Danny Mayor. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor.

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
I don't know, maybe we are expecting too much of Mayor. The important thing is, he is an important part of a, currently, reasonably successful side. No.10 doesn't HAVE to be a Pele or a Maradona.
If we are winning without him pulling the strings too much at the moment, surely that's a good thing. If he lives up to the hype later, we, as a team, will be even better.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Lousy_Pint":1cfwetzd said:
I don't know, maybe we are expecting too much of Mayor. The important thing is, he is an important part of a, currently, reasonably successful side. No.10 doesn't HAVE to be a Pele or a Maradona.
If we are winning without him pulling the strings too much at the moment, surely that's a good thing. If he lives up to the hype later, we, as a team, will be even better.

How would we be doing if he wasn't there? Being double-marked? Not only double-marked but being 11-watched (i.e. the whole opposition is keeping an eye on him wondering what he'll do when he gets the ball).
He controls the ball well, turns magnificently and ghosts past opposition players. Who (really) knows what would happen if he didn't pass that ball? beat that man? make that run? Nobody knows.
He is in our best 10 outfield players so should start.
Like Forest of Dean said: One day he will explode, play a blinder, I just hope it is on Sunday! COYG! :scarf:

Sep 6, 2006
He is seriously handicapped by not having decent strikers in front of him. He could put a great ball in but who would get on the end of it? He cant do it all himself.

Apr 4, 2015
just an idea so dont shoot me down. How would people feel if we sold mayor for say 3/400k, got Carey back on loan til the end of the season and bought Doyle who I imagine is on roughly the same as mayor is ? or swapped mayor for Doyle ?

I personally think Mayor is a really good player but he aint happy down here and we could and possibly should cash in and get 2 top players in.

Tin hat on.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
freddie2greens":9mw3ty8w said:
just an idea so dont shoot me down. How would people feel if we sold mayor for say 3/400k, got Carey back on loan til the end of the season and bought Doyle who I imagine is on roughly the same as mayor is ? or swapped mayor for Doyle ?

I personally think Mayor is a really good player but he aint happy down here and we could and possibly should cash in and get 2 top players in.

Tin hat on.

Oh, you spoke to him and he said he wasn't happy here? When was that? :think:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
No, no, and no again to the above suggestion. My tuppence worth as follows...

1) he may not have set the world alight, but if he hadn’t arrived with such fanfare I think we’d be relatively happy as he’s consistently putting in 7/10 performances and being a big part of a team that is doing very well and getting better. He’s still a free transfer signing in League 2, ultimately.

2) even when he isn’t playing well, he’s creating space for others by being double marked as the League 2 player of the year.

3) I don’t see any indication that he’s not happy, if you watch goal celebrations and final whistles he always seems the MOST happy and passionate.

Sep 6, 2006
freddie2greens":3jp3tcl1 said:

Tin hat on.

Good idea. Who do you suggest? I think Ronaldo would come. Not sure he d get in team though. Past his best. Messi may be harder to persuade. You do have to read a load of rubbish on here.

Dec 17, 2005
Plymouth
What a load of tosh being said on here. Danny Mayor told a Senior Greens meeting recently, how much he, and his family are loving it down here. He has even moved his family down here. I just wish Some posters would stick to facts, and not make things up.

Mar 8, 2016
freddie2greens":2a2rdgak said:

Tin hat on.

Do you really believe this is an option? Doyle isn’t coming, neither is Carey and we’re certainly not going to sell mayor. We’d be mad too. I fo worry about our fans sometimes.

Apr 4, 2015
oldage":233hlmjr said:
Who says "he ain't happy down here"?

me, and thats my opinion, he might well be happier with a decent striker but we haven't got one atm. he's a good player like I said but he aint no Carey imo and Id bet good money he won't sign up for us again when his contract is up so lets get some good money for him and use it to guarantee promotion.

bg.
doyle and Carey or can't you read.