Green & White Podcast thread | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Green & White Podcast thread

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Morning all,

Cup fever is gripping the city but if you need something to listen too in order to fill a gap before tonight’s game, why not listen to our latest episode?

Plenty discussed as I’m joined by Sam, Ben and Adam to discuss Whittaker, Hazard, Forshaw, Foster and much much more…

We preview tonight’s action and we’ll be back live on our social media platforms tomorrow night for a review of tonight’s game

Reactions: monkeywrench
Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Reminder to you all, 8:30pm, Live on YouTube, X and Facebook, we will be discussing last night's cup tie. Do join us and interact with the show

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
We were back live last night on all the usual sites discussing the 4-1 FA Cup defeat at the hands of Leeds.

Aaron was joined by Joe, Fin and James to dissect the game and discuss; Leeds dominance, Adam Randell, Callum Wright, Freddie and Caleb’s cameos, Sunderland away and much much more,

As always, you can find it on all your usual podcast platforms or by heading over the Argyle Life YouTube channel if that’s more your thing.

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Morning all,

Massive respect to the 1,200 who made the longest journey in the EFL up to the Stadium of Light on Saturday. Unfortunately it wasn’t the result we were after however.

Aaron was joined by Sam, Joe and Graham this weekend to discuss the 3-1 defeat and; Sunderland praise, Our identity? Possession, Bali Mumba, Ryan Hardie equalling Paul Mariner’s record and much, much more…

Why not head over to all your usual platforms and give it a listen or if you prefer or want to as well as listening, head over to YouTube and watch the episode :)

We will once again be back LIVE on Thursday night via YouTube and all our social media platforms

Oct 25, 2011
Plymouth
Morning all, apologies for the silence, had a little break away and forgot to ask one of the lads to post the link to the podcasts but you can catch up on them via the links below.

We are back this week with Joe hosting, joined by Adam, Graham and making his debut, the excellent, BBC Radio Devon Commentator Drew Savage to discuss; 2-0 v Boro, Darko Gyabi, Midweek meltdown, Experience v Youth, U18’s title win, your questions and much, much more…

We are recording a very special My Argyle Life today which is going to be very insightful and worth a listen. Once that’s live it’ll be shared everywhere. We are back in the week with an Ipswich preview before multiple pod appearances next week

Reactions: lien60
Jan 6, 2004
Thanks lads, enjoyed the podcast as ever. First, thanks for adding "Pasoti corner"! One slight (I hope constructive) criticism. You seem to spend a lot of time knocking down a couple of extreme comments on twitter which are not representative in the slightest of the fan base. For example there was a discussion about how calling for a change of manager after Tuesday was ridiculous. Yes, of course, but, I dont think a single person on Pasoti asked for that and I would think only a handful of kids/stirrers on twitter did. Yes people were disappointed and worried after Tuesday, but so were you lot! Nobody was seriously calling for Foster to be sacked. All fanbases will have a couple of wind up merchants but I really dont think it is necessary to address them every week - its just a waste of time.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Thanks lads, enjoyed the podcast as ever. First, thanks for adding "Pasoti corner"! One slight (I hope constructive) criticism. You seem to spend a lot of time knocking down a couple of extreme comments on twitter which are not representative in the slightest of the fan base. For example there was a discussion about how calling for a change of manager after Tuesday was ridiculous. Yes, of course, but, I dont think a single person on Pasoti asked for that and I would think only a handful of kids/stirrers on twitter did. Yes people were disappointed and worried after Tuesday, but so were you lot! Nobody was seriously calling for Foster to be sacked. All fanbases will have a couple of wind up merchants but I really dont think it is necessary to address them every week - its just a waste of time.

Some on here was calling for him to be sacked

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Morning all, apologies for the silence, had a little break away and forgot to ask one of the lads to post the link to the podcasts but you can catch up on them via the links below.

We are back this week with Joe hosting, joined by Adam, Graham and making his debut, the excellent, BBC Radio Devon Commentator Drew Savage to discuss; 2-0 v Boro, Darko Gyabi, Midweek meltdown, Experience v Youth, U18’s title win, your questions and much, much more…

We are recording a very special My Argyle Life today which is going to be very insightful and worth a listen. Once that’s live it’ll be shared everywhere. We are back in the week with an Ipswich preview before multiple pod appearances next week

Sounds like the Chris Webb special to me! 👏

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Really? I know there were many expressing doubts about his appointment but I dont recall anyone saying he should be sacked immediately. I could be wrong of course.
There were people asking for him to be sacked on here mate.

Jan 6, 2004
There were people asking for him to be sacked on here mate.
Did a quick scan of the main post match threads, plenty of strong criticism, plenty of doubts that he was the right man for the job but cannot see any calls for him to be sacked, but I could well have missed them. Anyway it must be a tiny minority and not a serious body of opinion amongst the fan base

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Did a quick scan of the main post match threads, plenty of strong criticism, plenty of doubts that he was the right man for the job but cannot see any calls for him to be sacked, but I could well have missed them. Anyway it must be a tiny minority and not a serious body of opinion amongst the fan base
Here is one example.

Very well put

No doubt that SH and ND have done great things for the club but even they are capable of making an error and sadly this one looks a huge one to me and if they are too proud to admit the error and do something about it they compound the problem and risk throwing away all the great work that they and Schumacher have done to elevate the clubs standards and standing

Act soon before it's too late please

That was in reply to -

But I can't stand behind this guy himself, not because I don't like him as a person, I do, but because he's been thrown in the deep end, doesn't have the tools to play the Argyle way and we are risking everything.

Reactions: Green Flash
Jan 6, 2004
Fair enough, I think the wider point is that the podcasts use extreme opinions to generate discussion, which is I guess sort of fair enough but when it is such a tiny minority opinion I do find it a bit irritating that there is even engagement and the impression given is that a significant portion of the fan base feel this way.

Anyway only a minor grumble, I think generally both podcasts do a good job (actually prefer them to the official one, which can be a bit obscure at times...)

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
It was me that primaily responded to the comments post Tuesday in the podcast. I was shocked at the level of vitriol on social media post match and siad so publicly. I simply wished I had not viewed such comments. I then met two fans later in the week espousing much the same view. Both fans I would have said previously were balanced and supportive in the views. It worried me as sometimes momentum is diffficult to stop - ask Michael Beale. Thankfully, Saturday's victory redressed the balance of objective assessment. I hope it stays that way. We will all be better for it.