Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 18 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Pogleswoody":2pjmwtr8 said:
oldage":2pjmwtr8 said:
Knibbsworth":2pjmwtr8 said:
Take Mayor out of the team and stick a bog standard left sided centre midfielder there next season, and we'll see how much we miss Mayor.
The majority of division 1 teams did remarkably well without Mayor in their team last season.Where are all these clubs queuing up to sign one of the best players in the division?
How come the managers waxing lyrical about Mayor don't appear to be interested in signing him?

How can the majority of teams do remarkably well?
Some of them would be below average. :think:

Statistics Pogles.
I once gave evidence at an employment tribunal where we had to point out that judging by annual appraisals in our organisation, about 70% of staff were in the top 10% of performers. Work that one out. :lol:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Nobby":25xyd4tm said:
oldage":25xyd4tm said:
Pogleswoody":25xyd4tm said:
oldage":25xyd4tm said:
Knibbsworth":25xyd4tm said:
Take Mayor out of the team and stick a bog standard left sided centre midfielder there next season, and we'll see how much we miss Mayor.
The majority of division 1 teams did remarkably well without Mayor in their team last season.Where are all these clubs queuing up to sign one of the best players in the division?
How come the managers waxing lyrical about Mayor don't appear to be interested in signing him?

17 teams finished above us so I would call that a majority

You're essentially suggesting that players who finish in teams towards the bottom of the league aren't good enough to play for better teams because they did just fine without them. You must know that's absolute rubbish?

We get it, you don't rate Mayor, which is fine, but you are just spouting nonsense at this point.

At this point???

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Devongreenowl":16nh20k8 said:
Pogleswoody":16nh20k8 said:
oldage":16nh20k8 said:
Knibbsworth":16nh20k8 said:

Statistics Pogles.
I once gave evidence at an employment tribunal where we had to point out that judging by annual appraisals in our organisation, about 70% of staff were in the top 10% of performers. Work that one out. :lol:

So he is now saying that 17 teams that finished above Argyle did remarkably well.
So surely that means that Argyle did well (at the very least)? :crazy:

Jul 12, 2016
Nobby":1pqa7tii said:
oldage":1pqa7tii said:
Pogleswoody":1pqa7tii said:
oldage":1pqa7tii said:
Knibbsworth":1pqa7tii said:

17 teams finished above us so I would call that a majority

You're essentially suggesting that players who finish in teams towards the bottom of the league aren't good enough to play for better teams because they did just fine without them. You must know that's absolute rubbish?

We get it, you don't rate Mayor, which is fine, but you are just spouting nonsense at this point.
Let me try to clarify.Some fans think Mayor is irreplaceable.My point is that the 17 teams above us managed without him so there are alternative players for his position

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
jimsing":2p6bxij3 said:
Contracts usually run out at the end of JUNE.

We should be seeing more signings nearer the end of the month, as the players out of contract would not get paid unless they found a club by then.

You can't blame them for waiting until then to decide their future.

Now, where will I go? Plymouth, where there will be a lot of travelling, or somewhere closer to home, where I don't have to uproot the family?

As always they will be deciding between wages and convenience, especially the more experienced players who have been there, done it and got the shirt.

Patience, my friends, will be a virtue in these circumstances.

Given that Danny Mayor apparently lives in Devon then it would be hard to find a decent football team that might come in for him that is 'closer to home'!

Everyone seems to assume that just because he was born and brought up in the northwest and has played for clubs up that way previously that area is necessarily his preferred choice of living location now. It's entirely possible that having sampled the somewhat slower pace of life down here he finds it suits him. He seems like someone who likes to be completely out of the limelight - a very private individual - perhaps it is easier for him to be like that down here. Perhaps he loves to keep animals, grow vegetables and garden and he has a little small holding somewhere out of the way that completely suits his needs. Perhaps he has discovered surfing as a way of switching off in his time off and values good access to the beaches of north Cornwall. I have absolutely no idea, but any of the above (or similar MIGHT be true).

