Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
demportdave":3rp5hcgd said:
IJN":3rp5hcgd said:
His CV will, quite rightly, show a Wembley final and a promotion.
Perhaps your judgement of Adams is coloured by your personal relationship with him and you don’t see things objectively.

I had no personal relationship with DA as such. Only spoke to him about four or five times and that was it. I found him very personable and I always had the feeling he was very proud to be associated with our club.

However, as I said before he will have a promotion on his CV along with a Wembley final.

That can't be disputed can it?

Aug 5, 2015
Yes he did sign every player including Ladapo, Carey, Llameiras etc. So as it’s no big deal to get promoted from L2 we should appoint Pilgrim Pete straightaway.

Jul 6, 2005
IJN":574s0gfp said:
demportdave":574s0gfp said:
IJN":574s0gfp said:
Perhaps your judgement of Adams is coloured by your personal relationship with him and you don’t see things objectively.

I had no personal relationship with DA as such. Only spoke to him about four or five times and that was it. I found him very personable and I always had the feeling he was very proud to be associated with our club.

However, as I said before he will have a promotion on his CV along with a Wembley final.

They are facts which indeed cannot be disputed.

However, Neal Ardley had a similar CV but at a club with lesser potential and lesser support than Argyle, but all he could get when Wimbledon sacked him was a desperately struggling Notts County and relegation to the National League.

I would suggest the CV of a football Manager is looked at slightly differently compared to those of people who might be looking for a “normal job”. You can’t get away with just emphasising the positives or by exaggerating their significance.

If I was the Chairman of a club looking to appoint Adams, I would look at the whole of the 4 years he was at Argyle. I would also look closely at the circumstances which led to him being sacked. Why do his teams not perform in the first half of the season? Why was their form so extreme with regards to results, i.e. feast or famine. Why did he lose a dressing room made up of players he himself had signed? Mid-table in early March, relegated in May, etc. etc.

I have no doubt that Adams will be back in work sooner or later, that’s the way the managerial merry-go-round works. I will be surprised if it is at a better club than Argyle.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
If you inspect all four years, then you will see an improvement in league position every year except the last year. Adams is pretty good at talking himself up, so if he can come up with a reasonably plausible reason for his last year, he will make a good candidate for someone who hasn’t watched his teams week in - week out.

Coupled with football being pretty much a closed shop where most can get a job somewhere as long as they’ve survived the couple of initial years in management, I have no doubt that Adams will be employed by someone for many years to come.

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":20zfvwoy said:
Yes he did sign every player including Ladapo, Carey, Llameiras etc. So as it’s no big deal to get promoted from L2 we should appoint Pilgrim Pete straightaway.

Had Pilgrim Pete of been in charge this season it's hard to imagine it would have gone much worse!

You don't have to be a 'Pasoti expert' to know this season has been a shambles all the way from the Yeovil game to Accrington. Any fool can see that.

Adams leaves Ross County and Argyle with a divided squad and a divided fanbase. If only an expert could identify a pattern here.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You should perhaps think about letting it go Rich.

It's all done and dusted and we are now a 4th Division club who will be playing Salford next season.

May 1, 2011
IJN":1xq207sb said:

It's all done and dusted and we are now a 4th Division club who will be playing Salford next season.

Indeed we will be Ian. So let's all stop talking about Adam's CV shall we?

Hopefully Ryan Lowe is coming in and we can all get behind him.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Kentishgreen":xefh0uyu said:
He just seemed to get worse and worse as time went on plus refused to admit it and blame everyone and everything else but himself.

It's a shame when you look at somebody like Klopp who came in at the same time who's just got better and better as times gone on. Now they might win the Champions league.

It's bizarre really but now we need another manager who can stay for many years and not regress like Adams.
Could that be one of Lowe or Holloway?
Probably.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Bristol Rich":1v6gk15k said:
IJN":1v6gk15k said:

Indeed we will be Ian. So let's all stop talking about Adam's CV shall we?

Hopefully Gary Rowe is coming in and we can all get behind him.
Who is Gary Rowe? First time I’ve seen him mentioned.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":fqotubn1 said:

Really hope we are not their first home game. :sigh:

Clinging on to coincidences between the Shilton team that fell apart and last season. Then a promotion winning manager came and joined us and got us promoted first season from 4th tier. Would settle for that again right now.

Jul 6, 2005
IJN":1pob86vd said:

Dead right, time to move on and put this disastrous season and those responsible for it behind us.

Time to look forwards with Ryan Lowe, your old mate Holloway or whoever we end up with.

Might also be appropriate for you to take Adams off the Pasoti banner as well.

Sep 6, 2006
IJN":5v5yh4i9 said:
demportdave":5v5yh4i9 said:
IJN":5v5yh4i9 said:

Hard to believe people are still going on about a Wembley 'final' where we barely turned up and only happened because we scewed up automatic promotion at end of season - a pattern there? Anybody remember the home defeat to Dag & Red (3.0 down at h.t) :facepalm: Id be very surprised if Adams got a decent offer any time soon. But then again therebare plenty of mug chairman around I guess.

Aug 5, 2015
I know what you mean. I’m still amazed that people think it’s a breeze to get out of this division particularly when we are probably going to be left with a lot of below average players.

Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":rxn4fd5h said:
I know what you mean. I’m still amazed that people think it’s a breeze to get out of this division particularly when we are probably going to be left with a lot of below average players.
And who's fault is that I wonder.