Danny Mayor. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
He needs to be played behind the lone striker in a free role.

Having 2 strikers when we struggle to link up play is wasteful and we aren’t good enough

Oct 31, 2015
arrythewurzel":1k8pc7pv said:
Looks like a player who is home sick to me.

This for me as well. No where near Carey I'm afraid at the moment and I was giving him the benefit of the doubt early season

Saying that there is a superb football player in there but his head is not right. Lower paid players are doing more than him at the moment but I am willing him to get his head straight and start doing what he did at Bury :think:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Mayor has said on a number of occasions that he loves life in Plymouth, people are drawing conclusions based on nothing. Superb player, get behind him.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
I think he tries too much, in the sense that he keeps possession for too long, drops a shoulder and tries to get past an oppossing player - by which time there are 2 or 3 opposing players around him - and he looses possession.

He would be better to pass the ball earlier, move, get in space and then get the ball back and do his thing.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think you're right Pete, that is exactly what he's doing.

Feb 10, 2019
I think the guy is trying to live up to his reputation and tries too hard, if that is possible. Sometimes I would like him to make a quicker, simpler pass. He tends to take a touch too much at times. I think he is desperate to justify his reputation and give us something to shout about. He is a huge talent at this level but it is not showing at the moment.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Quality player, unfortunately compared with Carey and Lameiras ( who also came in for criticism from fans and management for perceived lack of effort). We would be poorer without him and if he had a 20 goal a season striker to link with, like he had with Maynard last season, maybe we would see the best of him.
Needs our support.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Tugboat":3lmuv8p6 said:
Based on what we’ve seen of him this season so far... complete waste of a wage. He’s on top wages and he’s not more influential than the guy in the lowest.

I admit he’s not been on fire, but your comment is completely ridiculous. He’s so lacking in influence that most opposition sides have two or three players around him and he is probably the most fouled player in L2. Waste of a wage? Utterly disrespectful of a really good player and totally over the top comment. :banghead:

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Cobi Budge":2riurl2j said:
An excellent player, I wish he’d let fly a bit more, but a very dangerous player and an asset. Seems to be a scapegoat for some, but that’s typical of Argyle fans, the best players tend to get the blame which is such an odd way of looking at things but is sadly the case.

Are you serious Cobi?
Today he was dog end awful.
On paper he's should be our best player, but on today's performance and others I have seen this season, definitely not.
I think it's a confidence thing, or at least I hope it is....
To me it looks like a lack of belief in his own ability.

You don't have to pamper to the Ryan Lowe propaganda you know.

Jul 19, 2018
London
argyle.life
Player Ratings: Cambridge 1 Plymouth Argyle 0

Danny Mayor - 4

One of Mayor's biggest problems is that he is far too selfless. He needs to stop trying to create something for his teammates all the time and just start shooting for himself. For a player who has more touches in the final third of the pitch than any of his teammates, he only averages a shot a game. He needs to increase this.

Oct 5, 2013
Tugboat":ysungccu said:
He needs to be played behind the lone striker in a free role.

Having 2 strikers when we struggle to link up play is wasteful and we aren’t good enough

Absolutely right about where he should be played. Opposing teams have clearly now sussed out how to play him in his current role.

He needs to develop his left foot, which is practically non-existent currently, if he’s going to always be put to play on the left side. Always comes inside!

Come on RL, either change how you play him or work on his left foot with him!