Final day: what we need to do | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Jul 6, 2005
I hope Randell comes up with the winner against Hull in 92 minute.
So do I but that's most unlikely because to score, he would actually have to play the ball forwards, something which is complete anathema to him.

I don't know if the stats are available but I reckon Randell has played more passes back to Hazard/Cooper than he has forwards to Whittaker and Hardie this season.

He was still doing it in added on time today!

• Snore
Reactions: oldage and smudja

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
The new TV deal starting next season means an extra £2.5 million per club per season above the current deal so the Hull game really is a multi million pound game for us.

Reactions: IvyG

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
Doomsday scenario:

Plymouth Argyle suffer heartbreak with painful relegation

In a cruel twist of fate, Plymouth Argyle's hopes were dashed as they faced a tumultuous final game against Hull City. The week leading up to the decisive match saw Hull City surprisingly part ways with their manager, and then stun the football world by dramatically appointing the former Plymouth boss, Ian Foster. The stage was set for an intense battle, with Foster dismissing Plymouth's chances and urging his new team to show no respect to the opposition.

The match unfolded with Hull City striking early, seizing a vital lead that they fiercely defended with a resolute defensive performance reminiscent of Foster's style of play. Despite Plymouth's valiant efforts, they were unable to break through, succumbing to a narrow 1-0 defeat. The victory secured Hull City's playoff berth, prompting jubilant celebrations among their supporters, with Foster basking in the glory of his successful return.

Yet, the heartache for Plymouth was far from over. Birmingham City's draw against Norwich City offered a glimmer of hope, as Plymouth teetered on the brink of safety. However, in a cruel twist of fate, former Exeter City striker, Jay Stansfield, delivered a devastating blow deep into stoppage time. A defensive blunder gifted him a last-minute winner, plunging Plymouth into the depths of despair.

As the final whistle blew, Plymouth's fate was sealed. Relegation to League One loomed large, leaving fans shattered and players crestfallen. The bitter sting of defeat was compounded by Jay Stansfield’s taunting gesture, as he revealed a t-shirt bearing the mocking slogan: "Enjoy League One Greens." It was a gut-wrenching conclusion to a season filled with some memorable highs and devastating lows, leaving Plymouth Argyle to regroup and rebuild in the face of adversity.

Sep 3, 2011
Doomsday scenario:

Plymouth Argyle suffer heartbreak with painful relegation

In a cruel twist of fate, Plymouth Argyle's hopes were dashed as they faced a tumultuous final game against Hull City. The week leading up to the decisive match saw Hull City surprisingly part ways with their manager, and then stun the football world by dramatically appointing the former Plymouth boss, Ian Foster. The stage was set for an intense battle, with Foster dismissing Plymouth's chances and urging his new team to show no respect to the opposition.

The match unfolded with Hull City striking early, seizing a vital lead that they fiercely defended with a resolute defensive performance reminiscent of Foster's style of play. Despite Plymouth's valiant efforts, they were unable to break through, succumbing to a narrow 1-0 defeat. The victory secured Hull City's playoff berth, prompting jubilant celebrations among their supporters, with Foster basking in the glory of his successful return.

Yet, the heartache for Plymouth was far from over. Birmingham City's draw against Norwich City offered a glimmer of hope, as Plymouth teetered on the brink of safety. However, in a cruel twist of fate, former Exeter City striker, Jay Stansfield, delivered a devastating blow deep into stoppage time. A defensive blunder gifted him a last-minute winner, plunging Plymouth into the depths of despair.

As the final whistle blew, Plymouth's fate was sealed. Relegation to League One loomed large, leaving fans shattered and players crestfallen. The bitter sting of defeat was compounded by Jay Stansfield’s taunting gesture, as he revealed a t-shirt bearing the mocking slogan: "Enjoy League One Greens." It was a gut-wrenching conclusion to a season filled with some memorable highs and devastating lows, leaving Plymouth Argyle to regroup and rebuild in the face of adversity.
Apart from the Foster part that's exactly what will probably happen

Dec 28, 2021
So do I but that's most unlikely because to score, he would actually have to play the ball forwards, something which is complete anathema to him.

I don't know if the stats are available but I reckon Randell has played more passes back to Hazard/Cooper than he has forwards to Whittaker and Hardie this season.

He was still doing it in added on time today!
Sadly l have to agree . I don't get the love in with Randell , what does he actually do for the team ? The problem has been lack of creativity from all the midfielders ( since Finn left )

Sep 3, 2011
Still feel the two points dropped in the last minute vs Coventry will be pivotal - we’d be safe now if we’d held on for the win in injury time.:mad:
I've only seen Argyle live three times, Blackburn , Sunderland where we got 6 points, could easily have been none and Coventry, where we should have won. Then there's Swansea away and Leicester at home, I didn't go to either, so I'll let others judge.