Final day: what we need to do | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Final day: what we need to do

Apr 11, 2023
WIN! Get behind the team and make as much noise as possible to lift the players. It's about passion and desire in what can be seen as a one-off game. We can't influence the other game so forget about that until after 90 mins.

Reactions: plymade

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
People do realise Norwich are 19th in the form table for away games over the course of this season.

I really wouldn't be hoping Norwich pull us out of this mess. Not on that form.

West Norwood Green

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 3, 2004
The bookies have Argyle at 22% chance of relegation. Birmingham 70%.
The bookies a week before polling had Trump at 7% of winning in 2016, Clinton 93%.
Make of that what you will.

To me, that Trump/Clinton pre-election odds stat always serves as a strong reminder of how seldom the bookies get it wrong (though Clinton got 3 million more votes overall) and what an anomaly it was. You could have chosen one of the infinite set of pre-event bookies odds that got it spot on, they outnumber the ones that don't, overwhelmingly. Who knows how it will play out next Saturday, or any Saturday come to that but the likelihood of it playing out in our favour is significant, as the odds would suggest. I take some comfort from that.

Reactions: Jon with no H

Jon with no H

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 6, 2023
Bolton
To me, that Trump/Clinton pre-election odds stat always serves as a strong reminder of how seldom the bookies get it wrong (though Clinton got 3 million more votes overall) and what an anomaly it was. You could have chosen one of the infinite set of pre-event bookies odds that got it spot on, they outnumber the ones that don't, overwhelmingly. Who knows how it will play out next Saturday, or any Saturday come to that but the likelihood of it playing out in our favour is significant, as the odds would suggest. I take some comfort from that.
Agree completely. There are eight paying in windows and one paying out window for a very good reason!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
People do realise Norwich are 19th in the form table for away games over the course of this season.

I really wouldn't be hoping Norwich pull us out of this mess. Not on that form.
There are some teams that others just inexplicably struggle against no matter where they are in the table, or general form aside from it. Since 2004/05 they've faced each other 21 times. Birmingham have won twice, they've drawn six, and Norwich have won the other 13. (Including wins in 10 of the last 11).

Reactions: MGM
Aug 4, 2011
Birmingham are also favorites to win their match with the early odds, we are not.
What price a Birmingham draw and us to lose 5-1 to go down on goal difference having whittled away the main thing we had to our advantage offer the past 3 months.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
I think we need to keep it very tight, at least to start with. As mentioned above we don't want to do anything to significantly impact our better goal difference. If the half time news from St Andrew's is that Brum are leading then obviously we'll then need to go for it.
I'd hate for us to be too open from the start in search of a win, get thumped, Brum draw and we go down on inferior GD.

May 11, 2023
Hope my memory isn't letting me down on this but in 1963/4 we had to equal or better Grimsby's result on the final day to avoid relegation from what was then Division 2. Both clubs were at home and both drew so Argyle stayed up on goal average (as it was then). Same again next week?