Green & White Podcast thread | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Green & White Podcast thread

Sep 7, 2006
London
Twitter had loads of Foster Out!!! after the press conference comment that was - in my view - maliciously snipped to make it sound worse than it was.

Still presumably a minority of all Argyle fans, but it was there loud and clear.

Reactions: Green Flash
Jan 6, 2004
It was me that primaily responded to the comments post Tuesday in the podcast. I was shocked at the level of vitriol on social media post match and siad so publicly. I simply wished I had not viewed such comments. I then met two fans later in the week espousing much the same view. Both fans I would have said previously were balanced and supportive in the views. It worried me as sometimes momentum is diffficult to stop - ask Michael Beale. Thankfully, Saturday's victory redressed the balance of objective assessment. I hope it stays that way. We will all be better for it.
Ok, thanks Graham, agree there was an over-reaction after Tuesday (although some negative reaction and anxiety was inevitable as it was shocking). Hopefully Saturday has put it to bed once and for all. Keep up the good work!

Jan 6, 2004
Twitter had loads of Foster Out!!! after the press conference comment that was - in my view - maliciously snipped to make it sound worse than it was.

Still presumably a minority of all Argyle fans, but it was there loud and clear.
I think a tiny minority (as I have said before I think Pasoti, with its thousands of members, is far more representative of Argyle fans than twitter, where a handful of people set out to get attention with extreme views) but fair enough. As above, we can hopefully put it behind us now.

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Ok, thanks Graham, agree there was an over-reaction after Tuesday (although some negative reaction and anxiety was inevitable as it was shocking). Hopefully Saturday has put it to bed once and for all. Keep up the good work!
Thank you. The West Brom game reminded me of the game v Wycombe in November 2021 which also finished 0-3 and where we were unable to lay a glove on them for 60 minutes and then they scored three in the last 30 minutes. In that game Ainsworth exhibited a masterclass in stopping our flowing game. We were as clueless in that game as we were last Tuesday in our attempt to break the stranglehold West Brom had on us. I just don't remember the scale of reaction to that performance. Equally, perhaps Ryan Lowe was lucky that the 0-6 v Charlton at Home Park was played behind closed doors. That was comfortably the worst ever Argyle performance I have witnessed at home.

Reactions: Mitch and pafc jack
Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Morning Pasoti,

You didn’t expect this did you? We’re back with a VERY special midweek My Argyle Life this time… featuring the excellent Chris Webb.

Chris very kindly gave up his time to discuss in as much detail as he could everything about the administration process and those dark days for our football club.

You can catch it on your usual podcast platforms as well as giving it a watch on YouTube.

Oct 20, 2015
Enjoyed that @pafcjbell . I remember the Dark Times but a lot of my news was filtered by hiding under the duvet, so it was nice to hear a 'horse's mouth' version from the man at the centre of it all. Hats off to him.

Reactions: StrictlyGreen
Jan 6, 2004
Enjoyed that @pafcjbell . I remember the Dark Times but a lot of my news was filtered by hiding under the duvet, so it was nice to hear a 'horse's mouth' version from the man at the centre of it all. Hats off to him.
Great to hear somebody who was prepared to put himself at the heart of the battle but never really wanted the resulting boardroom baubles, preferring the pub, banter and terrace....

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Great to hear somebody who was prepared to put himself at the heart of the battle but never really wanted the resulting boardroom baubles, preferring the pub, banter and terrace....
The amount of abuse that Chris and others got (the two Ians for example) from a certain section of the fanbase was an outrage. It still rankles.

Reactions: memory man
Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Evening all,
Just a heads up, we will be LIVE tonight dissecting yesterday's disappointing 2-0 defeat to Ipswich from 8pm so do join us on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.

If you're unable to join us, it will be available to watch or listen too tomorrow

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Morning all,

That was a busy live show last night; we’re really enjoying them and your interaction is great. Joe was joined by Adam, Sam and Ben to take apart the Ipswich game before at half time, we were delighted to rotate the squad and hand out a debut to Pieface.

We spoke about: 2-0 defeat, 1st half v 2nd half, Fozball, Plan B? Mickel Miller, Pie goes on a passionate rant and we have many, many questions and thoughts from around Pasoti Corner to X to Facebook…

Follow the links below to find it; we are back live again on Wednesday with the potential for another star guest with a strong affinity to the Green Army but if it’s not this week, he’s very close to joining the cast.

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Afternoon all…

I’m sure this will be a quiet episode but we are live tonight on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter from 8pm to discuss last night’s defeat and where we go from here…

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Massive thank you to over 2,000 members of the Green Army who joined tonight's live stream. If you missed it Aaron was joined by Joe, Sam and Jon to discuss what's going on and it will be available on your podcast platforms in the morning or on social media immediately

Nov 25, 2015
Just wanted to say that the podcast was an excellent listen this week.

Yes we don't all agree on everything but you guys reflected the hurt and frustration that we're all feeling right now.

Well done for being exactly what a fan based podcast should be.

Reactions: pafcjbell