Cristiano Ronaldo. | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cristiano Ronaldo.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
When he scored yesterday, he reached a clause in his contract, that triggered a bonus payment of £750,000.

And further, every additional goal, will give him another bonus of £100,000 per goal.

How obscene is that, purely in it for the money, totally selfish.

I know other players may have similar clauses., but really in this day and age, surely players and the old git, should donate this to families suffering in the current hard times.
You aren't aware then of the huge sums Ronaldo has given to less fortunate people?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
You aren't aware then of the huge sums Ronaldo has given to less fortunate people?

He probably is but because he don’t like him, he probably don’t remember seeing it

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
United are now guaranteed to finish with less points than they got during the Moyes season. They've conceded more goals than Burnley and Everton.

Worst Manchester United team since...when? At least at the turn of the 1990s they were winning trophies, even if they were miles off the top of the league.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
The new man has one hell of a job on his hands turning around the mess he has inherited. That was a,new low yesterday. I was amazed to see Mata, and Matic starting and Lingard and Cavani on the bench when they won't even be there next season. Ronaldo was a lonely and frustrated figure but it could be best that he goes too depending whether the new manager can come up with a system that accommodates his fading physical capabilities.
What a contrast was the speed, energy and intensity of the Liverpool v Spurs game afterwards. I cannot imagine Ronaldo coping with that at 37.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
United are now guaranteed to finish with less points than they got during the Moyes season. They've conceded more goals than Burnley and Everton.

Worst Manchester United team since...when? At least at the turn of the 1990s they were winning trophies, even if they were miles off the top of the league.

I wouldn’t say it’s the worse Manchester United team, they just don’t wanna be playing to the levels that they are capable of or can’t play together.
The new manager has sure got his work cut out

Apr 16, 2016
It was a bit similar post Busby as post Ferguson. Under Wilf McGuiness in 1970 they finished 8th - I remember my older brother being really frustrated in those days - but it got worse not better in the following years. 50,000 to 60,000 every week though - not very 'plastic' although crowds did drop to 40,000 in the relegation season. Mid table ( and lower) finishes commonplace after Busby - even Fergie had an 11th 12th and 13th at the beginning.
My brother said the hunger went after winning the European Cup. I remember Tommy Doc firing it up with a lot of hungry kids, Sexton Ok but just boring, and Big Ron at least bringing some exhilaration but the partying side probably restricted them to cups rather than leagues. They might have drunk a lot ( Whiteside, McGrath, Robson etc - but at least they were hard as nails and fought on the pitch.Then a genius came but, boy, was he lucky to get the time. Not dissimilar to Klopp getting time at Liverpool. To me ,with every team, hunger is a huge factor. I even see it at u12's level !
To think Fergie used to offer players less to play for United ( than offered elsewhere) as a test of their hunger for success. I'd like to think ( laying aside my support) that I'd rather earn say 100,000 a week to be in that Liverpool dressing room than say 130,000 a week to be in the United one. On top of that they can't shift players cos they seem to have no real hunger to play - again they'd rather earn more and not play, than earn less and actually have a career somewhere. In fact they would even have a long term aim to get back to a top team if they cared.
Least hungry United team since relegation in 74.

Reactions: Cousin Pavlos

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ronaldo fails to report to pre-season training. Looks as if the lure of the Europa League isn't enough to tempt him back for another season at Old Trafford. But who's going to have the finances and the inclination to take a punt on him? Marquee signing for the new regime at Chelsea perhaps?

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Ronaldo fails to report to pre-season training. Looks as if the lure of the Europa League isn't enough to tempt him back for another season at Old Trafford. But who's going to have the finances and the inclination to take a punt on him? Marquee signing for the new regime at Chelsea perhaps?

Wouldn’t say failed, he said he’s got family issues

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
But who's going to have the finances and the inclination to take a punt on him? Marquee signing for the new regime at Chelsea perhaps?

Depends on whether Tuchel wants him. Pretty much like Rangnick tried to stamp into the mindset of the players last season for Utd, Tuchel wants his forward players to track back to pick up the ball and, like Lukaku, Ronaldo is somewhat reluctant to do this (hence why Lukaku is now out on loan). I said this on page 5 of this thread and nothing I saw of Ronaldo last season has made me think I was wrong about him.

If Ronaldo leaves in the next few weeks, it'll be to PSG or one of the big-name teams in Serie A.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Ronaldo wants to add further Champions League goals to his CV, not Europa goals which are meaningless to him.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Depends on whether Tuchel wants him. Pretty much like Rangnick tried to stamp into the mindset of the players last season for Utd, Tuchel wants his forward players to track back to pick up the ball and, like Lukaku, Ronaldo is somewhat reluctant to do this (hence why Lukaku is now out on loan). I said this on page 5 of this thread and nothing I saw of Ronaldo last season has made me think I was wrong about him.

If Ronaldo leaves in the next few weeks, it'll be to PSG or one of the big-name teams in Serie A.

Are even PSG daft enough to try to shoehorn Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and Mbappé into the same team?

I'm not sure there's a Serie A vacancy either. Juventus were happy enough to be rid of him, Inter have got Lukaku back and AC Milan aren't going to be able to pay his wages. It's a really interesting one.

Nov 18, 2011
There's always the Bundesliga :D
The home of Gegenpressing?

Though if Bayern sell Lewandowski then maybe Ronaldo could be a short term solution.

Maybe a return to Portugal? Going back to Sporting would be a nice narrative and he'd get the Champions League football he wants. Not sure any Portuguese clubs can pay him what he wants though.