Cristiano Ronaldo. | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cristiano Ronaldo.

Aug 30, 2006
Sheffield
Even when he has been given playing time he has been missing 2, 3 or 4 chances a game that Ronaldo in his prime would have been putting away with his eyes closed.
Having seen the response from MUFC it seems that they will not make a decision until they have spoken to the egoistic CR7.
Have lost any respect I once had for a player who has excelled in 3 of the World’s most difficult leagues.
I do find myself thinking that another massive ego has been very opportunistic in this saga. Step forward Piers Morgan who is as self- centred as Ronaldo and spotted himself a last chance to put himself back in the spotlight
Strange video released by the Portuguese FA showing Bruno Fernandes giving Ronaldo the cold shoulder when they met up with the Portuguese World Cup squad….

Last edited:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I dunno, at least he's never kung-fu kicked any Crystal Palace fans, as tempting as that undoubtedly is.
I still enjoy looking at that toe-rag's expression when he realised Cantona was coming for him.For far too long 'supporters' have screamed the most vile abuse at players and then protest as soon as a player has a go back.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I do find myself thinking that another massive ego has been very opportunistic in this saga. Step forward Piers Morgan who is as self- centred as Ronaldo and spotted himself a last chance to put himself back in the spotlight

I'm not a Piers Morgan fan by any stretch of the imagination, but he was interviewed yesterday by Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel on their The News Agents podcast (it's a v good daily podcast, for those who like such things) who quizzed him about his interviews with Ronaldo and with Trump. Piers was very up front about taking advantage of knowing the likes of CR7 and Trump, and pointed out that he was doing nothing different to any other journalist by using "friendships" to secure big interviews. He also said that Ronaldo is very media-savvy and knew exactly what he was doing when he sat down to do the interview with Piers.

They also had a really interesting discussion regarding viewing habits, and Piers said that his interviews on the YouTube channel - in full (not snippets) - with the likes of Jordan Peterson ran into the millions: that the younger generation viewing habits have changed so it was bonkers to base viewings purely on terrestrial output. TL;DR: Piers Morgan is still very much in the spotlight and still manages to secure interviews with the big names.

Reactions: Brussels Bureaucrat

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Yeah I read that as well. Must be true then. ☺️
So they're putting up temporary pics of rugby players and lady footballers, then replacing them with a new image of CR7?
Imagine they would put boards over the originals for a temporary 'replacement'.
But, as Ian says, it must be true as it was planned .. oh, ages ago!! ;)

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Thought the interview was hyped up way to much and was more to stroke both their egos. What made me laugh was Ronaldo saying he thought being suspended for three days after refusing to come on against Tottenham and leaving the ground was too much

Reactions: Emu

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Thought the interview was hyped up way to much and was more to stroke both their egos. What made me laugh was Ronaldo saying he thought being suspended for three days after refusing to come on against Tottenham and leaving the ground was too much
After he’d already left the ground and been reprimanded for it in pre season. 🙄

Calling ex players rats was a highlight too.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
After he’d already left the ground and been reprimanded for it in pre season. 🙄

Calling ex players rats was a highlight too.

Can’t see no way back for him at United now, he’s only being like this because he hasn’t got the manger wrapped around his little finger and not starting every game and being the main man.

Reactions: Daz

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I blame United for the entire situation. They only brought him back to the club to stop him going to City. That’s no reason for making a signing. They’re not as big and mighty as they’d like to think anymore. Not even top dogs in Manchester, let alone anywhere else. As for Ronaldo, nice bloke but go and retire gracefully mate.

Reactions: Quinny

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Can’t see no way back for him at United now, he’s only being like this because he hasn’t got the manger wrapped around his little finger and not starting every game and being the main man.

He wanted out, and so engineered this interview to achieve exactly that: to make his position in the club untenable. It's no coincidence that it's went out just before the WC started when the season went on this enforced break.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Petulant child who has well & truly spat his dummy out

He is not short of a bob or two to consider retiring - but no doubt some extremely wealthy & stupid Football Chairman will be desperate for his services

He has well & truly burnt his bridges with Manure

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Manchester United are exploring ways to terminate Cristiano Ronaldo’s contract at the club following his explosive interview with Piers Morgan. According to Sky Sports News