Final day: what we need to do | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Graham Clark

✅ Evergreen
Nov 18, 2018
Sometimes you feel they footballing Gods are conspiring be against us. To get that elusive win we had to achieve something we hadn’t achieved in 185 years of playing Stoke and Millwall away and Hull at home (111 + 57 + 17) In the last two weeks something like 14 out of 16 results have gone against us. Hull have also §had our number in their last two games at Home Park.

I also remember Southend scoring against Sunderland with three minutes to go to send us down five years ago. It still haunts me to this day given the post-Blackpool collapse we experienced. This campaign feels like that campaign with the last minute goal v Coventry still sending shivers through me. Like many others I thought then I just hope …..

However, I also remember what happened in the 2011-2012 season when 13 results had to happen for us to be relegated at Rochdale. In the end only 11 of them happened as Barnet came to our rescue. So perhaps fate and Lady Luck will be on our side this Saturday as I continue to grasp at any straw I can find. I just hope and pray Stansfield doesn’t nail us again.

Sep 17, 2017
I read the title before reading the comments.

"SUPPORT NORWICH"

Its our only chance tbh.
We can’t rely on Norwich. My Norwich season ticket holder friend is not confident that they can beat Birmingham, they’re huffing and puffing.
I’m not confident at all this situation has got a ‘Stansfield’ feeling all over it !!!!!

Reactions: Balham Green
Sep 6, 2006
Will conceding at Huddersfield have taken a mental toll on the Birmingham players - they also only managed a goalless draw at relegated Rotherham
Wagner will have his Norwich team fired up- they will have their own agenda going into the play offs
Why will they be fired up? Makes no sense. Already in the play offs.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Norwich will approach the game in one of two ways, either they’ll rest key players and take their foot off the gas, or they’ll want to head into the play offs with momentum and they’ll play their strongest team.

Reactions: 999mattyg

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Norwich will want momentum as they will be fully aware of Southampton & WBA having wobbles at the wrong time
They may also want to be in control of who their opponent will be

Reactions: 999mattyg

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Coventry play Ipswich- game in hand on Tuesday

Ipswich have not won in 4 - they may end up in the play offs

What is to say they end up playing Norwich in the play offs

Norwich will want to cement 5th place with a win

Oct 31, 2015
We can’t rely on Norwich. My Norwich season ticket holder friend is not confident that they can beat Birmingham, they’re huffing and puffing.
I’m not confident at all this situation has got a ‘Stansfield’ feeling all over it !!!!!
Yea I can see that scenario as well mate. Stansfield scoring and sending us down🤦

Dec 17, 2016
We have to grab the bull by the horns, we have to grasp the nettle, we have to strike while the metal is.......COLD??? Oh, bloody hell! We're doomed! 😂

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
Well as Argyle fans were saying in January, argyke should have brought in an additional striker even a free agent. Hardie has always been a patchy stroker so that leaves Whittaker only to find the goals, instead we brought in two defenders, a defensive midfielder in his twighlight years and injury prone, great recruitment and data analysis there.
Monty you really ought to get an editor or have a read before pressing send. A patchy what?!

Feb 11, 2024
I must say I'm getting tired of the "it's still in our hands" line. It was in our hands at Stoke and Millwall and we ended up goal-less and empty-handed. Given that most other results have gone against us since we last took it in our hands to beat Leicester, it really is going to be down to grabbing the bull by the horns, to extend the metaphor.
Agreed, the fact were making out that being "in our hands" is any sort of positive is nonsense, as we do not have the quality to ensure 3 pounts, luck needed. The fact we are mathematically ahead on points and that Brum may slip us is our only hope.

Reactions: fieldd1982