Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Aug 5, 2016
Take Mayor out of the team and stick a bog standard left sided centre midfielder there next season, and we'll see how much we miss Mayor.

Jul 12, 2016
Knibbsworth":3qy0iu0q said:
Take Mayor out of the team and stick a bog standard left sided centre midfielder there next season, and we'll see how much we miss Mayor.
The majority of division 1 teams did remarkably well without Mayor in their team last season.Where are all these clubs queuing up to sign one of the best players in the division?
How come the managers waxing lyrical about Mayor don't appear to be interested in signing him?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
oldage":3ak8zz3z said:
Knibbsworth":3ak8zz3z said:
The majority of division 1 teams did remarkably well without Mayor in their team last season.Where are all these clubs queuing up to sign one of the best players in the division?
How come the managers waxing lyrical about Mayor don't appear to be interested in signing him?

How can the majority of teams do remarkably well?
Some of them would be below average. :think:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Knibbsworth":37jqohlj said:

I’ll wager that big standard left sided midfielder won’t be double marked and won’t have opposition managers saying he’s our danger man.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
oldage":3o85z6n4 said:
Knibbsworth":3o85z6n4 said:
They know it's pointless as he's staying here.

Jul 12, 2016
Pogleswoody":3ktqiuyt said:
oldage":3ktqiuyt said:
Knibbsworth":3ktqiuyt said:

17 teams finished above us so I would call that a majority

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
As he has yet to sign back on, how do you know, Old Age, that he has not received other offers ?

You never know what is going on behind the scenes. Players often don't commit until they are sure that they aren't going to get a better offer somewhere else that suits them or they can negotiate some extra on top of whatever they have been offered to stay. Some may think that's a mercenary approach but football careers are short and uncertain. Danny Mayor is a very good player but as we saw last season he needs good players around him too.

Dec 30, 2020
Dorset Pilgrim":2mn55pcx said:
As he has yet to sign back on, how do you know, Old Age, that he has not received other offers ?

You never know what is going on behind the scenes. Players often don't commit until they are sure that they aren't going to get a better offer somewhere else that suits them or they can negotiate some extra on top of whatever they have been offered to stay. Some may think that's a mercenary approach but football careers are short and uncertain. Danny Mayor is a very good player but as we saw last season he needs good players around him too.

If he had no other offers on the table, surely he'd be more likely to have signed by now in order to secure himself a wage next season. The fact he has't signed is suggestive that he's got a few options and is currently weighing them up

Oct 17, 2011
Plymouth
There is normally very little happening re players signing new contracts before the end of June/early July for many reasons.

Feb 8, 2005
Contracts usually run out at the end of JUNE.

We should be seeing more signings nearer the end of the month, as the players out of contract would not get paid unless they found a club by then.

You can't blame them for waiting until then to decide their future.

Now, where will I go? Plymouth, where there will be a lot of travelling, or somewhere closer to home, where I don't have to uproot the family?

As always they will be deciding between wages and convenience, especially the more experienced players who have been there, done it and got the shirt.

Patience, my friends, will be a virtue in these circumstances.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":br52r3zc said:
Pogleswoody":br52r3zc said:
oldage":br52r3zc said:
Knibbsworth":br52r3zc said:

17 teams finished above us so I would call that a majority

You're essentially suggesting that players who finish in teams towards the bottom of the league aren't good enough to play for better teams because they did just fine without them. You must know that's absolute rubbish?

We get it, you don't rate Mayor, which is fine, but you are just spouting nonsense at this point.

Mar 21, 2013
Pogleswoody":35clqf76 said:
oldage":35clqf76 said:
Knibbsworth":35clqf76 said:

He should ask the fans of Portsmouth/Charlton/Ipswich/Sunderland whether they think they’ve done “remarkably well”?! Another season in league one for them all. Just more of the same obsessive rubbish from him…

Jun 20, 2011
In my opinion Mayor is one of those players that can cause issues against teams just by being on the pitch. I’d rather he was in the squad than not in it. So I would like to see him sign on for longer but time will tell.