Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Gashead in home area (retitled by Site Admin)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
loyal1970":27vkf00m said:
I know plenty of hoolie's who are decent family men.

Same here, in fact most of them is the most loyal and true people I’ve came across.

Mar 23, 2019
Avonwick Green":18ucnmf2 said:
So, I was sat next to Oliver's father yesterday throughout the whole game. It was obvious he was a Rovers fan (on a family day out with his family) and he behaved impeccably up until 91st minute. He over-celebrated, drew attention to himself and then involved himself in an altercation with a seriously miffed Plymouth fan. I INTERVENED in the diplomatic style of David Fox and prevented a punch up between two grown men. I did a pretty good job, spoke to Oliver (who thanked me) and his step mum, and advised them to sit down and ideally leave to prevent matters getting worse. Oliver's father, presumably upset that the altercation had occurred, was very agitated, was swearing and would not listen to reason from both me and his family. He was glassy eyed and certainly played his part in the incident. His young daughter had already fled in tears while Oliver's dad was still embroiled in subsequent altercations. I am not condoning violence, but he acted irresponsibly and put himself and his family in needless danger. Celebrating in the grandstand is one thing but this was a car crash waiting to happen and Oliver's dad was not wearing a seatbelt.
I thank you for you’re assistance yesterday. However the 91st minute was NOT the first incident. He was as attacked by 2 men were me from behind another one not, when Argyles second goal went in presumably due to a lack of celebration. That to me is pretty unprovoked and he would have been wacked regardless of celebration when Rovers scored at the end .

Aug 5, 2016
oliver_down":zv5e6iw4 said:
Avonwick Green":zv5e6iw4 said:
So, I was sat next to Oliver's father yesterday throughout the whole game. It was obvious he was a Rovers fan (on a family day out with his family) and he behaved impeccably up until 91st minute. He over-celebrated, drew attention to himself and then involved himself in an altercation with a seriously miffed Plymouth fan. I INTERVENED in the diplomatic style of David Fox and prevented a punch up between two grown men. I did a pretty good job, spoke to Oliver (who thanked me) and his step mum, and advised them to sit down and ideally leave to prevent matters getting worse. Oliver's father, presumably upset that the altercation had occurred, was very agitated, was swearing and would not listen to reason from both me and his family. He was glassy eyed and certainly played his part in the incident. His young daughter had already fled in tears while Oliver's dad was still embroiled in subsequent altercations. I am not condoning violence, but he acted irresponsibly and put himself and his family in needless danger. Celebrating in the grandstand is one thing but this was a car crash waiting to happen and Oliver's dad was not wearing a seatbelt.
I thank you for you’re assistance yesterday. However the 91st minute was NOT the first incident. He was as attacked by 2 men were me from behind another one not, when Argyles second goal went in presumably due to a lack of celebration. That to me is pretty unprovoked and he would have been wacked regardless of celebration when Rovers scored at the end .

You keep saying this like it is any of our fault. Your Dad shouldn't have been sat in the home end, and certainly not celebrating. Two major mistakes on his part. I don't wear my Argyle top around pubs in Exeter for the same reason, it is unsensible and just invites trouble from the kind of idiots you don't want to waste your time with. Getting hit is an assault, but you know it is going to happen if you behave in a certain way. Your Dad evidently behaved in that way. Identify and address these steps to prevent it happening again rather than complaining.

Nov 2, 2004
What on earth were you doing in the home end.That is against ground regulations and always likely to cause a breach of the peace. the whole purpose of an away section is to avoid violence.It is no good saying thugs caused this,there are thugs in all modern city's ,your Father took a stupid decision and sounds anything but blameless.I hope he gets a banning order.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
we have on a couple of occasions in the past had away fans in block 8 who upon revealing themselves have been quickly removed by stewards, so surprised this wasnt the case especially as in block 15.
Just on a side note many years ago whilst visiting Nottingham we decided to watch forest play Bradford, when forest scored we obviously didnt celebrate and soon received a few looks, my mate explained to those around him who we were & it was suggested that we should stand if they scored again as there would be trouble so its not good to sit in the home end even when your a neutral :crazy: - hence enjoyed beating them 3-0 a couple of seasons later :thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
oliver_down":3fck7qdb said:
Balham_Green":3fck7qdb said:
He originally said his Dad could only have been identified cos he didnt celebrate Argyle's goals which is a bit unlikely. Story has holes in it and losing credibility. Not that I am condoning anything that followed.

