Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Feb 28, 2016
It’s ’safe standing’ and even though it stipulates that you should stand in your designated position I expect it will be chaos with people trying to go wherever they please etc. so I’m not sure how useful it will be to be able to select specific ‘seats’
I agree it will inevitably be chaos and it’s exactly the sort of thing that will bring the safe standing experiment to an early end. The whole safe concept relies on everyone standing on a designated spot and not cramming as many as possible in the middle or back of a stand. It’s why I think clubs should have trialed it in lower tiers of side stands.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
It's besides the point as wallet doesn't make you a better/more deserving member of the GA in my opinion, but as a fan who predominantly attends away matches due to location, I'm also very confident in saying that I have put more money into the club each season than many season ticket holders.

I also took an option to upgrade to a ST last year on top of an existing package I had bought, despite it being abundantly clear that I would not get to attend a single game. So I can bandwagon that superiority complex if it helps 🙄
You are a good boy!

C

Cult Of Personality

Problem is, the people that live away and see games away from Home Park, put very little into the club coffers.

The ST holders, obviously do, and they do it before a ball is kicked for the forthcoming season.

Add this to the fact that so many didn't ask for a refund last season, it seems as if the right commercial decision was made.

Feel for the away goers though, it must be heart wrenching not to be able to attend a game like this.

But the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Its what i been saying to people i feel for the away day fans but actually the money they spend at away grounds in league games does not go to our club. Your actually helping other teams . The club have done the right thing again because again its in black and white when you buy a season ticket. Every time there is a big game or covid issues people want to change the rules to suit them when the rules have already been set out .

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
But imagine it if you lived away from Plymouth. That would basically mean there's little chance of going to these big, plastic events, that every person and his dog want to attend.

I can understand the annoyance when you take in 10-15 away games per season flooding the greens.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
You certainly missed mine!
I must have.

The general discourse is getting a bit us and them between ST holders and non ST holders, with the rhetoric that ST holders commit more to supporting the club and are therefore more deserving than anyone else.

My point was if we go down the road of, more money = more deserving, then that doesn't necessarily put ST holders top of the food chain. I found your comment that away fans put very little into the club coffers very reductive and a bit insulting for those who continue to support the club from afar.

May 8, 2011
But imagine it if you lived away from Plymouth. That would basically mean there's little chance of going to these big, plastic events, that every person and his dog want to attend.

I can understand the annoyance when you take in 10-15 away games per season flooding the greens.
Probably the only game recently where a loyalty scheme should have been of benefit was the Exeter game as at that game a number of ST holders who have been to lots of away game including Scunthorpe on a Tuesday night couldn’t get a ticket.

Reactions: SWTT
Feb 23, 2020
does anyone know if a half-season ticket holder counts the same as a full season ticket holder please

May 8, 2011
I must have.

The general discourse is getting a bit us and them between ST holders and non ST holders, with the rhetoric that ST holders commit more to supporting the club and are therefore more deserving than anyone else.

My point was if we go down the road of, more money = more deserving, then that doesn't necessarily put ST holders top of the food chain. I found your comment that away fans put very little into the club coffers very reductive and a bit insulting for those who continue to support the club from afar.
I don’t think ST holders are top of the food chain, I think that would be sponsors and corporate partners as they put more money in. I’m sure a number of tickets won’t be put on sale but kept back.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Got absolutely no issues with season ticket holders going, they put their money in and should have priority tickets. What I do have an issue with are the season ticket holders who can't go then getting a ticket for a fairweather supporter "down the road " and therefore removing the opportunity for flexi ticket and BGL members. There has to be a better way
Well I would imagine that the tickets will state that they are 'not transferable' just like season tickets are and that, technically, it would be a breach of ground (or other) regulations to pass/sell your ticket on to someone other than the named person who bought it. Certainly you are not SUPPOSED to let someone else use your season ticket if you are not using it yourself.

However, it would, of course, be completely impractical to check the identity of the ticket holder against the name of the person that it was bought by but some kind of system like that is, in effect, what is needed.

The stipulation that tickets must match the category of season ticket holder will help to ensure that some passing on of tickets referred to in the quoted post doesn't occur because it stops someone with a child that isn't going buying an adult ticket to pass on to a friend/relative etc.

Basically, it's a sad fact of life that you often can't have what you want no matter how badly you want it. In this case, it's always been clear that the only way to increase your chance of getting a ticket for a game of this nature is to buy a season ticket. Some people might not like that but the rules of the game have always been absolutely crystal clear.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Has been alot of chatter from fans who are unhappy at potentially not being able to get tickets to Chelsea because they are not season ticket holders. They might live up the line, go to 15 away games a year but still have to wait in line behind season ticket holders when big away games come up. It seems many clubs operate a points system which registers ticket purchases & those points are what would set the priority order for such big games.
The question is - should someone who only goes to home games & buys a ST (which does put money into the club) get priority over a fan who is just as ardent, travels more, spends more overall , but goes to away games 95% of the time?
We shall see how the Chelsea ticket situation pans out. 6,000 tickets is decent. But if we were going to say, Leicester, there would be alot of big fans missing out because their support is not really recorded in the same way as ST holders.
Time for a new points system I think, especially in view of how widely the fan base is spread across the UK.
All Clubs that use loyalty points still give preference to ST holders.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
does anyone know if a half-season ticket holder counts the same as a full season ticket holder please
I think that’s why they’ve stopped selling them early. If you’ve got a half season ticket you’re classed as a season ticket holder on the card and membership section on the website.

MGM

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 7, 2021
I’m not sure tbh how you would close any season ticket loop holes. Like someone buying one for someone else.

I guess if you pay your money then it’s your choice to do with that ticket how you please. Except for the person that is not selling it at face value. I don’t agree with someone profiting from a situation like this.

Also how do you decide who is more deserving? For example, what about the people who watch Argyle when they can but have work commitments that mean they can’t make as many games as they like.

Personally, l hate seeing what a game like this does to the fanbase. Instead of it being a game to celebrate you almost feel guilty if you get a ticket. There shouldn’t even be a debate. The rules were in place before the season started. It’s unfortunate everyone can’t go, and if l don’t get a ticket then fair play to the people that do.

Why would people buy a season ticket if a points season was introduced? What l would like to see is an away season ticket available with the same level of priority. How you do this though with various league one clubs ticketing prices l don’t know. Maybe impossible.

Reactions: SurreyJanner