Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Kentishgreen":23vckkv7 said:
Well it doesn’t matter if it’s no big deal to get from L2 to L1.

It really isn't.

You should really be more aspirational in life if you genuinely think clambering out of the basement division is something to put out the bunting for, for a club the size of Argyle.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
There's a difference between thinking we shouldn't be in a certain division, and thinking it's difficult to get out of.

We won't (touch wood) ever sink as low as the Conference, but that would be very difficult to get out of. It took Luton five years.

Took Portsmouth four years to get out of L2, us and Bradford six years.

Aug 5, 2015
Actually I wouldn’t put the bunting out if we got promoted from L2 to L1 although it would be a cause for celebration. However by the same token I don’t think that promotion is a mere formality. It was just turning up and going through the motions ( no pun intended) that got us relegated in the first place. Some people need to see how long it took for us to get out of L2 in the past

May 16, 2016
David Friio's mate":x55d1dvx said:
Kentishgreen":x55d1dvx said:
Well it doesn’t matter if it’s no big deal to get from L2 to L1.

It really isn't.

You should really be more aspirational in life if you genuinely think clambering out of the basement division is something to put out the bunting for, for a club the size of Argyle.

Worth celebrating your first step towards the Premiership surely ?

Dec 9, 2017
I think the biggest things for me were the positive and negative streaks this year and last and his inability to stop the negative streaks quickly. I think what we want as fans is consistency..............hopefully consistently good ! Time for a new manager and a new successful period in Argyle's history. Here's hoping!