Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 19 | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Topboy

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Oct 2, 2003
Plympton
Brilliant Potty. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done Mr Lowe. Just needs to chip in with a few goals please!

ngs

Apr 7, 2020
Pottypilgrim":k2iscutf said:
gaspargomez":k2iscutf said:
Where the staff and players live is their business. I don’t blame them for not wanting to move family homes every couple of years. Its their performances which count.

No doubt the manager and players are on holiday at the moment and taking a break from football. Contract offers are probably with their agents and negotiations paused for a while.

I agree that this will be the case for some players but Lowe has told us that he's met with Mayor and his family already. Mark my words, Lowe already knows if Mayor is staying or not.

Most players contracts don't finish until the end of the month so I can understand why announcements aren't really being made. However, Mayor is currently contracted to Argyle so it shouldn't be a problem announcing that he has signed again unless that's something they can't say because it's not going to happen.

Believe me, he's gone.

Said with such confidence.

Jun 27, 2019
Pottypilgrim":2wbj4lfi said:
gaspargomez":2wbj4lfi said:
Where the staff and players live is their business. I don’t blame them for not wanting to move family homes every couple of years. Its their performances which count.

No doubt the manager and players are on holiday at the moment and taking a break from football. Contract offers are probably with their agents and negotiations paused for a while.

I agree that this will be the case for some players but Lowe has told us that he's met with Mayor and his family already. Mark my words, Lowe already knows if Mayor is staying or not.

Most players contracts don't finish until the end of the month so I can understand why announcements aren't really being made. However, Mayor is currently contracted to Argyle so it shouldn't be a problem announcing that he has signed again unless that's something they can't say because it's not going to happen.

Believe me, he's gone.

This aged well.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
monkeywrench":b2o8kytz said:
Has signed for 2 more years! Get in Danny!

Done deal ages ago. Just waiting for Chris Errington to return from holiday so it would be reported properly. :scarf: :scarf:

Graham Clark

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🚑 Steve Hooper
Nov 18, 2018
The key words

“I have always been really keen to sign on again if the opportunity arose, and, as soon as I had the blessing from my family, it was a no brainer for me to keep playing my football at Argyle."

Great news. I really hope that we can work a system that enables him to thrive. I love watching him play. He will know that he will have to improve his end product more than anyone.

Jun 27, 2019
Delighted he's staying, but even as a big fan of his I hope we find a way to get more out of him next season and beyond. It feels like we've wasted his talents a little bit thus far, and one of the biggest challenges for RL next season is to unlock DM's considerable potential.

For the time being I'm going to content myself with the thought that a quality player from up North has just agreed to extend his stay with us rather than move back home. A rare event for sure.

Good decision, Danny :clap:

Mar 14, 2009
Like l said, given his relationship with Lowe and how Lowe plays him l thought it pretty much nailed on,

If you remember two years ago Danny lm sure said it was important how the football was played. I can’t imagine many managers giving him the license of freedom that Lowe gives him.

I’m not going to be a hypocrite though. It worries me that Lowe will keep playing him in central midfield which l do think is not think is good for football team we trying to build.

Oct 31, 2015
Good news for us and DM10.

Nice one Danny, after 4 years you could be a Pilgrims legend. :thumbup:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Great news!!
Doesn’t give the undecided STH’s much time to get their 20% discounts.
I can think of just a few who may now decide not to renew.
Doyley will be delighted.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Pottypilgrim":2s5d072z said:
gaspargomez":2s5d072z said:

Believe me, he's gone.

Anymore snippets of insider information you can share with us? :funny:

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Absolutely delighted he is RLs man- now lets see who RL will be bringing in to built a team around him to make us more competitive