Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
No excuse for assault and quite a bit of victim blaming going on here. Having said that the guy seems to have lacked a bit of 'street smarts'.

Mar 14, 2009
It seems not all the facts were revealed.

I don’t condone any violence. Even if provoked.

Yet you have to be upfront on both sides of the story.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Zoo Corner":1lgmykwl said:
Mods - potentially remove this thread please? it's giving argyle a bad reputation and is not a true reflection of what really happened.

Zoo

Nope! We tend not to do that these days, just things that break the law or our own site rules.

We now have several versions of what went on.

People can make their own minds up.

Mar 23, 2019
Mark Jenkin":22p0rmbr said:
A 53 year old Rovers fan sat with his wife and daughter in block 15 celebrates a late equaliser and then gets involved in an argument, what a tool, obviously has a similar IQ to the bunch of knuckle draggers from Bristol goading fans by the life centre after the game.

Interesting to see that Oliver has gone very quiet since the truth has come out?

Same old Rovers, always lying.

Jun 5, 2010
I got told by friends who were sat right next to the incident, and said he got what he was asking for in the end.The Rovers fan was aggressive to Argyle fans was what I was told.And in the home end, what did he expect.

Oct 16, 2016
I wonder who would have complained had children been trampled while the chap from Bristol opened his mouth in the home end?

Excuse for violence? No, but a pathetic fool creating an excuse for trouble....?

Oct 31, 2015
I kept out of this as I sit in the Demport but reading everything just leaves a bad taste.

I have sat in with opposing supporters many a time but I can guarantee I have never been in their faces when scoring or winning. I have sat with Pompey fans at Fratton wearing my green shirt but did not cause or see any trouble. To be honest most of us talked football. And to do that with a young family in toe is just ridiculous. The dad should bow his head in shame for being a cock in front of his family!!!!

No way should anyone get attacked mind. I get anger and frustration takes over but it's only a football game ( try Afghanistan or another war torn area for real anger!). Well done to the poster who stepped in to calm things down. It's a shame punches were thrown tbh and if they were thrown from behind as well then that is a cowards move. Again whoever was involved in that should Bow their heads in shame for not being the bigger man and walking away.

Zoo I was bought up on football in the 80s so I take it from your comments I am one of the original TCE. Really what a ridiculous comment about 80's football fans!!

The whole situation is sad really but could have been avoided by sitting quietly and talking to the fans around you without being a cock.

To the Gas fan I hope your dad recovers ok and reflects on what he did in front of his family and to whoever threw the punches,, have a thought FFS because you will get banned and miss your beloved greens playing.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
similar thing happened to me in the Grandstand (If you can call it that) at Exeter when we last played there. Carey scored after 6 minutes and I jumped up and celebrated and received a rabbit punch in the back of my head. Turns out there was 4 drunk knuckledraggers behind who didn't even know who Reuben Reid was. Family and elderly fans either side who we had been chatting to were shocked and shouting at them. Ruined what was a great day out to an extent.
I like sitting in the grandstand in away games chatting to the home support. always great to get a different perspective from proper fans before/during/after games.

Add to that I was also behind the goal at the Gas 15/16 years ago when we scored in the first minute (won 2-1 I think) with a friend who supports them. I jumped around, hadn't even got my seat, and a bloke who was nearly 100 tapped on on the shoulder with his walking stick and said sit down sonny, wouldn't want you to feel the end of my stick now! :lol:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Was a sell out on Saturday, muppet meant that Argyle fans missed out on tickets. Then acted a prat and got a slap. Sorry but my sympathy doesn't stretch too far.

Apr 5, 2008
Truth always comes out.First thing police will ask you is why were you sitting with Argyle fans if your an away supporter ,then they will probably examine the CCTV etc,you might find YOU receive banning order from home park!

May 4, 2015
Although absolutely no excuse for unprovoked attacks, you surely have to take responsibility for your own actions.
Its probably the worst part of the ground to go and "celebrate" an away goal and to be honest, doing that in most grounds in the UK would have ended up a lot worse.

I've sat in the home ends before, but have always tried to pick the less vociferous parts of the ground, have never worn colours or celebrated / made it obvious I was an away team fan. I've seen away fans in the old grandstand before openly wear colours / celebrate a goal - but to do so in block 15 is just plain madness.

Completely poor and to come crying about it afterwards smacks of desperation. Asking for trouble, and could have turned very nasty.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Heard from someone who was there this morning and his exact words:-

He got exactly what he deserved in the end, he was told several times to sit down and shut up. He kept on getting up and the last time he got up and someone told him to sit the eff down, he shouted back come down here and make me. So the bloke did

Don't know why we class the idiots as fans..thugs would be a better term. IMO PAFC should try to eradicate these Scum from our club. NOBODY deserves to be treated like that when attending a football game..guys, Hooliganism died out in the 80s. Why do supporters of our club have to put up with the knuckle dragger Stone island buffoons.

I was sat in Lyndhurst on Saturday, Block 13..was Shouted at (alongside others) to F&***n support the club you boring tw@ts and to F**k off back to the Mayflower....yep really want to hear that when I go to watch a team I've supported for nearly 40 years.
Will be glad when the Grandstand is finished..will probably re-locate there to remove myself from the temptation to Tw@ one of these idiots!! :furious: :furious: You wanna have a fight..ORGANISE IT away from the Ground..preferably on a busy Road.. M5 should do!!