time chasing lost causes.