Chelsea tickets (sold out) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Chelsea tickets (sold out)

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
How many full ST holders do we have? I'm a flexi ticket holder and I'm hoping they don't sell out before I get a chance to buy one.
More ST holders than tickets available I believe Aaron. Selfishly, I hope that the kick off time and standing away end will put enough off for it to reach Flexi stage.

It's a shame attending the prior rounds count for nothing, as I've been to all 3. Although I did PotD at Wednesday, so from an Argyle ticket perspective they wouldn't know that anyway.

Fingers crossed for a points based system going forward from next season šŸ¤ž

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
More ST holders than tickets available I believe Aaron. Selfishly, I hope that the kick off time and standing away end will put enough off for it to reach Flexi stage.

It's a shame attending the prior rounds count for nothing, as I've been to all 3. Although I did PotD at Wednesday, so from an Argyle ticket perspective they wouldn't know that anyway.

It's always been this way and probably always will be.

• Eye-Roll
Reactions: leeroy221 and SWTT
May 8, 2011

All Clubs that use loyalty points still give preference to ST holders. A ST holder with no loyalty points/credits will be ahead of a non ST holder no matter how many points/credits they have.

Reactions: leeroy221
Aug 26, 2021
Has been alot of chatter from fans who are unhappy at potentially not being able to get tickets to Chelsea because they are not season ticket holders. They might live up the line, go to 15 away games a year but still have to wait in line behind season ticket holders when big away games come up. It seems many clubs operate a points system which registers ticket purchases & those points are what would set the priority order for such big games.
The question is - should someone who only goes to home games & buys a ST (which does put money into the club) get priority over a fan who is just as ardent, travels more, spends more overall , but goes to away games 95% of the time?
We shall see how the Chelsea ticket situation pans out. 6,000 tickets is decent. But if we were going to say, Leicester, there would be alot of big fans missing out because their support is not really recorded in the same way as ST holders.
Time for a new points system I think, especially in view of how widely the fan base is spread across the UK.

Apr 22, 2013
I have just been told by someone senior at the club that the tickets are highly unlikely to make priority 2 standing so no flexi or BGL members will be able to go. Sadly the season ticket holder who can't go and sells his ticket to his mate down the road ( who hasn't been for years) will be there in our absence . šŸ˜„šŸ˜­šŸ˜„

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Problem is, the people that live away and see games away from Home Park, put very little into the club coffers.

The ST holders, obviously do, and they do it before a ball is kicked for the forthcoming season.

Add this to the fact that so many didn't ask for a refund last season, it seems as if the right commercial decision was made.

Feel for the away goers though, it must be heart wrenching not to be able to attend a game like this.

But the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Apr 22, 2013
Problem is, the people that live away and see games away from Home Park, put very little into the club coffers.

The ST holders, obviously do, and they do it before a ball is kicked for the forthcoming season.

Add this to the fact that so many didn't ask for a refund last season, it seems as if the right commercial decision was made.

Feel for the away goers though, it must be heart wrenching not to be able to attend a game like this.

But the club are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Got absolutely no issues with season ticket holders going, they put their money in and should have priority tickets. What I do have an issue with are the season ticket holders who can't go then getting a ticket for a fairweather supporter "down the road " and therefore removing the opportunity for flexi ticket and BGL members. There has to be a better way

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
All Clubs that use loyalty points still give preference to ST holders. A ST holder with no loyalty points/credits will be ahead of a non ST holder no matter how many points/credits they have.
Not true everywhere. At a certain club, a new season ticket holder gets 500 loyalty points and would be further down the queue than a supporter who has built up their loyalty points over the years. Loyalty points are not cleared at the end of a season and currently this season the first window of opportunity to buy away tickets has been going to Members with 7,000 points. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a member.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Sep 30, 2003
Got absolutely no issues with season ticket holders going, they put their money in and should have priority tickets. What I do have an issue with are the season ticket holders who can't go then getting a ticket for a fairweather supporter "down the road " and therefore removing the opportunity for flexi ticket and BGL members. There has to be a better way
That is a moral question for the season ticket holder. Not one that the club have any control over other than to say tickets aren't transferable. It's out of order 100%, but it's the ticket holder not the club at fault if that happens.

ā€œSadly the season ticket holder who can't go and sells his ticket to his mate down the road (who hasn't been for years) will be there in our absenceā€

Iā€™m sure that, in the main, the season ticket holder who canā€™t go probably letā€™s another genuine Argyle fan use their ticket, not the mate who hasnā€™t been for years (although that obviously must happen too but not so much Iā€™m sure).

This year season ticket holders have been fortunate in that there has actually been a ā€˜priority gameā€™ for them to get a little preferential treatment. Most years there isnā€™t. Iā€™ve had a ST for 45 years and I donā€™t think thereā€™s been more than ten matches like this in all that time.

Apr 22, 2013
That is a moral question for the season ticket holder. Not one that the club have any control over other than to say tickets aren't transferable. It's out of order 100%, but it's the ticket holder not the club at fault if that happens.
100% agree , at no point did I mention the club at fault. Just has to be a better way for those who put their money into the club to have a better chance of getting a ticket.