Final day: what we need to do | Page 10 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Sep 28, 2022
It does make me laugh that managers come and go because of their decision making basically. The people who select these managers always remain untarnished by their own particular decision making. And to say that Simon Hallett is not influenced by Neil Dewsnip is pie in the sky. Dare we trust him to get it wrong again. I say this, baring in mind, the decision to install Mr Dewsnip,was presumably also made by Mr Dewsnip, as interim manager. So as I previously said, IF we're relegated he should go.

Feb 8, 2005
I think Norwich w
I think Norwich will put out their best team and go for a win. It would be unprofessional and careless of them to approach the game any other way.
They will think there is a possibility of Hull putting 4 or 5 past us, even if it is unlikely and won't want to risk slipping up at Birmingham.
Norwich might put out their best team.

Or they might protect the mainstays for the play-offs. They will not want injuries to their best players at this crucial stage. In any case they will be on the bench should they be needed.

Aug 17, 2006
Norwich & WBA with only a point between them would both try to win to finish 5th to avoid Leeds or Ipswich in the playoffs. Southampton would seem to be the easier option over 2 legs.
I think Norwich will go all out for a win on Saturday.

Reactions: Cobalt 60
Feb 8, 2005
It does make me laugh that managers come and go because of their decision making basically. The people who select these managers always remain untarnished by their own particular decision making. And to say that Simon Hallett is not influenced by Neil Dewsnip is pie in the sky. Dare we trust him to get it wrong again. I say this, baring in mind, the decision to install Mr Dewsnip,was presumably also made by Mr Dewsnip, as interim manager. So as I previously said, IF we're relegated he should go.
Do you have so little regard for Simon Hallett?

Do you really think he would not be involved in the decision making?

Neil Dewsnip has been with us throughout our rise from the bottom division to where we are now. Do you think he will be sacked because he was asked to share the burden, with Nance, to see out the last of the season's games?

Do you really think Hallett will act in such a way, or are you hopeful that this will happen so that you can, with hindsight, again put forward your view that Warnock would have been our saviour, had he been asked, which has been your view since January.

Feb 24, 2008
A last minute Winner from Jay Stansfield for Birmingham to send us down would Cap Off the Season's Capitulation since the Turn of the Year. Years of the Doldrums in League One looms. If anyone thinks we'll Bounce Back needs to look at next Seasons League One Teams. We've spent the Majority of our History in League 1/Division 3 for a Reason. The Landscape has changed beyond belief with the Finances being touted these days and unless we join the Party to some extent sadly nothing will change.

Same old rubbish coming out of the Club again with let's make Home Park Hostile on Saturday Blah Blah Blah. It has got MK Dons written all over it. Sorry for all the Doom & Gloom but I'm sick to the back teeth of excuses especially the Fatigue /Burn Out Crap.

Reactions: Sun Stonehouse
Sep 28, 2022
Do you have so little regard for Simon Hallett?

Do you really think he would not be involved in the decision making?

Neil Dewsnip has been with us throughout our rise from the bottom division to where we are now. Do you think he will be sacked because he was asked to share the burden, with Nance, to see out the last of the season's games?

Do you really think Hallett will act in such a way, or are you hopeful that this will happen so that you can, with hindsight, again put forward your view that Warnock would have been our saviour, had he been asked, which has been your view since January.
I have nothing but the highest regard for Mr Hallett rest assured. The day to day running of the football side of the football club is in the hands of the "Director of Football", a certain Mr Dewsnip. It might have escaped your attention, but the "football side" of our football club is currently not going too well, in fact it might get a whole lot worse this coming weekend. People are judged on their results in football as in business, and if there is a downturn in fortunes in either, someone normally pays the price. Although it would appear not in this case, the ultimate kingmaker on the football side of our football club, Mr Dewsnip is bulletproof. Bad news for any incoming staff as they will be carrying ALL the burden and responsibility for the future and not the Director of Football. Strange but true.

• Snore
Reactions: Lancastergreen

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
Despite being an Argyle fanatic that has witnessed the Good the Bad and the Ugly, I really can’t see us getting anything from the last game of the season. Too many times we have bottled it when we have needed to lift our game time after time. MK Dons last game of season, pee pot trophy final, play off final all gone by with a whimper. I don’t know what it is but why do we fold in high pressure matches

Feb 8, 2005
A last minute Winner from Jay Stansfield for Birmingham to send us down would Cap Off the Season's Capitulation since the Turn of the Year. Years of the Doldrums in League One looms. If anyone thinks we'll Bounce Back needs to look at next Seasons League One Teams. We've spent the Majority of our History in League 1/Division 3 for a Reason. The Landscape has changed beyond belief with the Finances being touted these days and unless we join the Party to some extent sadly nothing will change.

