Final day: what we need to do | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I see people talking about bets.

Under Schumacher l was enjoying the goal scoring element of our football. But concerned about our defensive fragility.

Then we lost Schumacher, and we had recruitment process about to start.

I couldn't understand our recruitment process in the end. We need an experienced forward for support for Hardie. Nothing. We needed to replace Azaz with a goal scoring midfielder. Nothing. What we did is bring inexperienced youngsters. Not just at Championship level. At any level.

This was on top of bringing in an inexperienced coach at this level.

Now l always support a new manager for 12-18 months. Unconditionally. Yet l wasn't happy with what l saw. The first time l watched Argyle under Foster was the FA Cup game. I wasn't really likening what l saw against a team at the bottom of the league Two table. Yet it was his first game.

The performances kept on being poor especially from an attacking unit perspective. The two players behind Hardie werent linking with him or the midfield or wing backs around them. As an out of possesion unit l liked the press Foster tried to implement with Argyle. I thought it had potential for us to play better away from home.

By February l just still wasn't convinced. So l took odds of 28-1, which l thought were really generous considering we were in a battle with around 8 other teams.

And to be honest, l think we are no better now as a team, than we were under Foster. We talked about his inability to help us as an attacking unit. I agree with that train of thought. But watching Argyle against Stoke & Millwall, l just found myself thinking lm glad the players are happier, but how we are playing is no better than under Foster. In fact l would say at least under Foster away from home there was more of a structure to our play. Now, we just look a chaotic mess where lm asking myself wtf we actually trying to do.

I said we'd survive by the skin of our teeth. That was my gut feeling a month ago. Yet my head keeps replaying matches against QPR, Stoke & Millwall & us carrying very little, almost no threat.

I want Argyle to win because l feel its a footnote to us saying we survived because we were good enough. Waiting for Norwich to come in with their footballing super hero cape is kind of depressing in the sense it says we relying on them to fix the mess we caused.

If we survive, we must be honest with ourselves. We wanted to be "smarter" than other clubs but we made far too many mistakes since Schumacher's departure to give ourselves a pat on the back. Budget has been a factor why we in this position. Yet bad decisions l feel have overiden this factor.

Last edited:

Rissole and chips

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 16, 2023
Good luck for next week really enjoyed my trip to Home Park had not been for many a year.

Hull will be going flat out but so will Norwich at Brum.

That's the great thing about this league the integrity.and the competiveness of every game.

We went to Hudds safe and won 4.0 nobody gifts anybody anything in this league teally hope you stay up and will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jun 22, 2005
I can't see where we're getting a goal from so a draw is the best we can hope for unfortunately. Fingers crossed Norwich can turn it on, our lads are doing their best but we're just not good enough.

Rissole and chips

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 16, 2023
Someone else has already said it but we have not been in the bottom 3 ALL season! It would just be typical if the footballing Gods conspire against us and send us into the relegation zone on the last fri**ing day.
But, it could get even worse than that...a certain Jay Stansfield to send us down with a last minute winner. Noooooo!

I still think we can away with this, but if we are, it will be because Brum aren't good enough, rather than us winning.
If we are to go down, then at least we gave a good account of ourselves and went toe to toe for half a season. Plus, there's always trips to Lincoln, Peterorough, Cambridge, Northampton and Mansfield to look forward to.
That's what happened to Doncaster a fdw years back sent down on the last dayand they only spent 4 minutes of their last game in the bottom 3.

Guess who stayed up instead yep Brum.

Come on Plymouth Brum deserve all they get for sacking Eustace for Rooney whilst in a play off spot.

Sep 28, 2022
He should have been in weeks ago I would have put up with his style
of play just to have got to 50 points, it could not have been any worse than what we witnessed lately.
You do realise that to raise the name of Neil Warnock on this website is akin to a declaration of a total lack of knowledge of modern day football and modern day tactics, you know the ones, the same ones that Neil Dewsnip applied for yesterday, s game at Millwall. Apparently Warnock is a dinasour and not wanted at Home Park in any shape or form, in fact I, m surprised that he even manages to get a ticket, cheeky bleeder. Any way he is also far too old apparently and errr has no knowledge of football for today. Errr that's about it, best of luck on any future posts on the topic.

• Snore
Reactions: Lancastergreen
Aug 4, 2011
I see people talking about bets.

Under Schumacher l was enjoying the goal scoring element of our football. But concerned about our defensive fragility.

