Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread | Page 28 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fleetwood v Argyle Match Thread

Jun 19, 2006
weston super mare
It seems that to beat us you have to play the Wycombe way. Rough it up a bit.

We have to be ready for this approach - get stuck in and give as good as you get.
You also need a ref who is complicit, and allows the roughing up to go unpunished.
So often it seems Argyle get beaten up , but the first yellow inevitably goes to a player in green ( or mint)

Reactions: Andy B.
Jun 19, 2006
weston super mare
After listening to the game yesterday on radio, I could only bear to watch the highlights this morning. There's a common theme with the more physical direct teams like Fleetwood, Wycombe etc. Others have said this often, they don't try to play through us, they play early long diagonals over the top of our wing backs, and find the space behind. They make sure there's a player up to receive it. This is the problem with a 3 atb system with these teams. Schuey might need to go with a back 4, or tactically maybe there's another solution? But to me, this is the fundamental issue that hasn't been addressed with either formation. That said, the 2nd goal was very disappointing, the player runs the length of the touchline unapposed! and Houghton twice didn't get tight enough to make a challenge, or just take him out, and where was Mumba?. coyg
I think Mumbai was on the bench by then and also LWB anyway