Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps Rich shouldn't compile his own CV if he thinks the negatives should go on them!

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Bristol Rich":1ek6880o said:
IJN":1ek6880o said:
His CV will, quite rightly, show a Wembley final and a promotion.

It will also quite rightly show a Wembley defeat after blowing automatic promotion and a relegation canceling out any progress the club made.
It won't actually.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
Feb 8, 2016
Whatever your views on Derek Adams the bottom line is that we are in the same Division as we were 4 years ago when he took over so in terms of football progress we are no further forward.Financially who knows whether we are in a better position or not

May 1, 2011
IJN":2dm782sv said:
Perhaps Rich shouldn't compile his own CV if he thinks the negatives should go on them!

Well actually Ian it's just important to point out the whole truth not half the truth.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":1ly5vqnt said:
You may not like it but the history books will show he achieved a Wembley play off final and a promotion. Only Donald Trump can successfully make half truths into established fact and facts into fake news. I donā€™t suppose Adams cares a flying flip what you or anybody else thinks anyway.

It's not what anyone thinks, the history books will show a defeat and a relegation. Not sure how this is hard to understand? You are the one telling half truths.

May 1, 2011
HC Green":31unmfi4 said:
Bristol Rich":31unmfi4 said:
IJN":31unmfi4 said:

It will also quite rightly show a Wembley defeat after blowing automatic promotion and a relegation canceling out any progress the club made.

No, his CV just mentions he got Argyle to a play off final for the first time in 20 years.

Any sensible Chairmen and not an Adams lackey will be more interested in the relegation.

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
r4h4al":1q0g3zw4 said:
But he didn't relegate us though did he officially?

Yes he did what happened after he left was irrelevant we won our game and went down

Three results got us relegated I isolation the two games where we lost leads late on and the hopeless gutless display at Accrington
If we had took a pint from either or a one nil defeat we would have been safe
All this was down to the defence Adams built

Aug 5, 2015
So it had nothing to do with the 11 so called professionals who pulled on a green shirt and either bottled it or downed tools in the last few games. We conceded 11 goals in our last three games including that ā€œdisplayā€ at Accrington. Thatā€™s ultimately why we were relegated irrespective of what you think of the manager. I hope that with one or two exceptions none of them accept new contracts and that those still under contract get nowhere near our first team.

Mar 14, 2009
Whoā€™s right. Whoā€™s wrong. Itā€™s the past now.

The simply fact is Argyle got relegated. Adams was in charge for 45 of the 46 league games. He failed.

The bloke isnā€™t as good as some thought. If you think about it in all seriousness we went down on goal difference. Perhaps if Adams taught the team how to defend and score away from home we MIGHT of stayed up.

All this is irrelevant as after four years Adams took us back to league two, where he started from. His win ratio did nothing to stop us getting relegated, did it?

This isnā€™t my facts. Or every bodies elseā€™s fact. This is what happened.

Jul 6, 2005
IJN":pkmwlfxz said:
Perhaps your judgement of Adams is coloured by your personal relationship with him and you donā€™t see things objectively.

Regardless of his what he puts on his CV, the fact is that after 4 years in charge, the club is in exactly the same place as they were when he came in. If your are looking for someone to take your club forwards, that is not much of an endorsement.

And letā€™s be honest, getting a club liked Argyle promoted from the basement of the Football League after 2 seasons is no big deal. I doubt thatā€™s going to impress a Chairman at a decent League 1 club and certainly not at all at a Championship club.

In addition, as was the case when he left Ross County, he left a changing room with players that he had signed who were clearly not prepared to play for him and a deeply-divided fan base. Although come the end, there was only the stubborn hardcore few who remained in defiance of the dire situation the club was in, which Adams himself was largely responsible for.

Aug 5, 2015
So now itā€™s no big deal to get promoted out of L2. Try looking at GOS and see how long weā€™ve spent in the basement before getting promoted. And of course letā€™s not forget we go to Wembley every other season donā€™t we!

Well itā€™s over now and I expect the blame rests partly with the manager, partly with a set of ineffectual players who ultimately didnā€™t give a poo and partly with the Board who took their eyes off the ball. I expect the cat had something to do with it too.

W can only hope for better

Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":1c1m0kqo said:
So now itā€™s no big deal to get promoted out of L2. Try looking at GOS and see how long weā€™ve spent in the basement before getting promoted. And of course letā€™s not forget we go to Wembley every other season donā€™t we!

Well itā€™s over now and I expect the blame rests partly with the manager, partly with a set of ineffectual players who ultimately didnā€™t give a poo and partly with the Board who took their eyes off the ball. I expect the cat had something to do with it too.

W can only hope for better
A team that havenā€™t paid their staff for 2 months, are facing a winding up order and who had a Rookie Manager have just been Runners-Up in L2. In recent seasons we have seen the might of Rochdale, Accrington, Wycombe and Wimbledon promoted from L2; so no, itā€™s not a big deal especially for a club like Argyle who have more potential than any of those I have listed and many more teams which I didnā€™t include.

You say the blame only partly lies with Adams, I say that it almost exclusively lies with Adams.

He didnā€™t have to get us promoted or to even make the Play-offs. He didnā€™t even have to make us solid mid-table. All he had to do was to keep us out of the bottom 4 and he failed miserably.

He had to learn from the previous season and not make an horrendous start but instead, he was even worse and we were bottom of the League after 25 games. One defeat less in those 25 games might have made the difference.

He signed every player who played last season, he coached them weekly and prepared them for each game. He was responsible for all footballing matters at the club but as events have shown, he wasnā€™t good enough to even compete with the likes of the 4 small clubs I mentioned.

He ended up with a group of players who didnā€™t want to play for him and a fan base almost united against him.

That will look good on his CV.