Final day: what we need to do | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I don’t know what I’d prefer, but I think a team playing its last game of the season with nothing to play for is more dangerous. They’re putting in one last good show for the fans and for contracts etc, whereas the side in the play-offs is saving their energy.

Again the similarities with 2019 are eerie, with Norwich playing the Sunderland role.

Oct 10, 2018
With Hull playing tonight it means if they lose, because of their goal difference with WBA they will be out of playoffs. The problem with this is Norwich then go to Birmingham not needing anything. Now you can say the same about Hull coming to Argyle. It would be a dead game for them.

However, who would you back more. Norwich to get the result they need for the playoffs. Or Argyle to get the win they need to stay up.

Argyle don't look like they have it in them to save themselves.
Well as Argyle fans were saying in January, argyke should have brought in an additional striker even a free agent. Hardie has always been a patchy stroker so that leaves Whittaker only to find the goals, instead we brought in two defenders, a defensive midfielder in his twighlight years and injury prone, great recruitment and data analysis there.

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
Very Simple.
  • If Brum draw then we need to lose by 5 goals for them to stay up because
    • On goal difference we are minus 12 and they are minus 16
    • But we have scored more goals so they need to better us by 5 goals
  • If Brum win and we dont we are down.
So the risk is Brum winning, so with a buffer of 5 goals, the approach needs to be go for the win. Simple. A draw actually has zero value to us. That clarity of approach should help us focus the game plan for the game.

Said old Green

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jan 3, 2023
I could easily see us losing by 4 or more goals v Hull.

The key will be how much Norwich want it.

No confident at all.

Jul 9, 2011
Dewsnip needs to be brave next week not negative with his selections, if he picks an attacking team I think we will win the game.

May 6, 2011
21st was the aim all season, 21st is where we are now, be positive and no negatives thoughts and the outcome will be what we all want

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Norwich will not take their foot of the gas
Southampton, WBA will take shocking form into the place offs

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
We all know he will score next weekend.

So we have to bloody turn up and play well against Hull, we have been poo for weeks.

Well he (Stansfield) did skew a very good chance wide in the closing minutes today.