Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Guiri Green":19ntu0y5 said:
Thomas Edwards":19ntu0y5 said:
I've not read the four pages I've just watched that video.

Think the man they ejected is being unreasonable and the stewards are under serious pressure. I don't think they've done anything wrong.

Does anybody have the full facts?

Like knowing the full facts will matter to anyone wanting to blame everything on the Club.

Going by what's actually been divulged coupled with the personal character references then it doesn't reflect well on the club or their stewarding.

Funnily enough I pointed out earlier in the thread that some would blindly conjur an assumption of further wrongdoing in order to side with the authority and hey presto.

May 16, 2016
SwimWithTheTide":3jz4n5q1 said:
Guiri Green":3jz4n5q1 said:
Thomas Edwards":3jz4n5q1 said:
I've not read the four pages I've just watched that video.

Think the man they ejected is being unreasonable and the stewards are under serious pressure. I don't think they've done anything wrong.

Does anybody have the full facts?

Like knowing the full facts will matter to anyone wanting to blame everything on the Club.

Going by what's actually been divulged coupled with the personal character references then it doesn't reflect well on the club or their stewarding.

Funnily enough I pointed out earlier in the thread that some would blindly conjur an assumption of further wrongdoing in order to side with the authority and hey presto.

Like knowing the full facts will matter to anyone wanting to blame everything on the Supporters involved.

Jul 13, 2006
Andy Holland":3aflng3b said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":3aflng3b said:
I watched the video of the incident from the Sunderland game on the Herald website.

Anyone who has been to more than half a dozen football matches knows what the potential troublemakers look like (groups of young lads, Stone Island jackets, baseball caps pulled down etc). It's a bit concerning that the stewards get so heavy handed with a guy in full Argyle colours, attending the game with an older gent and two teenage boys, because it suggests they're either totally bereft of common sense or don't have a clue who the real risk cases are.

He may have been in breach of some minor regulation, and he does take umbrage with the mob of stewards that descend on him (though is never abusive in the video) but he is clearly absolutely no threat to anyone's safety or enjoyment of the game.

If he's been a season ticket holder for 20 years and is bringing his Dad and kids along, that's thousands of pounds of past and future revenue to Argyle. We can't afford to lose people like that. I hope the situation can be sensibly resolved.

This is worrying.

I suspect some of the lowlifes we have as stewards would be too scared to take on people who could actually be a real threat, and stick to picking out people who they think they can dominate.

I really hope the club handle this well, but some of the things that have happened this season don't suggest that they will. We haven't got enough fans to start alienating lifers!

they already are- picking on people standing right at the back in Lyndhurst- pathetic.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The quicker this stupidity about people standing at football matches at certain grounds gets kicked out the better.

1) People can stand at Exeter but not at Plymouth = Stupid
2) People can't stand at the back rows of a football ground = Stupid
3) People wanting to stand in front of people who sit = Stupid
4) People thinking that all seater stadiums are safer = Stupid
5) People who say us prawn sandwich old people are against standing = Stupid

The law is an ass in the case, it needs to be reviewed and changed.

May 8, 2011
foreigner":117hhsb3 said:
Andy Holland":117hhsb3 said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":117hhsb3 said:
I watched the video of the incident from the Sunderland game on the Herald website.

Anyone who has been to more than half a dozen football matches knows what the potential troublemakers look like (groups of young lads, Stone Island jackets, baseball caps pulled down etc). It's a bit concerning that the stewards get so heavy handed with a guy in full Argyle colours, attending the game with an older gent and two teenage boys, because it suggests they're either totally bereft of common sense or don't have a clue who the real risk cases are.

He may have been in breach of some minor regulation, and he does take umbrage with the mob of stewards that descend on him (though is never abusive in the video) but he is clearly absolutely no threat to anyone's safety or enjoyment of the game.

If he's been a season ticket holder for 20 years and is bringing his Dad and kids along, that's thousands of pounds of past and future revenue to Argyle. We can't afford to lose people like that. I hope the situation can be sensibly resolved.

This is worrying.

I suspect some of the lowlifes we have as stewards would be too scared to take on people who could actually be a real threat, and stick to picking out people who they think they can dominate.

I really hope the club handle this well, but some of the things that have happened this season don't suggest that they will. We haven't got enough fans to start alienating lifers!

they already are- picking on people standing right at the back in Lyndhurst- pathetic.