Any 'delay' in him re-signing might simply be because there is some negotiation about the terms of his new contract - maybe he likes it so much down here that he wants a longer contract than what was offered.

its so easy to assume that all footballers are the same. Danny Mayor strikes me very much as one who might be a bit different from most.

May 8, 2011
The Doctor":rdhfik1u said:
jimsing":rdhfik1u said:
Contracts usually run out at the end of JUNE.

We should be seeing more signings nearer the end of the month, as the players out of contract would not get paid unless they found a club by then.

You can't blame them for waiting until then to decide their future.

Now, where will I go? Plymouth, where there will be a lot of travelling, or somewhere closer to home, where I don't have to uproot the family?

As always they will be deciding between wages and convenience, especially the more experienced players who have been there, done it and got the shirt.

Patience, my friends, will be a virtue in these circumstances.

Given that Danny Mayor apparently lives in Devon then it would be hard to find a decent football team that might come in for him that is 'closer to home'!

Everyone seems to assume that just because he was born and brought up in the northwest and has played for clubs up that way previously that area is necessarily his preferred choice of living location now. It's entirely possible that having sampled the somewhat slower pace of life down here he finds it suits him. He seems like someone who likes to be completely out of the limelight - a very private individual - perhaps it is easier for him to be like that down here. Perhaps he loves to keep animals, grow vegetables and garden and he has a little small holding somewhere out of the way that completely suits his needs. Perhaps he has discovered surfing as a way of switching off in his time off and values good access to the beaches of north Cornwall. I have absolutely no idea, but any of the above (or similar MIGHT be true).

Any 'delay' in him re-signing might simply be because there is some negotiation about the terms of his new contract - maybe he likes it so much down here that he wants a longer contract than what was offered.

its so easy to assume that all footballers are the same. Danny Mayor strikes me very much as one who might be a bit different from most.

In his first season at Argyle I believe Mayor and his family lived in south Devon.

However during the last season when Mayor was ill, the manager mentioned about sending food around to his apartment. This would suggest to me he had moved and was living on his own.

Perhaps his family had relocated away from Devon.

Jan 27, 2012
Where the staff and players live is their business. I don’t blame them for not wanting to move family homes every couple of years. Its their performances which count.

No doubt the manager and players are on holiday at the moment and taking a break from football. Contract offers are probably with their agents and negotiations paused for a while.

Sep 2, 2008
gaspargomez":3kdd2p9o said:
Where the staff and players live is their business. I don’t blame them for not wanting to move family homes every couple of years. Its their performances which count.

No doubt the manager and players are on holiday at the moment and taking a break from football. Contract offers are probably with their agents and negotiations paused for a while.

I agree that this will be the case for some players but Lowe has told us that he's met with Mayor and his family already. Mark my words, Lowe already knows if Mayor is staying or not.

Most players contracts don't finish until the end of the month so I can understand why announcements aren't really being made. However, Mayor is currently contracted to Argyle so it shouldn't be a problem announcing that he has signed again unless that's something they can't say because it's not going to happen.

Believe me, he's gone.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Announcement #10

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Pottypilgrim":3k0nr58p said:
gaspargomez":3k0nr58p said:

I agree that this will be the case for some players but Lowe has told us that he's met with Mayor and his family already. Mark my words, Lowe already knows if Mayor is staying or not.

Most players contracts don't finish until the end of the month so I can understand why announcements aren't really being made. However, Mayor is currently contracted to Argyle so it shouldn't be a problem announcing that he has signed again unless that's something they can't say because it's not going to happen.

Believe me, he's gone.

Thanks for the insight. New two year deal just announced on Twitter. :wave: :lol:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pottypilgrim":32htyen2 said:
gaspargomez":32htyen2 said:

Believe me, he's gone.

:clap: :funny:

Masterful timing there Pottyp!

Aug 15, 2015
Didn't expect that and despite not being a favourite of mine, he is still a good player to have on the ranks. Good news.