That is absolutely what happened

Did you not say he celebrated when Rovers scored?

May 3, 2016
I did hear about this alleged incident that happened in the block I was sat in, as I did not see any other altercations, presume this is what you are talking about, if not I apologise.
From what I was told your father repetadly did not sit down as Argyle fans requested, this caused an altercation.
People behind shouted to him to sit down, to which he replied to some fans, he allegadly said to one fan come down here and say that, which the argyle fan did, hence an altercation, I personally saw your dad arguing gestering to the argyle fan.
I am not accusing anyone of any offence, I am just giving the other side of the story. It could have turned very nasty as there were no stewards or police near by, it was Argyle fans that calmed the situation down, your dad was lucky, very stupid at his age to get up and celebrate in any home end, would you have done that at Bristol City - NO so don't do it here.
I know its very sad we cannot all get on, but who was in the wrong end, your dad, if he was not there he would of allegedly not been hit.
I would never go in the home end at Bristol Rovers, as I know it would cause touble.

Midsomer Green

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 14, 2015
Midsomer Norton, Naperville Chicago
area51":bm7q7ttu said:
I did hear about this alleged incident that happened in the block I was sat in, as I did not see any other altercations, presume this is what you are talking about, if not I apologise.
From what I was told your father repetadly did not sit down as Argyle fans requested, this caused an altercation.
People behind shouted to him to sit down, to which he replied to some fans, he allegadly said to one fan come down here and say that, which the argyle fan did, hence an altercation, I personally saw your dad arguing gestering to the argyle fan.
I am not accusing anyone of any offence, I am just giving the other side of the story. It could have turned very nasty as there were no stewards or police near by, it was Argyle fans that calmed the situation down, your dad was lucky, very stupid at his age to get up and celebrate in any home end, would you have done that at Bristol City - NO so don't do it here.
I know its very sad we cannot all get on, but who was in the wrong end, your dad, if he was not there he would have allegedly not been hit.
I would never go in the home end at Bristol Rovers, as I know it would cause touble.

This is exactly how I saw things from my seat in row R.

There was plenty of opportunity for the gentleman to sit down as requested by many of those around him.

My 9 year old told me after the game that he is not sure he wants to go to watch Argyle again if they are going to let away fans in the Lyndhurst as it scared him! I am sure that was not the intention of the Rovers fan but that’s the impact he had on a young green yesterday.

May 3, 2016
I think your dad should get a banning order for upsetting young Argyle fans, the little lad was right should not let away fans be in the home end.
You don't get it do you, you are in the wrong, bet you won't sit there next season.
Your dad was to blame for the whole incident keep your mouth shout or stay at home with Irene.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Two 'away' Rovers fans bought tickets in 'home' Block 15??
Wonder what happened next?
Complain away mate, the phrase 'Contributory Negligence' springs to mind!!

DOH!! :doh:

Screen Corner

🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰🇭🇰
Dec 11, 2016
Balham, London.
From reading the original post and feeling upset about what happened to the comments that followed, revealing what really happened, I am not surprised about the scuffle. Your dad obviously went looking for it (no surprise considering he grew up in the 80s where hooliganism was rife on our shores) and got what he deserved. I have sat in the home end at rovers on two separate occasions and kept myself to myself and lo an behold - no issues.

Mods - potentially remove this thread please? it's giving argyle a bad reputation and is not a true reflection of what really happened.

Zoo

Jan 6, 2007
A 53 year old Rovers fan sat with his wife and daughter in block 15 celebrates a late equaliser and then gets involved in an argument, what a tool, obviously has a similar IQ to the bunch of knuckle draggers from Bristol goading fans by the life centre after the game.