Derek Adams at Senior Greens | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams at Senior Greens

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Forest of Dean Green":37sjqigo said:
I’d like to know if he shares his Chairman’s view that it has been a disappointing season. If he does, then why does he think it has been below par and what does he personally need to learn from that. If he doesn’t agree then has he had that discussion with his chairman (that they disagree), and why does he think we are at par when the owner doesn’t? What’s the difference of opinion?

If he thinks the performance is at par then why is that the case - what is the reason why that is our expected positipn - and how would he propose to change it, given it is clear that his budget will remain similar, driven as it is by revenue and no more (and revenues won’t change until the grandstand starts churning cash)

If he cites injuries to key players, what is the reason for that? Is it a recruitment mistake (not recruiting players with enough games in them and with a history of being knobbled), or a training issue (are we creating the problem)? I don’t accept bad luck as an excuse.

If the excuse is key players not reaching their form, then why? Getting optional performance from individuals is the job of the manager and the back room staff. It’s why they are there. So why is that the case? Is it a tactical issue (the system) or have players peaked? If the latter, shouldn’t we have planned for that - given the age of some players.

Does he think his system/formation is working? Does he agree that we we failed to build a firm foundation at the back and are suffering? Why didn’t he fix it?

Why did so few players move in and out in January?

What does his performance analyst do? When performance has been so poor, how has this aided or not his decision making and optimised performance?

Assuming he agrees with the owner, are he and his team prepared to put their hands up and say ‘we got this wrong’ and clarify, with detail, on what basis we should assume that things will be different next season and why we should trust them.

Can someone also ask that he takes it on the chin and stops being so defensive and chippy with the press and in his analysis after games. If he wants support from fans, he gets it through honesty not aggression.

You make some valid points FoDG..

Mar 14, 2009
IJN":2ohaznmg said:
<Sigh>

A) Why is it that the people who say they would ask such and such a thing never attend.

B) The Seniors are a very friendly bunch who have seen most things before. They’re the polar opposite of ‘knee jerk’

Can’t some of you rabid keyboard types not understand that there are people who are pleasant, respectful and generally nice to fellow humans when they meet face to face?

I’m as angry as most in here, but I’d never want to show myself up by ranting and raving at such an event.

As lm a member l can answer your question

A). I work unsociable hours so basically a weekday afternoon is difficult to attend

B). I'm not a "knee jerk" person. My view of Adams has remained very consistent. I also tend to feel l am a nice person. If l meet Adams face to face l would shake his hand. If he asked me what l thought about any Argyle related l would be honest and tell him the same thing as l say on here.

However, l honestly feel he doesn't care what l or many other fans think. So what would be the point?

l think people get confused between being passionate and ranting & raving. When your passionate about something you do normally have those different emotions being displayed. However, as long as you don't lose control of yourself then l think passion is a good thing.

If l went l know Adams would be pleasant and socialable. Yet in four years he has been here l never really heard him taking responsibility for anything that has gone wrong. So why would he start now? Going would just be a frustrating afternoon because his opinion of the way he plays football is different to actually how we play it. He doesn't recognise this. Is it an ego thing? Is it an arrogance? Who knows, maybe it will be different side of Adams people will get to see. I hope so.

You know l rather he isn't managing our club. Yet l've never asked for him to be sacked. The reason, l was in the minority of fans who lost faith in him. Now l think after four seasons people's patience is running thin. I think that's very reasonable stance to have.

However, all this is only my opinion of how l see it and why personally it's better not for me to attend. He talks crap, even more than me :shock:

May 8, 2011
What I find odd reading this thread is that although Adams and his management team are the most accessible and approachable management team that I’ve known at Argyle his current biggest critics don’t seem to have ever spoken to him or Wotton, Nancekivell or Brewster.
Says a lot really if they have all these questions for him.

May 8, 2011
Well since the accident in January that wrecked my knee, they’ve have had plenty of opportunities to take my place as he has only seen me a couple of times, although one was to offer help with my rehabilitation.

Jul 12, 2016
I have attended fan 's forums with Adams as the guest speaker and he can certainly talk the talk. He is confident in his own ability,thinks he is better than he is and his management style in based on the theory of the game.Expect a load of stats and excuses to deflect any criticism.

May 16, 2016
oldage":3n71bbtu said:
I have attended fan 's forums with Adams as the guest speaker and he can certainly talk the talk. He is confident in his own ability,thinks he is better than he is and his management style in based on the theory of the game.Expect a load of stats and excuses to deflect any criticism.

In other words, he posseses the standard requirements for most Football Manager jobs.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":5mafhgv7 said:
IJN":5mafhgv7 said:
<Sigh>

A) Why is it that the people who say they would ask such and such a thing never attend.

B) The Seniors are a very friendly bunch who have seen most things before. They’re the polar opposite of ‘knee jerk’

Can’t some of you rabid keyboard types not understand that there are people who are pleasant, respectful and generally nice to fellow humans when they meet face to face?

I’m as angry as most in here, but I’d never want to show myself up by ranting and raving at such an event.

A). I work unsociable hours so basically a weekday afternoon is difficult to attend

B). I'm not a "knee jerk" person. My view of Adams has remained very consistent. I also tend to feel l am a nice person. If l meet Adams face to face l would shake his hand. If he asked me what l thought about any Argyle related l would be honest and tell him the same thing as l say on here.

However, l honestly feel he doesn't care what l or many other fans think. So what would be the point?

l think people get confused between being passionate and ranting & raving. When your passionate about something you do normally have those different emotions being displayed. However, as long as you don't lose control of yourself then l think passion is a good thing.

If l went l know Adams would be pleasant and socialable. Yet in four years he has been here l never really heard him taking responsibility for anything that has gone wrong. So why would he start now? Going would just be a frustrating afternoon because his opinion of the way he plays football is different to actually how we play it. He doesn't recognise this. Is it an ego thing? Is it an arrogance? Who knows, maybe it will be different side of Adams people will get to see. I hope so.

You know l rather he isn't managing our club. Yet l've never asked for him to be sacked. The reason, l was in the minority of fans who lost faith in him. Now l think after four seasons people's patience is running thin. I think that's very reasonable stance to have.

However, all this is only my opinion of how l see it and why personally it's better not for me to attend. He talks crap, even more than me :shock:

Surely working sociable hours would mean you cant attend? The time is set so that most working people can't attend.

Jul 12, 2016
Guiri Green":1ksrf4d2 said:
oldage":1ksrf4d2 said:

In other words, he posseses the standard requirements for most Football Manager jobs.
Self praise is no recommendation.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Balham_Green":2b7un7o9 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2b7un7o9 said:
IJN":2b7un7o9 said:
<Sigh>

Surely working sociable hours would mean you cant attend? The time is set so that most working people can't attend.

I’d guess that a lot of Seniors might be retired, so an afternoon might suit all parties ..

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
And the name is just a name. There is no age limit for joining. A healthy number of pre-retirement members attend most sessions.

May 16, 2016
JannerinCardiff":ko4z1vt6 said:
Balham_Green":ko4z1vt6 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":ko4z1vt6 said:
IJN":ko4z1vt6 said:
<Sigh>

I’d guess that a lot of Seniors might be retired, so an afternoon might suit all parties ..

Even if it means missing out on a Nap and Tipping Point.