Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

May 8, 2011
Forest of Dean Green":307i21z0 said:
plymouthboyuk":307i21z0 said:
Very interesting meeting, with Adams coming across very well, and being very candid.

I think protocol is, what’s said at these meetings, stays at the meeting.

Sorry if this teases anybody wanting the know what was said. I for one was surprised at a couple of his answers.

Is that really protocol? How can you be open with one group of fans and not with others? If that is a comms decision, it’s really daft and will just breed discontent. I want to know what he said to a group of fans, who have so special status over any other fan in my regard. He said it. He should own it

No, there isn’t a protocol.

Adams was very good as always he when he does a Q & A

Main bits of information he gave were:

New injury problem to a key player.
Players and management will get a pay cut should we get relegated, 20% and 30% respectively, so people who say players don’t care about the situation are wrong.
The team selected for Saturday could be based on how bad the pitch is with ‘flair’ players left out.
To replace the SWPL games friendlies will be organised against teams like Swansea, Bristol City.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
HC Green":26q7eeeu said:
Forest of Dean Green":26q7eeeu said:
plymouthboyuk":26q7eeeu said:
Very interesting meeting, with Adams coming across very well, and being very candid.

I think protocol is, what’s said at these meetings, stays at the meeting.

Sorry if this teases anybody wanting the know what was said. I for one was surprised at a couple of his answers.

Is that really protocol? How can you be open with one group of fans and not with others? If that is a comms decision, it’s really daft and will just breed discontent. I want to know what he said to a group of fans, who have so special status over any other fan in my regard. He said it. He should own it

No, there isn’t a protocol.

Adams was very good as always he when he does a Q & A

Main bits of information he gave were:

New injury problem to a key player.
Players and management will get a pay cut should we get relegated, 20% and 30% respectively, so people who say players don’t care about the situation are wrong.
The team selected for Saturday could be based on how bad the pitch is with ‘flair’ players left out.
To replace the SWPL games friendlies will be organised against teams like Swansea, Bristol City.

Thanks. Appreciated.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Thanks HC.

The salary cut is interesting. Glad the club had built that into contracts. A wise move.

Was there any indication of whether there were lessons learnt from poor starts to the last 2 seasons?

May 8, 2011
There were a number of questions about tactics, style of play and individual players but his answers were so detailed and lengthy that I doubt paraphrasing them would give a true or accurate representation of what was said.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Guiri Green":2dsgmhsl said:
JannerinCardiff":2dsgmhsl said:
Balham_Green":2dsgmhsl said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2dsgmhsl said:
IJN":2dsgmhsl said:
<Sigh>

A) Why is it that the people who say they would ask such and such a thing never attend.

B) The Seniors are a very friendly bunch who have seen most things before. They’re the polar opposite of ‘knee jerk’

Can’t some of you rabid keyboard types not understand that there are people who are pleasant, respectful and generally nice to fellow humans when they meet face to face?

I’m as angry as most in here, but I’d never want to show myself up by ranting and raving at such an event.

As lm a member l can answer your question

A). I work unsociable hours so basically a weekday afternoon is difficult to attend

B). I'm not a "knee jerk" person. My view of Adams has remained very consistent. I also tend to feel l am a nice person. If l meet Adams face to face l would shake his hand. If he asked me what l thought about any Argyle related l would be honest and tell him the same thing as l say on here.

However, l honestly feel he doesn't care what l or many other fans think. So what would be the point?

l think people get confused between being passionate and ranting & raving. When your passionate about something you do normally have those different emotions being displayed. However, as long as you don't lose control of yourself then l think passion is a good thing.

If l went l know Adams would be pleasant and socialable. Yet in four years he has been here l never really heard him taking responsibility for anything that has gone wrong. So why would he start now? Going would just be a frustrating afternoon because his opinion of the way he plays football is different to actually how we play it. He doesn't recognise this. Is it an ego thing? Is it an arrogance? Who knows, maybe it will be different side of Adams people will get to see. I hope so.

