Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Did DA know what he was doing? (I told you so)

Oct 31, 2015
I think DA knew what he wanted to do as it worked in Scotland but poor tactics and signings plus no plan B once found out and his perceived arrogance all went against him.

I think football wise the team is in a much worse position now than when he took over from Sheridan. Another poster made comment on here to the spine we had when he took over. I hadn't thought of this but it hit home how poor DAs recruitment has been in areas

McCormack

Sawyer
Hartley
Nelson
Mellor ( ok this lad was marmite)

McHue

Reid

That was a very good spine to build on.
He has left the new manager with F all to work with apart from maybe Freddie, Yan and young cooper.

We will lose GC10 and Rubes so it really does mean a total rebuild.

I will give credit to DA for signing these 2 and Freddie because when on fire they were unstoppable. Unfortunately every other team knew that.

I want to put DA into the history file now. Been there, done that but he has ruined the football side of the team including the youth.

In the business side of things the club is in a much stronger position than when he took over.

DA is now filed for me, bring on the new man

Thank goodness him leaving was worth League 2 :scarf:

Oct 5, 2013
Thank you for your profound reply, Voice of Reason.

As I've pointed out, it wasn't me that put "(I told you so)" in the OP, it must have been someone else!

The objective of this thread was to give everyone who might want to air anything at all about DA's spell of management the chance to get it off their chest - a chance for a bit of catharsis maybe. His spell in charge had certainly been ruining many Saturdays for me for 4 years, as well as costing me a lot of money for precious little enjoyment in return.

Also, a lot on here gave here those of us who were pointing out DA's weaknesses a hard time for doing so; therefore this thread would be a chance for them to acknowledge this, if they had now come round to sharing the same view, and possibly reflect before giving others a hard time, especially where their views have some validity.

Your own post, Voice of Reason, perhaps falls into this same category.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Only Mods and the OP can change titles. As it wasn’t the OP it must have been a Mod.

It wasn’t me but I applaud the added it text, it warns potential readers exactly what this is.

Get over yourself Phil, it’s very unedifying to say the least.

I would also point out that even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

May 16, 2016
philevs":266gisjd said:
Thank you for your profound reply, Voice of Reason.

As I've pointed out, it wasn't me that put "(I told you so)" in the OP, it must have been someone else!

The objective of this thread was to give everyone who might want to air anything at all about DA's spell of management the chance to get it off their chest - a chance for a bit of catharsis maybe. His spell in charge had certainly been ruining many Saturdays for me for 4 years, as well as costing me a lot of money for precious little enjoyment in return.

Also, a lot on here gave here those of us who were pointing out DA's weaknesses a hard time for doing so; therefore this thread would be a chance for them to acknowledge this, if they had now come round to sharing the same view, and possibly reflect before giving others a hard time, especially where their views have some validity.

Your own post, Voice of Reason, perhaps falls into this same category.

Good objective, but unfortunately several Seasons and Hundreds of Threads might suggest it's already been covered ;)

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
A selection of lovely responses to Phil's original post:

'The original post has got to be one of the most clueless and pathetic posts on Pasoti ever, bonehead of the year awarded'

'The Jokes forum closed about 6 months ago'

'Doom and Gloom all over the place.
I cannot believe it.
Your not supporters
Your whingers.
Supporters support and that includes the management team for gods sake.'

'What a stupid question!'

'This is a ridiculous post.'

'Does DA know what hes doing? Well more than most who post on here'

'OP is a troll. End of'

'what a stupid thread to start! why dont you go support exeter ffs. this is the sort of idiot i end up sat next to at a game !!'

'The originator of this post needs to consider his position as an Argyle fan'

'Course he does. it's the football managers on PASOTI that don't know what they are doing.'

Oh dear.
And apparently it was the anti-Adams crowd who were supposed to be 'snarky'.
So why on earth wouldn't Phil want to come on and say 'I told you so' after the abuse he received?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
philevs":19a76lg7 said:
Hello Mods, I don't recall putting "(I told you so)" in the title of my OP, did you add it?!
PS It does fit rather well !

I changed the thread title, I thought it was very appropriate.

Oct 5, 2013
IJN":3ko0frfa said:
Only Mods and the OP can change titles. As it wasn’t the OP it must have been a Mod.

It wasn’t me but I applaud the added it text, it warns potential readers exactly what this is.

Get over yourself Phil, it’s very unedifying to say the least.

I would also point out that even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

OK thanks for your advice IJN.
As you have the power to do so, is it a thread that perhaps you should remove altogether? We don't want anything unedifying on PASOTI.

Dazzy3000

✅ Evergreen
Dec 3, 2008
It’s pretty rare these days that managers at our level go out on a high anyway. Usually the reason a manager leaves is because results are poor and they get sacked (obviously a few will do really well and go to a bigger club). So it was a pretty safe prediction to say he’d get sacked eventually - albeit after some successes along the way.

Oct 5, 2013
PL2 3DQ":l9lgo06u said:
philevs":l9lgo06u said:
Hello Mods, I don't recall putting "(I told you so)" in the title of my OP, did you add it?!

OK thanks for telling me, and yes I agree it was quite appropriate, but that was not all that was intended by this thread, as I've tried to put across.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
philevs":xmzqb6zt said:
PL2 3DQ":xmzqb6zt said:
philevs":xmzqb6zt said:

OK thanks for telling me, and yes I agree it was quite appropriate, but that was not all that was intended by this thread, as I've tried to put across.

Phil if you want to say 'I told you so' then say 'I told you so'. Its a football message board for crying out loud - the only people who are getting butt-hurt about it are the same kind of people who gave you a torrent of abuse when you originally posted a well articulated, reasonable post questioning the future under Adams, and I quote:

'The original post has got to be one of the most clueless and pathetic posts on Pasoti ever, bonehead of the year awarded'

'what a stupid thread to start! why dont you go support exeter ffs. this is the sort of idiot i end up sat next to at a game !!'

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
There are people on both sides of the camp who go OTT.

May 16, 2016
up_the_line":1096zhhr said:
A selection of lovely responses to Phil's original post:

'The Jokes forum closed about 6 months ago'

'Doom and Gloom all over the place.
I cannot believe it.
Your not supporters
Your whingers.
Supporters support and that includes the management team for gods sake.'

'What a stupid question!'

'This is a ridiculous post.'

'Does DA know what hes doing? Well more than most who post on here'

'OP is a troll. End of'

'The originator of this post needs to consider his position as an Argyle fan'

'Course he does. it's the football managers on PASOTI that don't know what they are doing.'

Oh dear.
And apparently it was the anti-Adams crowd who were supposed to be 'snarky'.
So why on earth wouldn't Phil want to come on and say 'I told you so' after the abuse he received?

That's some obsessive copy n pasting going on from a different thread there.

Looks like you were right after all, we've been relegated and he's been quite rightly sacked despite the relative high points his style and personality brought during his time here.

You told us so. Make the most of this moment I say.