Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Aug 5, 2016
I would bet money that isn't true. Mayor is our standout ball carrier, the best and most effective dribbler in the team. Opposition fans and commentators almost always notice who our dangerman is.

The times he dribbles, draws defenders and releases the overlap just isn't replicated on the right side.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
East End Green":2guas9w4 said:
I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure Camara carried the ball from our box to the opposition box way more times than Mayor did last season - I'd bet he lost the ball less often as well.
He may have had decent stats early in the season but Mayor would be way ahead in the season overall.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
davie nine":1zxwbqxn said:
East End Green":1zxwbqxn said:
I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure Camara carried the ball from our box to the opposition box way more times than Mayor did last season - I'd bet he lost the ball less often as well.
He may have had decent stats early in the season but Mayor would be way ahead in the season overall.

Mayor was second in the league for successful dribbles. 165. Only Siriki Dembele (218) had more. The next highest was Scott Fraser with 157 and beyond that only 4 other players surpassed 100. Camara wasn't one of them.

Stats courtesy of D3D4 football.

Slight caveat - Successful dribbles tends to count dribbles where the ball carrier goes past an opposition player. Pan quite often picked the ball up and carried through space. Mayor dribbles around people for fun.

Jan 30, 2021
Excellent statistics Nobby which accurately reflect the Danny Mayor I watched for most of last season. Rather than lose him it is essential that Argyle hang onto him and look for a similarly creative player on the right side of a four man midfield - ideally with Pan, Connor Grant and Joe Edwards competing for the two central midfield places. This would achieve balance and allow Danny far more space to exploit opposition defences than he had last season.
Losing our single most creative player would be a major disappointment and seriously impede the clubs efforts to avoid another relegation battle next season.
I would offer him a three year deal.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
East End Green":31sbzkib said:

I recall seeing a stat that showed Mayor in he top 3 dribblers in the division and Camaras name wasn't even on the list - so I don't agree with this at all.

Edited - jus saw that Mayor was in fact second on the divisions most successful dribblers list and as Dembele has just been promoted with Peterboro it's quite likely that Danny Mayor could quite conceivably be the best dribbler in League 1 next season.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Moorlander":2kox2s41 said:
Excellent statistics Nobby which accurately reflect the Danny Mayor I watched for most of last season. Rather than lose him it is essential that Argyle hang onto him and look for a similarly creative player on the right side of a four man midfield - ideally with Pan, Connor Grant and Joe Edwards competing for the two central midfield places. This would achieve balance and allow Danny far more space to exploit opposition defences than he had last season.
Losing our single most creative player would be a major disappointment and seriously impede the clubs efforts to avoid another relegation battle next season.

Totally agree with this. I'd offer Danny Mayor a 3 year deal as well in an attempt to get to the championship in that time period.

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
JannerinCardiff":cxjfv9c0 said:
East End Green":cxjfv9c0 said:

I recall seeing a stat that showed Mayor in he top 3 dribblers in the division and Camaras name wasn't even on the list - so I don't agree with this at all.

Edited - jus saw that Mayor was in fact second on the divisions most successful dribblers list and as Dembele has just been promoted with Peterboro it's quite likely that Danny Mayor could quite conceivably be the best dribbler in League 1 next season.

That why he wears a bib in training.

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Tom Cobbley":wr2g1plz said:
JannerinCardiff":wr2g1plz said:
East End Green":wr2g1plz said:

That why he wears a bib in training.

That’s terrible. Just terrible. :wave:

Jul 12, 2016
Moorlander":5dd0xwpn said:
:funny:

JannerinCardiff

♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
oldage":1uibcqq0 said:
Moorlander":1uibcqq0 said:

Sorry don’t see the joke here?

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Nobby":1ws5jhfv said:
davie nine":1ws5jhfv said:
East End Green":1ws5jhfv said:

Mayor was second in the league for successful dribbles. 165. Only Siriki Dembele (218) had more. The next highest was Scott Fraser with 157 and beyond that only 4 other players surpassed 100. Camara wasn't one of them.

Stats courtesy of D3D4 football.

Slight caveat - Successful dribbles tends to count dribbles where the ball carrier goes past an opposition player. Pan quite often picked the ball up and carried through space. Mayor dribbles around people for fun.

Fair enough :)

Though my initial post did say 'from our box to the opposition's box' - do those stats reflect that or did you just have to beat one player to count it as a dribble?

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":255vs3jn said:
oldage":255vs3jn said:
Moorlander":255vs3jn said:
"Seriously impede the club's efforts to avoid another relegation battle next season" Didn't do much to avoid it this season!
A three year contract based on being a good dribbler?

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
oldage":3ai9w35s said:
JannerinCardiff":3ai9w35s said:
oldage":3ai9w35s said:
Moorlander":3ai9w35s said:
"Seriously impede the club's efforts to avoid another relegation battle next season" Didn't do much to avoid it this season!

We were never in a relegation battle.

Feb 22, 2021
Nobby":u3lmswii said:
oldage":u3lmswii said:
JannerinCardiff":u3lmswii said:
oldage":u3lmswii said:
Moorlander":u3lmswii said:

We were never in a relegation battle.
Relegation battle :funny: :funny: think somebody doesn't like Lowe and Mayor. Some fans seem to forget that golden Adams had the club in turmoil and players downing tools. Oh let's get back to those days away to Accrington.