Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Sorry, but people don't get filled in at Argyle (or any other ground) over nothing. Violence at football is brainless, but if you expect me to believe that your dad was just set upon a propos of nothing, I don't.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
moles40":3krbl2r5 said:
Your father sounds naive to me.

Why sit with home fans if your the away supporter and are going to celebrate wildly if you score, especially if it’s a last minute goal!

Asking for trouble in any ground in the country.

Did he celebrate wildly? I take it you witnessed this? But you are right about another thing not being able to sit anywhere you like without the strong possibility of being attacked just because you support another team. It's one of the main reasons some people think football supporters are knuckle dragging morons, hard to argue with that really.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
moles40":1pflic85 said:
Your father sounds naive to me.

Why sit with home fans if your the away supporter and are going to celebrate wildly if you score, especially if it’s a last minute goal!

Asking for trouble in any ground in the country.

Sorry I dont agree. I did the same thing at Bristol a few yesrs ago when we came back from 2 down at half time to win 3-2 I managed to contain my self until the 3rd went in, when I flew out of my seat jumping & cheering with arms flailing, with no issues what so ever. My Stepdad is a gas head so we always sit with him in the home end at the Memorial & He with us at Home Park. I have never had an issue with either set of supporters. I also do the same with freinds who are Luton supporters again never had an issue. if you are with family/freinds of the opposition you are generally accepted amongst the home fans as long as you behave fairly reasonably.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Some people need to reevaluate what's important in life. I don't care how much he enjoyed their goals or didn't ours, what happened to him is not acceptable behaviour. I'm sorry he went through that, OP.

Apr 5, 2008
but it happens at football ,course it’s wrong.Never understood why men kicking a ball about can generate so much anger and violence between two set of fans.One game abroad recently had to be abandoned because of violence between the fans.

The thing is violence has always been a problem throughout the history of the game,maybe just rid of the sport altogether then,it’s never going to end.Same as all the abuse and swearing the players get,that won’t end either

Mar 23, 2019
Afternoon , just read through the responses I understand the sentiment of my father being sat in the wrong area of the ground (although we do this all the and have no trouble due to not being idiots). However my real issue lies with the cowardly attacks from behind (not the attacks which have left a black eye and split lip) and also the threatening behaviour bordering on violence towards my sister (20) and step mother (46) there is no condoning that surely.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I can't see ANYONE condoning it, far from it, I see people saying what a bunch of prats we have (as have you) within our midst.

BUT, I agree with a couple of posters that it was niave to sit where you did.

Do you leave your doors open at night? Do you leave you car with the keys in?

It's a sad fact of life that there are scumbags out there, and we should recognise that with our behaviour and actions on occasions.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
When Derek Adams talks about our yobbish element, it’s precisely actions like this that he’s referring to.

So what if you’re in the home end? As long as you’re not stirring up trouble, what’s the issue?

Abhorrent behaviour, which is not condoned by any decent Argyle fan.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I was sent this via text by someone I know and trust whilst out walking the dog today.

That post on pasoti about the assault!!
Wow.
Mateys missed out the bit where his old man was trying to pick a fight with a 70 odd year old bloke. For telling him to sit down after they scored!!
Then was stood giving it beans to everyone when they told him to sit down!! Was acting like 20 men shouting around!!

Not condoning what allegedly happened after as I didn’t see him get punched at all. Too many people then stood up in front for me too see!!

Mar 23, 2019
Yes photographs were taken, matter reported to the Rovers cooper who travels with the team. Will be interested to see what comes of this. I have had buddy’s banned for what I called “cockrelling” gesturing violence but not actually doing anything. I would like to think assault in a ground would result in a football banning order aswell as argyle looking to keep them out of home park for an extended period.

Oct 10, 2012
I don’t know the ins and outs but it your father openly celebrated in the Argyle end when Rovers scored (which I suspect he did) he too could face a ban.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
oliver_down":2uzp42gn said:
Yes photographs were taken, matter reported to the Rovers cooper who travels with the team. Will be interested to see what comes of this. I have had buddy’s banned for what I called “cockrelling” gesturing violence but not actually doing anything. I would like to think assault in a ground would result in a football banning order aswell as argyle looking to keep them out of home park for an extended period.
did your father pick a fight with that bloke oliver?

Mar 23, 2019
IJN":2n1g2cok said:
I was sent this via text by someone I know and trust whilst out walking the dog today.

That post on pasoti about the assault!!
Wow.
Mateys missed out the bit where his old man was trying to pick a fight with a 70 odd year old bloke. For telling him to sit down after they scored!!
Then was stood giving it beans to everyone when they told him to sit down!! Was acting like 20 men shouting around!!

Not condoning what allegedly happened after as I didn’t see him get punched at all. Too many people then stood up in front for me too see!!

Two sides to every story......

Just another Rovers plonker. :wave: