Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

May 1, 2011
HC Green":1usrhbft said:
L G":1usrhbft said:
They never get a chance to speak to him Clive because you're always talking to him and they can't get a word in edgeways! :funny:

Well since the accident in January that wrecked my knee, they’ve have had plenty of opportunities to take my place as he has only seen me a couple of times, although one was to offer help with my rehabilitation.

If Adams has showed you personal care and consideration then that is all to his credit. However the fact that you have a personal relationship with him discredits your ability to view him objectively.

I don't know Adams personally and nor him me, that's perfectly ok as he is paid professional doing a job and I am only a supporter. My objections to him are not personal, my objection is that after 4 years at the helm we could well be in roughly the same position he found us. I may think he appears dour and arrogant, however were we doing ok that wouldn't really matter.

Aug 12, 2018
I would ask him if he will resign if we get relegated :banghead:

Lose at Accy combined Wimbledon and Scunthorpe get home wins then we are back in the basement for the 7th season out the last 10 :furious: :furious:

Mar 18, 2014
We can't be relegated this Saturday. Go and learn some basic maths.

If the above happens we would have 47 points Dons and Scunny would have 49.

Alternatively, if we win and Dons and Scunny lose, then we are safe. (If only..............)

Now, wouldn't that pi$$ on a lot of bonfires!!

Mar 23, 2008
Vampires11":3nvk0wsa said:
We can't be relegated this Saturday. Go and learn some basic maths.

If the above happens we would have 47 points Dons and Scunny would have 49.

Alternatively, if we win and Dons and Scunny lose, then we are safe. (If only..............)

Now, wouldn't that pi$$ on a lot of bonfires!!
Not really, as no Argyle fan wants to get relegated and only just avoiding relegation is hardly anything to shout about for Adams supporters.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Some might desire relegation, to bring the cost of a ticket down. Or have more space to sit. Or to see more youths given a chance. Or for the chance of there then being a new manager.

Contrary to the SKY generation's programming, for the vast majority of attendees, I suspect the league standings are as relevant as the present ordering of the FTSE 100.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
Very interesting meeting, with Adams coming across very well, and being very candid.

I think protocol is, what’s said at these meetings, stays at the meeting.

Sorry if this teases anybody wanting the know what was said. I for one was surprised at a couple of his answers.

Jul 13, 2006
plymouthboyuk":1t40iwb9 said:
Very interesting meeting, with Adams coming across very well, and being very candid.

Sorry if this teases anybody wanting the know what was said. I for one was surprised at a couple of his answers.
You tease!
Give us a clue.

Jun 2, 2016
Why would anyone think what was said is private?
It's not a board meeting.
I'm intrigued someone would think Adams said anything remotely interesting so.. Pray tell

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
plymouthboyuk":1il3666l said:

Is that really protocol? How can you be open with one group of fans and not with others? If that is a comms decision, it’s really daft and will just breed discontent. I want to know what he said to a group of fans, who have so special status over any other fan in my regard. He said it. He should own it

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
IJN":1kyfkdy8 said:
It's up to the people who attend I would imagine.

Indeed. So it would be nice to hear from them. I don’t think now is the time for smoke and mirrors and those in the know and those who are not. We are all in this together, right?