Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

Mar 14, 2009
GreenThing":e7rsj98o said:
There are people on both sides of the camp who go OTT.

I totally agree with this.

I really think the Mods do a great job monitoring so many people on this forum. However, this time l think thats a bit naughty changing the title of the thread as l suspect many other posters, including myself, assumed the OP did it and was being totally self indulgent.

You might not like what he wrote. Or even agree to it. You might be ā€œchanging the titleā€ to warn people what the thread is about but arenā€™t we grown up enough to seriously decide for ourselves?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Oct 31, 2010
Metal_Green_Mickey":11ltj6jr said:
GreenThing":11ltj6jr said:
There are people on both sides of the camp who go OTT.

I totally agree with this.

I really think the Mods do a great job monitoring so many people on this forum. However, this time l think thats a bit naughty changing the title of the thread as l suspect many other posters, including myself, assumed the OP did it and was being totally self indulgent.

You might not like what he wrote. Or even agree to it. You might be ā€œchanging the titleā€ to warn people what the thread is about but arenā€™t we grown up enough to seriously decide for ourselves?

I regularly change thread titles (with the brackets) because often the title doesn't give the reader an idea of what the thread is about.

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":330cs1t2 said:
Not really worth falling out over is it?

Not gonna fall out over it. Just worth debating l suppose.

I didnā€™t know Postey often changed thread titles with brackets. I like him as a poster. He speaks a lot of sense.

I accept what Postey has just said. I just thought that in this insistence that by modifying the title it makes more of an issue because itā€™s his opinion surely the way the OP wrote what he did. Others might come to a different conclusion.

Anyhow, time to play golf.

Mar 30, 2019
IJN":ryj1gf8g said:
Not really worth falling out over is it?

A suggestion Ian:- perhaps if a title is changed by a mod, then include a short suffix like EBM (i.e. Edited By Mod).

I would also agree that its not worth falling out on this.

Oct 5, 2013
OP here: thanks to all those who have expressed their understanding of my OP, regardless of whether they agree with my view or not. In particular to UpThe Line, MetalGreen Mickey and Todric.
For me it's not really a question of whether we agree or not, for me it's more a question of providing a forum where people can express their views, and have them accepted as simply their views, without hostility and without having their mental health questioned (as by Voice of Reason in this case), and without being told to "Get over yourself" (as suggested by IJN).
And yes, for what it's worth, I agree with the suggestion that if a Mod changes the OP, it should be indicated by something like "EBM" (Edited By Mod) so that it is clear what has occurred.
It would surely be regrettable, in the bigger scheme of things, if the leading PAFC forum should ever become a place where contributors could not freely express their views without facing the type of hostile response that is all too evident elsewhere online.

Mar 18, 2014
By the tone of the OP philevs comes over like a 10 ten year old. Told you he was sh!t na na na na na.....parents must be so proud that a 7 year old was such a visionary.
So many threads on here akin to this.
Pass a bucket. Need to barf

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
His position became untenable in the end but I still feel he is a decent manager at this level and would be a good appointment for somebody else.

Ultimately people wanted his team's playing a different brand of football, not that they complained when it won us promotion. When we played that style and didn't win it became a problem.

It'll be interesting to see if our next manager can match his achievements.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Thomas Edwards":3o41bxlq said:
His position became untenable in the end but I still feel he is a decent manager at this level and would be a good appointment for somebody else.

Ultimately people wanted his team's playing a different brand of football, not that they complained when it won us promotion. When we played that style and didn't win it became a problem.

Disingenuous
Plenty of us complained about his style, even when we got promoted - and got slagged off for doing so

David Friio's mate

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Thomas Edwards":3jnjjslz said:

This whitewashing of the past is a bit misleading.

Plenty of people didn't enjoy the Adams brand of football throughout his entire tenure, and there's been loads of comments about how it was the flattest promotion season imaginable. To now pretend "no-one complained at the time" is just incorrect.

Obviously he'll get another job, but I think potential employers will look at the amount of pointless, wasteful signings he made at us and ask questions about his judgement and use of a budget. I suspect he'll end up back in Scotland.

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
David Friio's mate":1v1yr6x3 said:
Thomas Edwards":1v1yr6x3 said:

Plenty of people didn't enjoy the Adams brand of football throughout his entire tenure, and there's been loads of comments about how it was the flattest promotion season imaginable. To now pretend "no-one complained at the time" is just incorrect.

Obviously he'll get another job, but I think potential employers will look at the amount of pointless, wasteful signings he made at us and ask questions about his judgement and use of a budget. I suspect he'll end up back in Scotland.

I think potential employers will look more at the 3 successful seasons at Argyle and the 3 successful seasons at Ross County and the Carey, Bradley, Freddie, Lameiras, Songo, Sawyer, Tanner, Kennedy, Oscar etc etc etc signings and the fact he earnt probably 75% of what Tisdale and Sheridan earn now at MK Franchise and Chesterfield in the conference.

May 8, 2011
David Friio's mate":1rg6kh0k said:
Thomas Edwards":1rg6kh0k said:

Obviously lots of people enjoyed the style of play as the crowds increased. Perhaps the extra 4,000+ didnā€™t really understand football?

Oct 31, 2015
Thomas Edwards":1abebp9q said:

I was vocal towards Adam style since the play off loss at Wembley. I always said his football was dire with a few exceptions and when we got promoted I stated on here it was a bit meh. There were plenty of us shouting about it but the win ratio stats kept get thrown back at us ( which is fair)

With a few considered words from Adams fans I tolerated him but would never say I had never complained because I was like a stuck record :lol:

Any way all history and he will manage again