Same old rubbish coming out of the Club again with let's make Home Park Hostile on Saturday Blah Blah Blah. It has got MK Dons written all over it. Sorry for all the Doom & Gloom but I'm sick to the back teeth of excuses especially the Fatigue /Burn Out Crap.
The odds are that Hull will beat us next Sunday, you cannot get away from that fact.

I know, we beat Leicester, so why not Hull?

That was due to circumstances. Against the run of play, we scored a goal, a good goal, and Leicester did not put away any of the chances that they created. Their fault.

Could that happen again with Hull. Yes, but the probability is that it will not.

Birmingham will have to win their match, a draw will not be enough. Will they win? The likelihood is not, but anything can happen in this division. The pressure will be on Birmingham.

The good thing about Saturday is that we could lose and still survive relegation.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
The odds are that Hull will beat us next Sunday, you cannot get away from that fact.

I know, we beat Leicester, so why not Hull?

That was due to circumstances. Against the run of play, we scored a goal, a good goal, and Leicester did not put away any of the chances that they created. Their fault.

Could that happen again with Hull. Yes, but the probability is that it will not.

Birmingham will have to win their match, a draw will not be enough. Will they win? The likelihood is not, but anything can happen in this division. The pressure will be on Birmingham.

The good thing about Sunday is that we could lose and still survive relegation.
We play Saturday 12:30pm k/o

• Haha
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Feb 8, 2005
I have nothing but the highest regard for Mr Hallett rest assured. The day to day running of the football side of the football club is in the hands of the "Director of Football", a certain Mr Dewsnip. It might have escaped your attention, but the "football side" of our football club is currently not going too well, in fact it might get a whole lot worse this coming weekend. People are judged on their results in football as in business, and if there is a downturn in fortunes in either, someone normally pays the price. Although it would appear not in this case, the ultimate kingmaker on the football side of our football club, Mr Dewsnip is bulletproof. Bad news for any incoming staff as they will be carrying ALL the burden and responsibility for the future and not the Director of Football. Strange but true.
For some of us, the "football side" of our football club is exactly as we expected, with the lowest budget in the league to play with, what did you expect?

I suspect that Simon Hallett also expected no more than what we have achieved this season as well.

Jan 27, 2006
My reading of the situation is our best bet is to get hammered by Hull so as to motivate Norwich to get a result against Birmingham.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I guess this is the best place to put this.

Ive been thinking about Argyle & Birmingham. Why either the club should go down. And whilst on Saturday the most deserving club will stay up, l keep thinking that where Argyle are undeserving of relegation is things have gone sour since they had no choice in losing their manager.

l keep thinking back to the decision that Birmingham owners made regarding bringing in Rooney, by sacking John Eustace when they were in the top 6. It's criminal decision that for me l find needs to be punished. Not just because they are involved now with Argyle in a two way shoot out relegation battle. It's because these American owners waltzed into a football club with their ideas & even when the club is doing better than it has for some time feel its perfectly fine to just sack someone because of commercial branding.

Argyle meanwhile, have recruited poorly both in terms of players & a new manager. However, these decisions were made after losing their manager, by a decision which was taken out of their own hands. Yes they sacked Foster after a few months, which personally l don't like because of the time frame he had, but all these circumstances were knock on domino effects from the moment Stoke came in for Schumacher.

Birmingham's relegation will probably put their ambitious plans back 12 months, but their massive pockets won't see them in league one for long. For Argyle, it's critical with stay up because we need to improve our infrastructure, like our training ground. Otherwise, this may get put on the back burner l feel.

I do want to add l know Birmingham were unfortunate with regards to appointing Tony Mowbray & him suddenly having health issues. Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. Yet l do think, when l look at the season as a whole & why the two clubs are fighting a relegation battle after 45 games then Birmingham created their particular mess by their own making. Argyle never wanted to lose Schumacher. If their is any justice, and football doesn't work like this, they will go down because of appointing Rooney in the manner they did. That decision alone deserves highlighting & the only way it can be I by relegation.

Last edited:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Norwich & WBA with only a point between them would both try to win to finish 5th to avoid Leeds or Ipswich in the playoffs. Southampton would seem to be the easier option over 2 legs.
I think Norwich will go all out for a win on Saturday.

And it’s still possible they miss out on play-offs altogether if they lose and Hull hammer us. Which definitely IS possible.

They will surely want to avoid that egg on their face, because strange things happen in football.

Having said all that, I’m just waiting for the Birmingham goals to roll in, because that’s simply how it’s gone for us this season.

Reactions: chester