Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

Sep 19, 2015
After the loss to Oxford in October, Adams cam out and said that we should judge him after 46 games. Well we are 44 games in and I think alot of people have made there own judgement already. If after the 46th game we are in the botton four teams in the division, will you do the honourable thing and walk away from the club!

Mar 12, 2011
Plymouth
I would think you will be restricted to the type of questions we can ask, like not talking about team selection, or team tactics , but just keeping it nice and proper.

We shall see.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
<Sigh>

A) Why is it that the people who say they would ask such and such a thing never attend.

B) The Seniors are a very friendly bunch who have seen most things before. Theyā€™re the polar opposite of ā€˜knee jerkā€™

Canā€™t some of you rabid keyboard types not understand that there are people who are pleasant, respectful and generally nice to fellow humans when they meet face to face?

Iā€™m as angry as most in here, but Iā€™d never want to show myself up by ranting and raving at such an event.

up the line

šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
happydays69":1lzxhb18 said:
I would think you will be restricted to the type of questions we can ask, like not talking about team selection, or team tactics , but just keeping it nice and proper.

We shall see.

Exactly. Don't forget the absolute roasting he gave a reporter for asking a reasonable question about tactics:
'Get that in your brain'
I mean I wouldn't necessarily want to have a 'reasonable' debate with Mr Adams who has apparently been pretty handy with his fists in changing rooms in the past and gives tongue lashings to journos when they ask sensible questions.

Sep 19, 2015
IJN":2tfk6ah3 said:
<Sigh>

A) Why is it that the people who say they would ask such and such a thing never attend.

B) The Seniors are a very friendly bunch who have seen most things before. Theyā€™re the polar opposite of ā€˜knee jerkā€™

Canā€™t some of you rabid keyboard types not understand that there are people who are pleasant, respectful and generally nice to fellow humans when they meet face to face?

Iā€™m as angry as most in here, but Iā€™d never want to show myself up by ranting and raving at such an event.

So where and when is probably the best platform to discuss these things in person with Derek Adams? If the Senior Greens are going to sit there, share a cake and blow smoke up his jacksy and completely diminish any of the pressing issues surrounding the club then its a pretty pointless of even asking DA any questions at all.

Oct 16, 2016
I think itā€™s far more important how any questions are asked, a sensible and respectable discussion is best. Tbf Degsy seems the type of chap that could cause an argument in an empty room albeit I only ever really see him on the sideline...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":1p9emwhh said:
Can someone also ask him about the promise he made at an early Fans Forum that he would "look after our club".

Having a new roof on the Grandstand and a lick of paint on the rest of it is sure to feature as is the bad luck of all those injury-prone journeyman constantly being injured; nobody could have seen that happening.

1) no matter how upset any of us are, Adams' failings or otherwise aren't due to any lack of care or effort. Surely you can see that?

2) 'lick of paint' :lol: :facepalm:

May 16, 2016
I'd love to go to this one but unfortunately can't make it. Mainly because I'm not a Member or actually anywhere near Plymouth but I want to know where the Mickey Evans money went and why it's all gone quiet about the Tradium.

If you do go, good luck, take care. I've heard he's a Kung Fu Ninja Master with a short fuse and scant regard for anyone who asks him anything.

Perhaps some of our Ex Forces supporters could sneak in tonight or early tomorrow and leave a load of Post-it Note questions on the Table.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Dec 30, 2004
There won't be any difficult questions....this is tea and biscuits....

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
oddball":djskhwjn said:

That was (almost) my point Alan.

As for Plymouth Casual, I suggest you go up to Home Park, any day, have a word with Derek and ask if there's some time in the day you and he could have a chat He'd go for that.

David Friio's mate

āœ… Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
oddball":zh9pxodp said:

I've been to a couple of these things and that's what they tend to be. People sucking up and telling Adams how lucky we are to have him.

Fair play to Adams for doing this though, I suspect plenty in his position wouldn't.

Forest of Dean Green

āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Iā€™d like to know if he shares his Chairmanā€™s view that it has been a disappointing season. If he does, then why does he think it has been below par and what does he personally need to learn from that. If he doesnā€™t agree then has he had that discussion with his chairman (that they disagree), and why does he think we are at par when the owner doesnā€™t? Whatā€™s the difference of opinion?

If he thinks the performance is at par then why is that the case - what is the reason why that is our expected positipn - and how would he propose to change it, given it is clear that his budget will remain similar, driven as it is by revenue and no more (and revenues wonā€™t change until the grandstand starts churning cash)

If he cites injuries to key players, what is the reason for that? Is it a recruitment mistake (not recruiting players with enough games in them and with a history of being knobbled), or a training issue (are we creating the problem)? I donā€™t accept bad luck as an excuse.

If the excuse is key players not reaching their form, then why? Getting optional performance from individuals is the job of the manager and the back room staff. Itā€™s why they are there. So why is that the case? Is it a tactical issue (the system) or have players peaked? If the latter, shouldnā€™t we have planned for that - given the age of some players.

Does he think his system/formation is working? Does he agree that we we failed to build a firm foundation at the back and are suffering? Why didnā€™t he fix it?

Why did so few players move in and out in January?

What does his performance analyst do? When performance has been so poor, how has this aided or not his decision making and optimised performance?

Assuming he agrees with the owner, are he and his team prepared to put their hands up and say ā€˜we got this wrongā€™ and clarify, with detail, on what basis we should assume that things will be different next season and why we should trust them.

Can someone also ask that he takes it on the chin and stops being so defensive and chippy with the press and in his analysis after games. If he wants support from fans, he gets it through honesty not aggression.

metroace

ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
davie nine":3use14il said:
oddball":3use14il said:
Itā€™s tea, coffee and a doughnut or a beer if you are not driving.

Not forgetting the buffet this time. You need very sharp elbows at this one to stop people jumping the pasty queue!!

May 16, 2016
oddball":2kufbjna said:

Yes, and I bet he's ordered too many Biscuits and there'll be some left on the Plate and never touched. Probably the rubbish cheap ones nobody else bought, or just a box of broken biscuits.