You know l rather he isn't managing our club. Yet l've never asked for him to be sacked. The reason, l was in the minority of fans who lost faith in him. Now l think after four seasons people's patience is running thin. I think that's very reasonable stance to have.

However, all this is only my opinion of how l see it and why personally it's better not for me to attend. He talks crap, even more than me :shock:

Surely working sociable hours would mean you cant attend? The time is set so that most working people can't attend.

I’d guess that a lot of Seniors might be retired, so an afternoon might suit all parties ..

Even if it means missing out on a Nap and Tipping Point.

Might get Tipping Point and Pointless if you go to Accrington. :sad:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ruben Lameiras received his Senior Greens Player of the Season award and thanked us. On behalf the team he assured us that they would all be fully committed to the next 2 games.
‘Key players’ doubtful are Letheren and Ladapo. No point in concealing when it was revealed to 200+ Senior Greens.
DA accepts full responsibility for playing matters this season and for the previous 3 seasons. He encouraged members to ask questions by saying “Come on, give it a go” when there was a brief pause in questioning.
Our playing budget was 5th lowest in our league last season per EFL. Current season not known yet.
Admitted that defence has not been compact enough and was particularly disappointed with conceding late goals recently against Bristol Rovers and Blackpool.
Also, concerned that, apart from Ladapo, Lameiras and Carey other midfielders had not contributed with goals. Joel Grant’s injury was a major blow as he was having a good season.
He explained attempts to resolve problems with Herald before the ban was decided necessary.
Following this meeting, I am not changing my pro Adams stance. I assume that MGM, rsp4 and oldage were not there to ask questions as I am sure that he would have been prepared to answer their questions frankly.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
If you don’t believe what he said that’s up to you. I am trying to update those who did not attend but you are one of those who I would expect to respond in that way.
Hopefully, others will appreciate the update.

May 1, 2011
He span you a yarn, you lapped it up and ad you said it kept you pro Adams. How does he even know the budget of other clubs for players?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
So you’re criticising him for “lapping it up” because he’s pro Adams, but you’re Adams Out and have just written it straight off as spin... bit hypocritical.

Oct 16, 2016
David Nine, thank you for your commentary from the meetings, I respect your opinion.

Come what may, IMO Adams has taken this club as far as he can and he is due replacement

May 1, 2011
Nobby":32whimfs said:
So you’re criticising him for “lapping it up” because he’s pro Adams, but you’re Adams Out and have just written it straight off as spin... bit hypocritical.

Yes as it's the same nonsense we have been hearing for ages now.

I'm more interested in the Roy Keane approach, I'm not interested in what he says but what he does and for quite a long time now what he's been doing is shambolic.

May 8, 2011
Bristol Rich":28581zon said:
davie nine":28581zon said:
If you don’t believe what he said that’s up to you. I am trying to update those who did not attend but you are one of those who I would expect to respond in that way.
Hopefully, others will appreciate the update.

He span you a yarn, you lapped it up and ad you said it kept you pro Adams. How does he even know the budget of other clubs for players?

According to the answer Adams gave, the EFL circulate the information to the Clubs, this seasons data hasn’t been circulated.

May 1, 2011
And all those Chairmen made those funds available for transfers?

We're 5th from bottom for now and now he apparently has the 5th lowest budget so that really proves everything.

May 16, 2016
Bristol Rich":gl367otq said:
That is a shock that you hung off Adam's every word and believe it without question.

This doesn't make sense.

So amongst the 'spin' he lied about accepting responsibility for the football this Season and the 3 others he's been here. There's no reduction in wages for him and the players if we get relegated and he didnt more or less say the defence weren't as good they should be ?

If he was spinning stuff, then by your logic, his comments really suggest that everything is rosy at HP. The complete opposite of what you wanted to hear.