Final day: what we need to do | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Someone else has already said it but we have not been in the bottom 3 ALL season! It would just be typical if the footballing Gods conspire against us and send us into the relegation zone on the last fri**ing day.
But, it could get even worse than that...a certain Jay Stansfield to send us down with a last minute winner. Noooooo!

I still think we can away with this, but if we are, it will be because Brum aren't good enough, rather than us winning.
If we are to go down, then at least we gave a good account of ourselves and went toe to toe for half a season. Plus, there's always trips to Lincoln, Peterorough, Cambridge, Northampton and Mansfield to look forward to.
Genuine question - how good is the Norwich squad? IF (big IF) their fringe/ squad players are decent and are hoping for a chance to impress there's a slim chance.

But in all honesty this has 'Sunderland again' written all over it .... only much more so this time. Sunderland were at home and couldn't be arsed to compete in front of their own fans but Norwich are away against a team desperate with their crowd fully up for it.

If we don't win we will be relegated.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
It would be handy if West Brom are 3-nil up in ten minutes and Preston have had a couple reds ..... that might take the wind out of Hull's sails a bit.

Apr 9, 2024
Genuine question - how good is the Norwich squad? IF (big IF) their fringe/ squad players are decent and are hoping for a chance to impress there's a slim chance.

But in all honesty this has 'Sunderland again' written all over it .... only much more so this time. Sunderland were at home and couldn't be arsed to compete in front of their own fans but Norwich are away against a team desperate with their crowd fully up for it.

They'd get in our first 11!

Sep 28, 2022
I have just said on "Who do we want as our next manager" section, let's bring in Neil Warnock now this week, ideal if we stay up, rebuild if we go down. He watches us every week, he knows the players abilities, he won't disappear "up North" when a better offer comes in. No brainer, gee up the players for next weekend and hopefully have a clue on tactics that would be a good idea. He can't be that expensive surely, let's do it and shake the football world and hopefully Hull City, Coygs!!.

Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs

Sunderland were away to Southend.

Reactions: 999mattyg
Oct 19, 2021
Why do people think Norwich have nothing to play for? A seven goal swing is unlikely but far from impossible. They will be desperate for a point to make their play off spot mathematically certain.

Mar 11, 2018
I must say I'm getting tired of the "it's still in our hands" line. It was in our hands at Stoke and Millwall and we ended up goal-less and empty-handed. Given that most other results have gone against us since we last took it in our hands to beat Leicester, it really is going to be down to grabbing the bull by the horns, to extend the metaphor.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Why do people think Norwich have nothing to play for? A seven goal swing is unlikely but far from impossible. They will be desperate for a point to make their play off spot mathematically certain.
Agreed, they’re also professional motivated sportsmen who have a huge competitive streak. Do they want to play poorly and get dropped for a playoff game, unlikely.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
I think we need to play 3 in the middle.. but in reality I think we need Birmingham not to win.

Mark Smith

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
Clutching at straws, perhaps, but Birmingham couldn’t beat Rotherham and were marginally second-best to Huddersfield. If you don’t count their win against a woeful (on the day) Coventry side, they have scored fewer goals in their last 10 games than us.

I also think Norwich will be very keen to cement 5th place so early goals for West Brom would be very helpful.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Someone else has already said it but we have not been in the bottom 3 ALL season! It would just be typical if the footballing Gods conspire against us and send us into the relegation zone on the last fri**ing day.
But, it could get even worse than that...a certain Jay Stansfield to send us down with a last minute winner. Noooooo!

I don't think we have lost 3 in a row all season either?
Stansfield with a late winner and unveiling a 'The Greens are going down' T shirt is the nightmare scenario indeed.
I do think our fate is reliant on Brum not winning.