Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Family claim they were assaulted by stewards @ Gill's match

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Balham_Green":3b79jnbh said:
Stuart House":3b79jnbh said:
philmeboots":3b79jnbh said:
Stuart House":3b79jnbh said:
Bermudian Green":3b79jnbh said:
Take away the vociferous minority at a game of football and you end up with an atmosphere akin to a theatre. Is that what you want?

I don't understand how it is that all parties can't get what they want. It's so, so simple to arrive at a compromise in which all parties will be satisfied.

This 100%.

The atmosphere was terrible on Saturday and will only get worse.

You can't moan about the vociferous minority on one had, and then the poor atmosphere on the other. The two go hand in hand.

Politely sitting in your seat and not swearing doesn't create an atmosphere.

Without atmosphere football is nothing.

Oh yes of course you have to be stood up to sing, clap chant and create an atmosphere, oh and of course swear! An essential part of showing your support! Clubs receive letters from the FA about fans conduct and you of course may find that Argyle are just doing what is required of them by the FA, which is follow the rules that have been laid down. Argyle don’t create the laws they just try and get the fans to follow them. Or perhaps we should just flout them and ignore the FA representatives who are frequently present during the games.

Yes you really do! Sadly a few people sat down meekly clapping and chanting doesn't create an atmosphere.

Everyone has their own expectations of supporting the team, if you want to sit passively fine, if you want to create an atmosphere that should be encouraged. The post I quoted was about compromise and that's what needs to be found.

At the moment Argyle seem to have a zero tolerance policy and its destroying the atmosphere.

But you sit there in your library be all means.

So what part of your anatomy stops you sitting and singing? Perhaps you should see a GP. He may be able to subscribe something.
...or prescribe even!!

Aug 5, 2016
It's true, sitting down is an atmosphere killer. People fall into a malaise and barely bother clapping let alone singing after ten minutes sat down.

As the old saying goes, Stand up if you love the greens!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I love the greens but I never stand up. :greensmile:

However I really get why people want to.

Apr 29, 2016
Stuart House":17j5sm5d said:
philmeboots":17j5sm5d said:
Stuart House":17j5sm5d said:
Bermudian Green":17j5sm5d said:
Take away the vociferous minority at a game of football and you end up with an atmosphere akin to a theatre. Is that what you want?

I don't understand how it is that all parties can't get what they want. It's so, so simple to arrive at a compromise in which all parties will be satisfied.

This 100%.

The atmosphere was terrible on Saturday and will only get worse.

You can't moan about the vociferous minority on one had, and then the poor atmosphere on the other. The two go hand in hand.

Politely sitting in your seat and not swearing doesn't create an atmosphere.

Without atmosphere football is nothing.

Oh yes of course you have to be stood up to sing, clap chant and create an atmosphere, oh and of course swear! An essential part of showing your support! Clubs receive letters from the FA about fans conduct and you of course may find that Argyle are just doing what is required of them by the FA, which is follow the rules that have been laid down. Argyle don’t create the laws they just try and get the fans to follow them. Or perhaps we should just flout them and ignore the FA representatives who are frequently present during the games.

Yes you really do! Sadly a few people sat down meekly clapping and chanting doesn't create an atmosphere.

Everyone has their own expectations of supporting the team, if you want to sit passively fine, if you want to create an atmosphere that should be encouraged. The post I quoted was about compromise and that's what needs to be found.

At the moment Argyle seem to have a zero tolerance policy and its destroying the atmosphere.

But you sit there in your library be all means.

Don’t sit there meekly in a library at all. Frequently in the Devenport end sat, singing and chanting along with the rest. I’m obviously one of the talented few who can do so. You should try it sometime it’s not so difficult really.

May 16, 2016
I sit, I sing very loudly, I shout, I swear like a Trooper at everything I see. I cant see the problem.

Everyone else does however and I'm banned from every Library and Church in Devon.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":3ncu5swd said:
Bermudian Green":3ncu5swd said:
Balham_Green":3ncu5swd said:
So what part of your anatomy stops you sitting and singing?

Oh my, this is such an easy tap in.

My favourite stalker is back! He can't resist me. Go on then ....

Don’t let your other stalkers know you have favourites.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I like the way this thread has gone from a fan being assaulted for climbing over the seats, fans being ejected for standing up, atmosphere in the stadium and now Balham Green and his stalkers. :)

Sep 6, 2006
Bermudian Green":2l6jmyco said:
Balham_Green":2l6jmyco said:
Bermudian Green":2l6jmyco said:
Balham_Green":2l6jmyco said:

And yet you always reply :wave:

Yes I kinda like being stalked. A first for me. I was waiting for your 'easy tap in'.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":h3of7xrn said:
Bermudian Green":h3of7xrn said:
Bermudian Green":h3of7xrn said:

And yet you always reply :wave:

Yes I kinda like being stalked. A first for me. I was waiting for your 'easy tap in'.

There are just sooooo many ways that that could be misinterpreted!! :shock: