Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Feb 23, 2008
Not sure morals really come into it when fixtures like this come around Daz, all sorts of people have come out the woodwork and asked if I can get them tickets and I even know of a few that claim they've booked champagne hospitality at Stamford Bridge and they're taking the missus.

They couldn't give a stuff about football let alone Argyle.

Reactions: SWTT
Apr 22, 2013
“Sadly the season ticket holder who can't go and sells his ticket to his mate down the road (who hasn't been for years) will be there in our absence”

I’m sure that, in the main, the season ticket holder who can’t go probably let’s another genuine Argyle fan use their ticket, not the mate who hasn’t been for years (although that obviously must happen too but not so much I’m sure).

This year season ticket holders have been fortunate in that there has actually been a ‘priority game’ for them to get a little preferential treatment. Most years there isn’t. I’ve had a ST for 45 years and I don’t think there’s been more than ten matches like this in all that time.

“Sadly the season ticket holder who can't go and sells his ticket to his mate down the road (who hasn't been for years) will be there in our absence”

I’m sure that, in the main, the season ticket holder who can’t go probably let’s another genuine Argyle fan use their ticket, not the mate who hasn’t been for years (although that obviously must happen too but not so much I’m sure).

This year season ticket holders have been fortunate in that there has actually been a ‘priority game’ for them to get a little preferential treatment. Most years there isn’t. I’ve had a ST for 45 years and I don’t think there’s been more than ten matches like this in all that time.
"I’m sure that, in the main, the season ticket holder who can’t go probably let’s another genuine Argyle fan use their ticket, not the mate who hasn’t been for years (although that obviously must happen too but not so much I’m sure)."

In that case is there any season ticket holder than would like to sell me and my 11 year old son their tickets for the game? As a flexi ticket holder and my son being a previous mascot - I would count as a genuine argyle fan . 😀

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I always thought there should be a ‘season ticket’ for away fans and especially exiles where at the start of a season they pay say £30 to Argyle and for this they get the same priority as season ticket holders for away games. They don’t get any tickets for this £30, only priority for away tickets when the capacity is limited.

More ST holders than tickets available I believe Aaron. Selfishly, I hope that the kick off time and standing away end will put enough off for it to reach Flexi stage.

It's a shame attending the prior rounds count for nothing, as I've been to all 3. Although I did PotD at Wednesday, so from an Argyle ticket perspective they wouldn't know that anyway.

Fingers crossed for a points based system going forward from next season 🤞
Fingers crossed indeed! 🤞

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
I always thought there should be a ‘season ticket’ for away fans and especially exiles where at the start of a season they pay say £30 to Argyle and for this they get the same priority as season ticket holders for away games. They don’t get any tickets for this £30, only priority for away tickets when the capacity is limited.
There was a membership scheme that didn't involve any tickets until a couple of seasons ago. My son had a junior membership which gave second priority, same as flexi and BGL members. Doesn't exist anymore and as he's not old enough to belong to a lottery, then only way to get any priority for away tickets was to buy him a flexi ticket - which, as exiles, we won't use all the tickets for.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Problem is, the people that live away and see games away from Home Park, put very little into the club coffers.

The ST holders, obviously do, and they do it before a ball is kicked for the forthcoming season.

Add this to the fact that so many didn't ask for a refund last season, it seems as if the right commercial decision was made.

Feel for the away goers though, it must be heart wrenching not to be able to attend a game like this.

But the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It's besides the point as wallet doesn't make you a better/more deserving member of the GA in my opinion, but as a fan who predominantly attends away matches due to location, I'm also very confident in saying that I have put more money into the club each season than many season ticket holders.

I also took an option to upgrade to a ST last year on top of an existing package I had bought, despite it being abundantly clear that I would not get to attend a single game. So I can bandwagon that superiority complex if it helps 🙄

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: IJN
Not sure about that. I could call myself an 'away fan', pay £30 and go to a handful of away fans and get priority ticketing. Take up would be massive amongst non ST holders rendering the priority ticketing not fit for purpose as it would always be massively oversubscribed.
Maybe it would work if you could prove you'd been to a certain number of away games the season before. Say 12 games?

Feb 23, 2008
How would that work?

£400+ a season or £30 a season but get the same benefits?

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
Hi Guys

Do you know if I would be able to purchase on eticketing/pafc for the members in my network who are both green members as well?

Cheers (y)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
It is what it is.

I have been a flexi/white member since it was introduced, but, am resigned to not getting a ticket for Chelsea already. Am also a long term BGL member.

In my view, its right STs get the first priority. Usually, second priority is good enough for most games. Can't see there's a way of looking after those of us who mainly because of location attend more games away than home.

This season, I have so far just made two home games - Crewe and Ipswich. Have got a ticket for Lincoln this weekend too. Attended as an away fan at Shrewsbury, Sheff Weds (x2), Morecambe, Accrington and Rochdale. Not too many glamorous days out there :giggle:.

As a consolation there is at least TV coverage for those who don't get tickets.

Wonder how many will go to both the Chelsea game and Crewe game the following Tuesday?

Reactions: Olaf and leeroy221

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Hi Guys

Do you know if I would be able to purchase on eticketing/pafc for the members in my network who are both green members as well?

Cheers (y)
Is a green member a season ticket? If so, I would say yes. That’s what I’m doing (hopefully).

Feb 23, 2008
The full ST holders get 23 home games.
And can't make all of them due to work commitments/games being moved or re-arranged to an evening fixture/DJM commitments with their kids, but still pay the £600-ish a year as it comes in handy for times like these?

Maybe the e-ticketing system stats could be used so that if something like this were to be offered then it would go in tiers of number of away fixtures purchased?

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2006
More ST holders than tickets available I believe Aaron. Selfishly, I hope that the kick off time and standing away end will put enough off for it to reach Flexi stage.

It's a shame attending the prior rounds count for nothing, as I've been to all 3. Although I did PotD at Wednesday, so from an Argyle ticket perspective they wouldn't know that anyway.

Fingers crossed for a points based system going forward from next season 🤞
hopefully Argyle might catch up with most of the other football clubs who have points for away games but i doubt it.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
It's besides the point as wallet doesn't make you a better/more deserving member of the GA in my opinion, but as a fan who predominantly attends away matches due to location, I'm also very confident in saying that I have put more money into the club each season than many season ticket holders.

I also took an option to upgrade to a ST last year on top of an existing package I had bought, despite it being abundantly clear that I would not get to attend a single game. So I can bandwagon that superiority complex if it helps 🙄
You are a good boy!

• Haha
Reactions: IJN