Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Danny Mayor signs for 2 more years

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Every time I see a new comment I think it m could be positive news on mayor but NOPE.. more individual tripe flooding the thread.

:banghead:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I can see the press conference comments now… ‘Dan has loved it here, but wanted to be closer to his missus and family in the north-west, which is fair enough’.

Which IS fair enough, but annoying. On the flip side, he’s 30 and loves playing for Ryan Lowe. If he thinks Argyle is the best place to be for his career, then family can surely wait for 2-3 more years.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
East End Green":ysq0dcjl said:
Nobby":ysq0dcjl said:
davie nine":ysq0dcjl said:
East End Green":ysq0dcjl said:
I don't have the stats but I'm pretty sure Camara carried the ball from our box to the opposition box way more times than Mayor did last season - I'd bet he lost the ball less often as well.

Mayor was second in the league for successful dribbles. 165. Only Siriki Dembele (218) had more. The next highest was Scott Fraser with 157 and beyond that only 4 other players surpassed 100. Camara wasn't one of them.

Stats courtesy of D3D4 football.

Slight caveat - Successful dribbles tends to count dribbles where the ball carrier goes past an opposition player. Pan quite often picked the ball up and carried through space. Mayor dribbles around people for fun.

Fair enough :)

Though my initial post did say 'from our box to the opposition's box' - do those stats reflect that or did you just have to beat one player to count it as a dribble?
I am impressed with those stats, and believe that they justify why it is important that he re-signs, but it was Nobby who posted them, not me.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Metal_Green_Mickey":tmhiaqwh said:
I honestly not sure why people are worried that want him to stay. I think he will resign.
I assume you think he will re-sign, Mickey. There is a double meaning there.

Mar 14, 2009
davie nine":3p1hk6aq said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3p1hk6aq said:
I honestly not sure why people are worried that want him to stay. I think he will resign.

I think so. He’s not a consistent championship standard player. That leaves us and league one clubs to fight for his signature. He likes the manager. He likes the way he plays. I’m not sure which other manager would give him such a free role in the team.

Unless a Bolton type side comes in for him who are ambitious and have a manager that has an attacking style reputation l just can’t see him not sticking with Lowe.

Sep 2, 2008
Metal_Green_Mickey":37p92xau said:
davie nine":37p92xau said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":37p92xau said:

I think so. He’s not a consistent championship standard player. That leaves us and league one clubs to fight for his signature. He likes the manager. He likes the way he plays. I’m not sure which other manager would give him such a free role in the team.

Unless a Bolton type side comes in for him who are ambitious and have a manager that has an attacking style reputation l just can’t see him not sticking with Lowe.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him at Bradford. Adams likes a flair player.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
plymouthboyuk":2bvttgp6 said:
Danny Mayor and his family live in Devon, and have since he moved to Argyle.

Is that true? I didn't know that. I think it would have been good PR if the club made that more common knowledge, although I suppose that would shine the spotlight on those who joined the club and haven't moved into the area.

Sep 2, 2008
saxman":2wu1rwf7 said:
plymouthboyuk":2wu1rwf7 said:

Is that true? I didn't know that. I think it would have been good PR if the club made that more common knowledge, although I suppose that would shine the spotlight on those who joined the club and haven't moved into the area.

Yeah. Might be a bit embarrassing for the manager when players and his 2ic move to Plymouth in line with the Chairman's wishes and yet he doesn't.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
The more I read this thread the more I’ll be totally gutted if Danny Mayor leaves. He’s a quality player there’s no doubt at all and a player that gets you off your seat as a fan. If we had a good attacking right midfielder I think think Danny would be exceptional as all too often he’s double marked he’s that good...

Mar 14, 2009
JannerinCardiff":1e5q9pf0 said:
The more I read this thread the more I’ll be totally gutted if Danny Mayor leaves. He’s a quality player there’s no doubt at all and a player that gets you off your seat as a fan. If we had a good attacking right midfielder I think think Danny would be exceptional as all too often he’s double marked he’s that good...

If you had an attacking player similar to Mayor, who would do the donkey work in midfield? You have a no4/CDM but he would just get over run.

Camara was already having to defend the space that Mayor vacated when he went to the left wing.

Mayor needs a more advanced position in the team. If he is back at LCM next season the side will continue to have problems because he isn’t a midfielder who can do the defending part. He doesn’t have the engine you need to go up and down the pitch. He totally fades out of a game by the second half.

Nov 30, 2010
Brechin
Metal_Green_Mickey":hy6qc4kn said:
If you had an attacking player similar to Mayor, who would do the donkey work in midfield? You have a no4/CDM but he would just get over run.

Camara was already having to defend the space that Mayor vacated when he went to the left wing.

Mayor needs a more advanced position in the team. If he is back at LCM next season the side will continue to have problems because he isn’t a midfielder who can do the defending part. He doesn’t have the engine you need to go up and down the pitch. He totally fades out of a game by the second half.

Really think DM would be best for us as the 10 in a 4-4-1-1.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Pottypilgrim":m7kyzopo said:
saxman":m7kyzopo said:
plymouthboyuk":m7kyzopo said:

Yeah. Might be a bit embarrassing for the manager when players and his 2ic move to Plymouth in line with the Chairman's wishes and yet he doesn't.

There could be all sorts of reasons why, and if Simon is OK with the arrangement then I think that we should trust his judgement.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
It's all gone quiet over there!
Yes, it's all gone quiet over there!
It's all gone quiet,
All gone quiet,
All gone quiet over there!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up!!
Sign him up, sign him up, sign him uuuuu-up!!

Sign him up, sign him up, sign him up!!
Sign him up, SIGN HIM UP!! :scarf:

(repeat ad nauseam)