Then we lost Schumacher, and we had recruitment process about to start.

I couldn't understand our recruitment process in the end. We need an experienced forward for support for Hardie. Nothing. We needed to replace Azaz with a goal scoring midfielder. Nothing. What we did is bring inexperienced youngsters. Not just at Championship level. At any level.

This was on top of bringing in an inexperienced coach at this level.

Now l always support a new manager for 12-18 months. Unconditionally. Yet l wasn't happy with what l saw. The first time l watched Argyle under Foster was the FA Cup game. I wasn't really likening what l saw against a team at the bottom of the league Two table. Yet it was his first game.

The performances kept on being poor especially from an attacking unit perspective. The two players behind Hardie werent linking with him or the midfield or wing backs around them. As an out of possesion unit l liked the press Foster tried to implement with Argyle. I thought it had potential for us to play better away from home.

By February l just still wasn't convinced. So l took odds of 28-1, which l thought were really generous considering we were in a battle with around 8 other teams.

And to be honest, l think we are no better now as a team, than we were under Foster. We talked about his inability to help us as an attacking unit. I agree with that train of thought. But watching Argyle against Stoke & Millwall, l just found myself thinking lm glad the players are happier, but how we are playing is no better than under Foster. In fact l would say at least under Foster away from home there was more of a structure to our play. Now, we just look a chaotic mess where lm asking myself wtf we actually trying to do.

I said we'd survive by the skin of our teeth. That was my gut feeling a month ago. Yet my head keeps replaying matches against QPR, Stoke & Millwall & us carrying very little, almost no threat.

I want Argyle to win because l feel its a footnote to us saying we survived because we were good enough. Waiting for Norwich to come in with their footballing super hero cape is kind of depressing in the sense it says we relying on them to fix the mess we caused.

If we survive, we must be honest with ourselves. We wanted to be "smarter" than other clubs but we made far too many mistakes since Schumacher's departure to give ourselves a pat on the back. Budget has been a factor why we in this position. Yet bad decisions l feel have overiden this factor.
28/1? Really? Can’t believe that, not even traded near that on the exchange. Fair play if you did get those odds but never saw them get any higher than 16/1

Sep 6, 2006
You do realise that to raise the name of Neil Warnock on this website is akin to a declaration of a total lack of knowledge of modern day football and modern day tactics, you know the ones, the same ones that Neil Dewsnip applied for yesterday, s game at Millwall. Apparently Warnock is a dinasour and not wanted at Home Park in any shape or form, in fact I, m surprised that he even manages to get a ticket, cheeky bleeder. Any way he is also far too old apparently and errr has no knowledge of football for today. Errr that's about it, best of luck on any future posts on the topic.
Wow you've finally got it!

Sep 6, 2006
He should have been in weeks ago I would have put up with his style
of play just to have got to 50 points, it could not have been any worse than what we witnessed lately.
You've overlooked something pretty basic. You can't change the 'style of play' if you don't have the players.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
28/1? Really? Can’t believe that, not even traded near that on the exchange. Fair play if you did get those odds but never saw them get any higher than 16/1

Honestly, 28/1…. & yeah you’re right everything else was as you say 16/1. I think it was because it was a restricted stake bet. l thought it was all a bit strange but at those odds l thought they are ridiculously long odds considering our position.

It reminded me of the Derek Adams situation when we went down. I got decent odds in that season because we were just below mid table at the start of February. The team weren’t playing good at all but the bookies don‘t have that same focus on individual clubs as a fan so at the start of February will be happy to offer generous odds for relegation if you look like a side that isn’t in trouble based on league position.

Hopefully come Saturday l won’t see a penny of it.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024
Norwich might put out their best team.

Or they might protect the mainstays for the play-offs. They will not want injuries to their best players at this crucial stage. In any case they will be on the bench should they be needed.
Agreed. Norwich's squad players are better than Brum's first team. I trust the canaries to get us out of this.

Oct 10, 2018
Dewsnip needs to be brave next week not negative with his selections, if he picks an attacking team I think we will win the game.
Exactly, I'd start with

Whittaker, Freddie Hardie

Mumba Randell ForshawBundu

Sironòla Gibson Galloway

Cooper

Subs : Edwards, Waine, Roberts,
Houghton, Scarr, Devine
Monty you really ought to get an editor or have a read before pressing send. A patchy what?!
If its good enough for Plymouth Live, then I am only living upto their standards, so bars set pretty low lol.

• Haha
Reactions: RB00194