Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 23 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i wasn't there so a question to those that were please.matt butcher,who impressed me against barnsley,was brought in as the midfield enforcer,did he enforce yesterday?

Jul 28, 2020
At the recent Senior Greens meeting the CEO said the playing budget is 20% higher this year. At the present time the playing squad is no bigger than last year, we don’t have a reserve/development side so is there is a war chest if things go wrong or are the players being payed 20% more.
Good question. I think we’re almost almost there. Just need to add one more , as I’ve suggested and tidy up. It would be a real shame if we didn’t. A case of the old saying “spoiling the ship for a hapiniworth of tar”.

My take on tactics is that we have the firepower to do well in this league - much more so than most teams perhaps. That’s our key advantage. With that being the case- if we keep the back door shut then the likelihood is that we will get a few chances during the game, and I would always fancy us to score...

Wrong tactics by Shuey yesterday perhaps?

Taking an analogy from yesteryear- I remember the trilogy of fights between Eubank, Benn and the tragic Michael Watson. I remember the first fight between Benn and Watson. Any of you remember it ? Benn was trying to land knockout punches throughout the fight and ended up exhausting himself and getting stopped by Watson ( who was patient, fought a very good defensive fight and stopped him, when his chance came).

Of course it’s easy being an expert sat on the armchair- and perhaps I come across as one of those. Not saying I knowbest- far from it. But, in my opinion their are analogies between Nigel Benn in that fight and how Argyle are playing now. We have the “bombs” and “punch-power” to blow most of our opponents away in this league, IMO. Perhaps, thatbeing the case we should concentrate on keeping it tight and competitive and not giving goals away - because I always believe with our pace up front the chances will come for us to get goals during the course of a game....

Reactions: foreigner

Greendawe

♣️ PASALB Member
Mar 20, 2020
We were weak defensively on both flanks yesterday but especially on the left.
Gallagher if fit could be an immediate solution but another option is to return to the good old 4-4-2. Call me old fashioned but that must be better than what we saw yesterday.

May 22, 2006
He was unmarked, the ball fell to him nicely. I’d have expected a Sunday League player to at least have got that on target. I love Coops but he should have scored.
Did you see Haarland’s miss in the Charity Shield last week? Easy to score from the sofa or terraces. Not always so easy in practise.

Reactions: memory man

Swaz

♣️ PASALB Member
Jan 25, 2011
bishops stortford
Ha ha, yep and apologies for that misinformation. I thought Glass had scored a header but it was the header first from another player and then Glass following up with a volley. Well spotted!

Reactions: Pogleswoody

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Gives the defence an extra player to think about. Coops is as gutted as you n me that he didn't score that we can be sure of.
I wasn't the one attacking Coops but if he runs past Edwards and leaves him on the edge of the box, what have we gained? Is Coop better in the air than Edwards? Is he more adept at volleying a ball?

I'd like to see outfield players in the box, perhaps the keeper could be an extra player on the edge of the box??

smudja

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Dec 29, 2005
Glenrothes
I wasn't the one attacking Coops but if he runs past Edwards and leaves him on the edge of the box, what have we gained? Is Coop better in the air than Edwards? Is he more adept at volleying a ball?

I'd like to see outfield players in the box, perhaps the keeper could be an extra player on the edge of the box??
Edwards is normally the last man anyway. Cooper became an extra man trying unsuccessfully to get an equaliser. We had lost 2 1.. 3 1 would haven't a made a difference 2 2 would have. At least he gave it a go!