Green & White Podcast thread | Page 9 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Green & White Podcast thread

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
🚨 TATSUKI POD IS LIVE!

🎧 The latest episode of My Argyle Life is up on YouTube and all major podcast platforms!

YouTube: youtu.be/SYk40a5xPD0

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
We are back after the International Break and we are currently LIVE on YouTube, Twitter (X) and Facebook.

Join us and interact in the comments

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Afternoon Pasoti…

Quiet weekend? 😳

We will be LIVE tonight from 7:30 through until 10pm ish to discuss the departure of Ian Foster. Aaron and Joe will be joined by a plethora of familiar faces from Graham to Sam, Jon to Fin and others. We are also delighted to say Chris Errington will be joining us halfway through the podcast to briefly discuss the weekend’s events.

We will be on YouTube, Facebook and X and comments will be live throughout with questions being put to the panel from you the audience 👍🏼

Look forward to seeing you all there tonight

Reactions: StrictlyGreen

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Listened to the emergency podcast last night at work & what a good job the guys did with it.

Thought there was a good blend of people & getting Chris to also add his views was interesting.

Maybe it's me though, but from the podcast & other Argyle platforms l am getting a sense from some group of fans that Dewsnip has something to prove to get us out of the mess he got us into.

I just feel slightly uneasy where this narrative is going once more. The decision to hire Foster should be looked upon as a joint decision by key Club people. Hallett, Parkinson & Dewsnip. Unless someone can blatantly show evidence it was all down to Dewsnip in some kind of fudged 'old pals act' then l just feel its totally unfair to put this mess on him.

It's a mixture of everything & everyone. And that not trying to be wishy washy with the blame but if you can put forward a decent case regarding the players, Foster, the recruitment in January etc.... then to me it isn't just down to one particular or person's mistakes.

Dewsnip has no greater experience as a coach of championship football than as Foster. His coaching background comes from the same type of setup as Foster. It's therefore unfair to expect him to get us out of this mess.

And if he doesn't, then he shouldn't lose his job considering what's gone on before. Yet l have this uneasy feeling should Argyle get relegated some fans will need to vent their anger & frustration at the next person. And l just think there are many reasons why we in this mess. Dewsnip has to take some of the blame too but without real evidence that Foster was solely his decision l think it unfair some of the finger pointing that's gone on since Fosters sacking

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Thank you for the kind words MGM. We really put a lot of work into it and I'm glad it was so well received. We worked hard on making sure we had a good balance on the guest list and from Graham through to Jon, all our regulars did an outstanding job and with a smattering of new/old faces in Nick and the excellent Chris Errington, we felt we did our job and the situation justice.

Nearly 3,000 people tuned in on Tuesday evening. If anyone missed it and wants to watch it, then head over to our YouTube channel where you can find the live stream.

Reactions: MGM

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I listened in and enjoyed it.

One point though, it was a tad irksome to see all the 'private jokey' type comments coming in. I'm not sure if they add anything to an otherwise decent production.

Reactions: MGM

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I listened in and enjoyed it.

One point though, it was a tad irksome to see all the 'private jokey' type comments coming in. I'm not sure if they add anything to an otherwise decent production.

That I'm afraid is part of the YouTube scene. I watch many fanbase channels. And what these channels need is interaction. For them to be successful part of what they need is 'likes' & 'subscribes'. They also want the engagement of the fanbase & without a live chat going on in the background l am not sure how you would achieve this.

So what you end up having is what you see. A number of these fan channels go live & what you witness is a massive arguments of words taking place in the live chat. Now obviously the channel doesn't have to show that. Or any other comment. Yet it needs debates. And with debates, come arguments.

It's all about engagement. They taking posters from PASOTI & Argyle Free Chat & now have the ability to integrate them on the same platform. You can then get a real diverse mix of opinions. Which l have to say as a partispant for both sites has brilliant posters on both sites.

And from what lve seen, obviously people know each other so like you said IJN there are a few 'private jokey' comments but without not chatting & interacting with their audience l don't honestly feel the channel would be as successful, as it is now becoming.

If you subscribe to any social media platform you want to be part of it. Werdly, l don't subscribe or interact with any YouTube channel but that's more to do with how l want to consume the content. By doing that though lm not really helping the guys or any other YouTube platform apart from being part of the views of that particular video which they can record. The larger the audience viewing the more l think they can make via advertising streaming. But don't hold me to that. As l just have basic knowledge.

Last edited:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Free Chat is not a 'site' ;)

I can't comment on its content as I pulled out after about 8 days, I saw nothing but muppets on there.

I get what you say about the interaction though and it's a good point you make.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
Free Chat is not a 'site' ;)

I can't comment on its content as I pulled out after about 8 days, I saw nothing but muppets on there.

I get what you say about the interaction though and it's a good point you make.

Let's just say it's a social media fan platform. And yes there are many people on there who you could describe as a 'muppet'.

I could show you posting similarities of fanbase reaction both during & after the game on both platforms. l could show you posts where l have interacted with numerous people over the past 12 months & had some, wonderful, friendly conversations.

Out there, is a wonderful world of very different people. And with that unfortunately you encounter some of the worse kind. However, l think personally why would l let idiots dictate where l go to interact with others. If l did that, they would win.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Crikey, I found that post terribly patronising.
It’s like you live your life on here mate. Go out and touch grass is the saying I think. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: IJN

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Sorry you did, but l am just be honest about my experience as a Argyle fan.

So l apologise you took it that way Ian as you know l think very highly of what you do.

Lets take out the first paragraph as l was agreeing with you.

The next paragraph was my own personal experiences. Maybe l should have put that l had the same experience on PASOTI? But l honestly thought you knew this. Since l been back, had some wonderful private conversations.

And the last paragraph. You Mod this place in a way you want the site to be. Free Chat Mods it in a different way. And so without me venturing on to other platforms l might not end up interacting with some of the people l have. There is a brillant poster over there called Richard Sloman. And he is a reason why he makes it worthwhile interacting on that platform.

When l talk about 'idiots' l meant in general on social media. And if l let the way people interact with me affect talking to other Argyle fans out there, then l have let them won.

Can l express, this in me just being honest. And l sincerely apologise that you think somehow this is patronising but its just an expression of how l want to deal & interact with social media.

As Daz intimated I need to get out more!

Zero golf is making me kranky.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
As Daz intimated I need to get out more!

Zero golf is making me kranky.

I hope you understand l enjoy this site. I appreciate the platform you provide people so we can interact.

l never think l am better than anyone. It's just l have an opinion & l like a good debate. I also just want to be the best social media version of me l can. And to achieve that l felt l needed to experience different environments so l learn & improve on how l can interact with others.

As for the golf, l feel the same way. Although where l play at present as its hilly it will be a swamp fest because of all this rain.

Reactions: greeninbrasil
Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
We are now LIVE discussing the 1-0 win last night at Rotherham and previewing the QPR game - get your thoughts and questions into the show :)