Final day: what we need to do | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I think we’ll lose, I just can’t see us scoring, we’ve lost all creativity and we’re playing on fumes. Thankfully, I also think Birmingham will lose.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I think we all know what will happen. Birmingham will go a goal or two up, we will huff and puff in our game and come up short.

Reactions: Green 1886

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
The morning after the day before, I’m not in the mood for rallying cries that ignore the reality that we are in a very, very difficult position and have a final game in which we are very likely to be beaten. But somehow we will all have to dust ourselves off as one thing is clear, if we don’t then we will not help the 11 who come into the field on Saturday. Support, even if belief is thin, is the least we can do. All round it’ll be a horrid experience but you just never know and I’d rather be us than a Blues fan

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
It'll probably go like this:

Half-time and Argyle are 4-0 down to Hull, and looking awful.

Birmingham are 1-0 up against Norwich.

West Brom are cruising and look good for a win.

Argyle are going down at this point.

Meanwhile, Norwich are only above Hull on goal difference, but another 3 goal swing would change that.

We quickly go 5-0 down on the restart, Norwich go into panic mode and get their arses into gear, but a goal's not forthcoming.

Just to show Norwich we're not messing about we ship another 2 goals and they're now missing the play-offs.

Norwich really go all out and equalise near the end. Though both Birmingham and Norwich can get what they need from 1-1, the game's intense 2nd half has left the players not thinking clearly, so Norwich quickly score a 2nd with their momentum.

Argyle survive through the brilliant tactic of losing 7-0! 🤣

Just a shame our goal difference wasn't a bit higher, otherwise we could lose 7-0 and tolerate a Birmingham draw...
To be fair this a good point, Norwich aren't mathematically certain of the play offs without a point and one thing is for sure, on a professional basis, they can't just assume we won't be heavily beaten.

I think Norwich get the job done, albeit I wish it was at CR rather than SA.

May 22, 2006
What we need to do is get warnock in for the week.
What we need is to get Schuey in for the week. We played exciting, attacking football under him and looked a good side. He has done a good job at Stoke and got them out of trouble.

What we need and what we get are two different things as evidenced by the last two performances.

Jan 16, 2024
Obviously want us to win, but head says we'll do well to get a point. Worryingly I think Birmingham have momentum, yes i know they've drawn last two with Rotherham and Huddersfield, but they've not lost in last three games. I can see them at least getting a point, so we if we do lose that gd comes in to play.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What we need to do… send David Wagner a video of our 5-0 defeat to MK on the last day of the 2022 season, so he knows a 7 goal swing is possible when Argyle are involved.

Aug 29, 2012
Kind of reeks of a lose-lose situation. Somehow cling onto survival and the last few months are a taster for what lies ahead next season.

Or its relegation.

Alas, once a green always a green.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
What we need to do… send David Wagner a video of our 5-0 defeat to MK on the last day of the 2022 season, so he knows a 7 goal swing is possible when Argyle are involved.
100%

Best way would be to have a journalist ask him / remind him about it in the pre match press conference. Over to you @ Chris Errington to check in with your Norwich counterpart!

Oct 31, 2015
I read the title before reading the comments.

"SUPPORT NORWICH"

Its our only chance tbh.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Will conceding at Huddersfield have taken a mental toll on the Birmingham players - they also only managed a goalless draw at relegated Rotherham
Wagner will have his Norwich team fired up- they will have their own agenda going into the play offs

Reactions: 999mattyg