Done Deal | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Done Deal

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
argyle_till_i_die":2qdq2wmc said:
GreenGreen":2qdq2wmc said:
edengreen":2qdq2wmc said:
Had a text from a mate who saw Ridsdale and Reid in the pub they asked what was going on
Ridsdale told him its a done deal with someone called hutchings or hutchinson a tycoon from up north to take over once we enter admin !
The deal is done is the exact phrase I was quoted from the bloke who sits in front of me. There's a load of blokes in front of me from ivybridge and the one that spoke to me said, Ridsdale, Reid and the new owner were in a pub in Ugborough last night. Ridsdale introduced him as the new owner, he couldn't remember the name exactly, I thought he said Henderson.

They're awaiting administration, this gets rid of the unsecured loans, also means you can charge for next seasons STs which had been already spent by the previous administration.

Joe Henderson is the name I believe you're looking for

American jazz tenor saxophonist? Died in 2001?

Apr 15, 2008
London
monkfish":2v62y4k7 said:
the rumour i have heard is that it is the guy who owns vospers(the car place i presume, not the boat builders in pompey)? who ever that is?
sorry only repeating some info passed on by a chap in work so no way to confirm

Perhaps Kevin Cooper (of Motor Factors fame) fancies a place on the board

Apr 15, 2008
London
Bodmin Tew":170vnvqg said:
taunton pilgrim":170vnvqg said:
Didnt they used to say that Judy was fishermens friend.

What she was having carnal knowledge of Ted Tuckerman (one for the kiddies there)

I knew he was a swordsman. Those jumpers must have been the key.

:)

Your plaice or mine?

Ted%20Tuck%20Plaice%20028%20300h%20c%20p%20Sh%20JPEG.jpg

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Mark_Colling":3jeie82q said:
argyle_till_i_die":3jeie82q said:
GreenGreen":3jeie82q said:
edengreen":3jeie82q said:
Had a text from a mate who saw Ridsdale and Reid in the pub they asked what was going on
Ridsdale told him its a done deal with someone called hutchings or hutchinson a tycoon from up north to take over once we enter admin !
The deal is done is the exact phrase I was quoted from the bloke who sits in front of me. There's a load of blokes in front of me from ivybridge and the one that spoke to me said, Ridsdale, Reid and the new owner were in a pub in Ugborough last night. Ridsdale introduced him as the new owner, he couldn't remember the name exactly, I thought he said Henderson.

They're awaiting administration, this gets rid of the unsecured loans, also means you can charge for next seasons STs which had been already spent by the previous administration.

Joe Henderson is the name I believe you're looking for

American jazz tenor saxophonist? Died in 2001?

Yes. I note from Google he is the only Joe Henderson who ever exists/ed.
All very strange. The only comfort I can get from my recce is the existence of the Henderson Financial Services Group offering both unit and investment trusts. Now, they will be worth a quid or two but I cannot see their analysts looking upon Argyle as a great company!

Apr 15, 2008
London
Quintrell_Green":6t4si282 said:
All very strange. The only comfort I can get from my recce is the existence of the Henderson Financial Services Group offering both unit and investment trusts. Now, they will be worth a quid or two but I cannot see their analysts looking upon Argyle as a great company!

I wouldn't trust the Pasoti grapevine/Chinese whispers to get the surname - Henderson - right.

Could always be the Jim Henson company - one group of muppets replacing another...

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
crownhillpilgrim":3e6ccexn said:
Quintrell_Green":3e6ccexn said:

I wouldn't trust the Pasoti grapevine/Chinese whispers to get the surname - Henderson - right.

Could always be the Jim Henson company - one group of muppets replacing another...

It aint easy being Green... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

T

Tim Chown

crownhillpilgrim":2b54ih5e said:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Feb 29, 2008
Does anyone else get the feeling that HP is sealed to leaks these days with only selected snippets that Ridsdale wants out fed to his stoolies?

Feb 25, 2005
Elburton, Plymouth
I am sure that I cannot be the only one who thinks that Mr Ridsdale knows exactly the final outcome that he is working towards, and has done since the first day the he got involved. All this talk of various interested groups is smoke and mirrors to appease both the fans, and the current directors who are looking to get the best deal that they can at the end of the day, there is only one group, or investor, and that is one who has a nice drink lined up for PR if he puts all the pieces together. Administration, far from being "not an option" has always been essential to ensure that PR's buyer get us as cheaply as he can, but there has had to be a bit of "slowly slowly catchee monkey" to keep the real plan under wraps, when we go into admin, maybe next week, the offer will be presented as the only game in town, and the existing directors will have a stark choice between that offer, or liquidation and nothing back.
I am not one of the chosen ones with contacts and inside knowledge, just a gut feel, we shall see!

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
floydian_janner":30eh8g3a said:
I am sure that I cannot be the only one who thinks that Mr Ridsdale knows exactly the final outcome that he is working towards, and has done since the first day the he got involved. All this talk of various interested groups is smoke and mirrors to appease both the fans, and the current directors who are looking to get the best deal that they can at the end of the day, there is only one group, or investor, and that is one who has a nice drink lined up for PR if he puts all the pieces together. Administration, far from being "not an option" has always been essential to ensure that PR's buyer get us as cheaply as he can, but there has had to be a bit of "slowly slowly catchee monkey" to keep the real plan under wraps, when we go into admin, maybe next week, the offer will be presented as the only game in town, and the existing directors will have a stark choice between that offer, or liquidation and nothing back.
I am not one of the chosen ones with contacts and inside knowledge, just a gut feel, we shall see!

Pretty much nail firmly hit!

Ridsdale had a plan when he came here, we were a sitting duck and he swooped.
Lets hope that he can sort things out and quick!

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I know Den but he will leave them with no option.

I'm not for one second blaming PR for this, if anything he highlighted what a crock of the proverbial we had running the show!

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
Bubba":scl8fv68 said:
I know Den but he will leave them with no option.

I'm not for one second blaming PR for this, if anything he highlighted what a crock of the proverbial we had running the show!

Cheers Bub but if they invited the Riddler in they did it presumably because he could help them sort the mess out. The thing that worries me is that the Board themselves are working on a completely different agenda.

Despite Tony Wrathall's honest comments I still don't think they realise how serious things are. The Dubai debacle is just one of many examples where they are seen to be out of touch.