Danny Mayor. | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Sep 13, 2003
Balham_Green":1l8qn5i8 said:
Will become a big asset am sure. But I think he could be more part of the problem than the solution at the moment. Everything slows down when it gets to him and little end product. Doesnt help that he is marked by 2 or 3 players.

He certainly wasn't marked by 2 or 3 Cambridge players yesterday BH, that would have been a good thing in my opinion and created much more space for Telford and Moore.

Apr 9, 2011
Dont get this " teams have sussed him out at all" it doesnt matter how tight you mark a really really good player they are unplayable when on form especially in this dogs breakfast of a league! You only have to look at Carey & lamieras when on form they were untouchable.
IMO two things about Mayor ,big mistake on Lowes part to "big" him up so much when he came here secondly he was playing with much better players last season at Bury

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":2dk8gxtt said:
Dont get this " teams have sussed him out at all" it doesnt matter how tight you mark a really really good player they are unplayable when on form especially in this dogs breakfast of a league! You only have to look at Carey & lamieras when on form they were untouchable.
IMO two things about Mayor ,big mistake on Lowes part to "big" him up so much when he came here secondly he was playing with much better players last season at Bury

Its not that difficult 'to get'. If he is closely marked and outnumbered its bound to be much more difficult both with the ball and getting it in the first place. Lameiras and Carey were always much better when in tandem a point you seem to have overlooked.

Apr 9, 2011
Lamieras & Carey were / are more gifted players & more difficult to man mark. You have also overlooked my other point i.e. he was playing in arguably a better team last season

Oct 28, 2011
Nottingham
It's not easy to compare the three players but for me Mayor is just ahead of Lameiras in terms of overall average effectiveness to the team at the moment, given that Lameiras spent quite a lot of time going in and out of the team. Mayor does give hints that there could be more to come every now and again. Having said that, I feel like he'd get a lot more assists if we had more a slightly more effective strike-force.

I'd also like to see refs giving lower league flair players more protection. I suspect that a number of refs have been promoted to the professional leagues early this season due to VAR needing more officials, with some teams possibly taking advantage of this situation. If this is true I hope that the league is trying to get on top of this.

Jan 27, 2012
I'm not a football expert- but it looks to me like yesterday's goal might have been Mayor's fault. Mind you, he's not there to defend.

I think Cooper needs to be in the team. Hopefully there is a a way of getting Mayor into the same formation.

Lowe was plain stupid by publicly saying that Mayor is better than Carey. It's a bit disrespectful to Carey and it puts Mayor under unnecessary pressure. I wonder whether Lowe had even seen Carey play before he said that ?

Jul 12, 2016
Based on performances to date Mayor is nowhere near as good as Lameiras and Carey . In all honesty none of the ex Bury players have been that good considering that they were already familiar with Lowe's tactics. Time to face facts. We are where we deserve to be having found our level.
We are an half decent division 2 team but nothing more.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I disagree with that in do much Fadz has been wonderful in my opinion.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
It’s worth remembering that last year he had players like Adams and Maynard around him, they would attract a lot of attention from defenders and create space for Mayor, he was one of 3 or 4 game changers at Bury, we are not currently blessed with those riches.

I think he’s a decent player and on his day as good as anything I’ve seen this season in L2 but he’s hit and cold, he’s not in the same league at GC or RL but would add the word yet, he glides at great speed with Tye ball but as others have said I wish he would try his luck more with an effort on goal.

I know he’s come out and said he loves it here, whilst that may be true, I’m not sure his other half does, this could and would affect any one of us as well.

Jul 12, 2016
IJN":1j1ryrv7 said:
I disagree with that in do much Fadz has been wonderful in my opinion.
He is the best of them but in general the players Lowe brought with him are no great shake(r)s !

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
comparing GC10 and Ruben to DM is like comparing apples and oranges and of course the former bear no responsibility for our subsequent relegation. :twisted:

Feb 27, 2010
Flatters to Deceive sums up his Argyle career to date, he also seems to want to impress with long mazy runs and often ignores the simple and effective pass, I do want him to succeed at Argyle, but, Lowe put a monkey on his back with his better than Carey/Lameiras quote and he thinks the way to prove it is to hold onto the ball. If he stays I think he will grow into the player he could be, we will have to be patient.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Yet the stats say he is the most creative player in the league. Not his fault that Joel Grant and Byron Moore couldn’t hit a barn door from 10 yards. Admittedly we’ve only seen one beauty, which he curled into the top corner against Salford.

However, he still creates a number of chances, it’s just our strikers are crap.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
LeonTheGreen":2hfusr2v said:
Yet the stats say he is the most creative player in the league. Not his fault that Joel Grant and Byron Moore couldn’t hit a barn door from 10 yards. Admittedly we’ve only seen one beauty, which he curled into the top corner against Salford.

I don't think we've really got any "strikers", mostly wide players - square pegs in round holes.

What we need is the "fox in the box" type of player. I'm not suggesting we spend lots of money but there must be players around who could at least hit the target occasionally.

When the manager was appointed much was made of his contacts, maybe one of them has a player who fits the bill we could borrow when the window opens.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
David_Fisher":2lqmon60 said:
LeonTheGreen":2lqmon60 said:

I don't think we've really got any "strikers", mostly wide players - square pegs in round holes.

What we need is the "fox in the box" type of player. I'm not suggesting we spend lots of money but there must be players around who could at least hit the target occasionally.

When the manager was appointed much was made of his contacts, maybe one of them has a player who fits the bill we could borrow when the window opens.

It’s a pity that we didn’t sign Eoin Doyle in the summer, or that Nicky Maynard didn’t want to relocate.

Agree with Moore and Joel Grant being wide players. We have 3 out and out strikers, two have been crocked all season and the other is a bog standard L2 trier.

I’m envious of Mansfield’s forward line, Nicky Maynard, Andy Cook and Danny Rose. With the likes of Mayor and Cooper supplying them in this team, I bet we’d be top 3.