'diddy poo' (Owls Forum) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

'diddy poo' (Owls Forum)

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Several Wednesday supporters on the bus up to the ground, the younger (drunk) ones very arrogant giving it the we are a big club talk, one of the dads pointed out to them that the last time he came here they lost 2-0 and the 3-1 away win was brought up, the youngsters wernt even aware that they had played us before, well they do now 😃
They also lost 4-0 at Home Park back in 2008 I think. I'm not sure why they are so shocked they lost yesterday to be honest.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
I went with a Wednesday supporting mate (Sheffield born and bred). It was interesting to hear comments in real time from someone concentrating on the other team. He was outraged at their defence - in particular their left back who really looked like he couldn't be arsed. One incident at a throw in right in front of us had him fuming.... Hardie had a brief tussle then spun and ran down the line and the full back just left him go - he just couldn't be bothered chasing and Hardie created a great chance for us. As my mate angrily said Wednesday have some very skilful players but are less than the sum of their parts. They are not a team. There's something wrong in that dressing room. Moore has a job on his hands and needs to do some serious arse kicking. If and when he does they'll shoot up the league.

They actually have a pretty poor recent record against us, we beat them plenty of times in the championship years, more than they beat us. Not sure where the disrespect comes from.
I do remember the days of Palmer, Hirst, Warhurst, Shirtliff etc when they were a top-flight team, but that was a long time ago. Time to move on guys, you are just another team like the rest of us. Welcome to league 1

Aug 5, 2015
Yep as fans of Sunderland, Ipswich and Portsmouth can testify there are no easy games in this division. Wins have to be earned. They don’t come by divine right.

May 16, 2016
It's a strange but regular attitude of the apparently bigger clubs supporters as they work their way down the Leagues, enjoy their status as big fish, lord it over all and sundry, patronise the locals about "cup finals" and how they'll be raising their games, then whinge like two year olds when everyone they play do just that and beat them.

Now they learn how they'll have to raise their game to compete with Accrington Stanley. The beauty of football outside the top end.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
It's a strange but regular attitude of the apparently bigger clubs supporters as they work their way down the Leagues, enjoy their status as big fish, lord it over all and sundry, patronise the locals about "cup finals" and how they'll be raising their games, then whinge like two year olds when everyone they play do just that and beat them.

Now they learn how they'll have to raise their game to compete with Accrington Stanley. The beauty of football outside the top end.
Who are they? (Well, somebody had to be first to say it. ;) )

• Haha
Reactions: David Doidge
Sep 10, 2021
I've read qute a bit of stuff on Twitter from their fans and there's a great mix of views. Some of them completely deluded and others who seem to remember that it wasn't too long ago that they were in this divison and how hard it is to get out of it!

C

Cult Of Personality

Read some of the comments from there forum..

Wednesday yeah we're a big club in the 60s untill there players got done for match fixing.

There more famous for there ground then there team. Hillsborough and the disaster is the first thing you think of when someone mentions them. Don't think I would want argyle to be thought of in that way .

They had waddle and co in a early 90s but again they did nothing and got relegated from the premiership.

They just a bog standard championship side most of the time . Nothing special

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
At the moment they're more famous for their financial irregularities and not paying their players.

Nov 2, 2004
I am of a generation who will always think of Wednesday as a big club, to be honest I think of them as being a bigger club than Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc, on top of that they have like us a great name, Wednesday v Argyle sounds so much better than City v Utd. It was good to see a decent away turn out even if a lot of them were drunk (they had travelled a fair distance) and when you consider how little success they have had recently they are really well supported. Good luck to them and I am sure they will not be in this division for long.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I am of a generation who will always think of Wednesday as a big club, to be honest I think of them as being a bigger club than Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc, on top of that they have like us a great name, Wednesday v Argyle sounds so much better than City v Utd. It was good to see a decent away turn out even if a lot of them were drunk (they had travelled a fair distance) and when you consider how little success they have had recently they are really well supported. Good luck to them and I am sure they will not be in this division for long.
Wednesday aren’t even the biggest club in league 1. Sunderland are a bigger club.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
You may be right but which direction will the go?

Sep 10, 2021
Totally agree about their name, it's a cracker. I don't think they're as big as Sunderland but to be fair their support is fantastic given that they've had so little success since that team of the early 90s. Their forum was very complimentary about our support last week when they talked about how many we took up to Hillsbough midweek in the Sturrock days.