I just wonder what your reaction would be if the City Council under their Sports Ground Safety powers instructed Argyle to close Block 14 because of people standing all match. Norwich City were threaten with having part of their ground closed because of that issue by their local Council.

Jan 6, 2007
HC Green":f6mishiy said:
foreigner":f6mishiy said:
Andy Holland":f6mishiy said:
Brixton 'ill Pilgrim":f6mishiy said:

This is worrying.

I just wonder what your reaction would be if the City Council under their Sports Ground Safety powers instructed Argyle to close Block 14 because of people standing all match. Norwich City were threaten with having part of their ground closed because of that issue by their local Council.
I'd hope that the City Council have more important things to waste their time on than a handful of fans standing at the back of block 14, especially as they seem to have ignored the same people standing there for many years. I used to stand at the back of block 15 until the admin period, I moved over the grandstand at that time. My back isn't great these days, so I selected seats in the middle of block 14 so that I can sit while the refurb takes place. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that if you want to sit it wasn't wise to relocate to the back of 14/15.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
SwimWithTheTide":sks6uidr said:

Being a good person or having good character references doesn’t mean a thing.

Everyone has the capacity to make mistakes or be irrational.

As soon as I heard “I’m 14 you can’t touch me” I cringed.
Everything that’s wrong with society. I hope they threw him out.

Jul 29, 2010
L G":2ee7mjqh said:
Where would the club move all the block 14 season ticket holders if the council closed the block?
They could stand with the away fans who seem to be permitted to stand ad infinitum.....!!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
As with all situations such as this, it is never black and white. I will however say that refusing to co-operate with whatever authority is involved is usually unwise and will only exacerbate a situation that could otherwise come to a peaceful and often sensible conclusion. The original infraction of the rules is often overshadowed by the kerfuffle that ensues, leading to more serious sanctions. Let`s hope this will have a satisfactory outcome with no additional banning etc..

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think both 'sides' need to sit down, talk it through and move on.

A silly word at the wrong time, can kick this off and I'm sure looking at the testimonials above, it'll be sorted.

I know No4 steward to talk to, a very decent chap, as the family seem to be.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
I think we have been quite fortunate with the fixture list so far. Pompey or bristol Rovers home in the second round of the fa cup could put the cat amongst the pigeons

Aug 2, 2011
IJN":1avkpvxb said:
The quicker this stupidity about people standing at football matches at certain grounds gets kicked out the better.

1) People can stand at Exeter but not at Plymouth = Stupid
2) People can't stand at the back rows of a football ground = Stupid
3) People wanting to stand in front of people who sit = Stupid
4) People thinking that all seater stadiums are safer = Stupid
5) People who say us prawn sandwich old people are against standing = Stupid

The law is an ass in the case, it needs to be reviewed and changed.

Wrong on a number of counts. The current situation like it or not is that HP is an all seater stadium and you purchase a ticket on that understanding. If you do not like that do not purchase a ticket and balantly ignore the regulation.

It is somewhat irrelevant whether or not you agree with the regulation. Many many people believe that the motorway spped limit should be increased. However it is what it is and those who ignore it risk prosecution. Some people believe capital punishment is reasonable in certain circumstancesthe law says not.

Sweeping statements based on the views of a vocifirous minority is not necessarily reflected of the majority. With regard to seating it may come as a surprise but a ticket purchased equals a right to a seat and therefore an expectation of an unobstructed view. In the old grandstand those seats with an obstructed view were sold with a warning. Do tickets in block 14 get sold with a warning that regulation breakers may well block your view unless you also stand?

Take away the vociferous minority at a game of football and you end up with an atmosphere akin to a theatre. Is that what you want?

I don't understand how it is that all parties can't get what they want. It's so, so simple to arrive at a compromise in which all parties will be satisfied.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":39b0xfv1 said:
I think both 'sides' need to sit down, talk it through and move on.

A silly word at the wrong time, can kick this off and I'm sure looking at the testimonials above, it'll be sorted.

I know No4 steward to talk to, a very decent chap, as the family seem to be.
It would possibly help if the club side responded to some of the letters written by the supporters side.
Supporters had a letter from Mr Back and the club at the Wycombe match.
I know several of the lads have written letters but not many have had replies.
Let's see what the cup draw brings tonight....