Charlton v Argyle Match Thread | Page 25 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Charlton v Argyle Match Thread

Dorset Green

✅ Evergreen
Feb 8, 2009
Bridport
So good on Saturday, so poor for much, but not all, of last night's game. I think there was a bit of a hangover from Saturday's conditions, but it clearly goes deeper than this alone.

We need Galloway in the side for a start. I was amazed at the decision to start Whittaker and although he's just one player, throwing him in to start away from home was a strange decision.

I don't know what the reasons for last night's slow start by Argyle were or why the back three performed so badly, certainly Charlton's front players were lively and pressed very well. The coaching staff have got some work to do today and maybe their planning and preparation wasn't good enough?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
A lot of Argyle fans were very vocal last season about how Schuey was the brains behind Lowe’s success, how they were glad Lowe had gone and Schuey was the messiah. All a bit silly I thought. I’m interested to note that Preston sit in the top four now and are keeping clean sheet after clean sheet with record season ticket sales racked up and a lot of optimism around the club. Credit where it’s due as he has really turned that club around as he did at Home Park. Meanwhile Argyle again ship a hatful of goals to Charlton. Seems the ex gaffer has learned and changed his approach. Hopefully Schuey can do the same. I think it’s going to be a long season of ups and downs.

Preston are not in the top 4. And they have played a game more than half of the division. Interestingly Lowes Preston have exactly the same amount of points as us (6 pts) and have only scored one goal in 4 matches so far.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Preston are not in the top 4. And they have played a game more than half of the division. Interestingly Lowes Preston have exactly the same amount of points as us (6 pts) and have only scored one goal in 4 matches so far.
I deleted his post as it had nothing to do with Argyle, i hadn't even checked if it was all a load of rubbish too. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dubai Green

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 15, 2008
Singapore
Sorry, I actually meant to say 'completely and utterly acceptable', which of course should be every football fan's reaction to a 5-1 defeat.

Sunshine lol.
It should?

Oh, then I’m sorry. Because I don’t feel that.

I feel disappointed that we lost. I feel annoyed that professional footballers in my team’s shirts couldn’t pass to their team mates all the time.

But I accept that we will lose some games in any season. I accept that some of those may be heavy defeats, particularly if we have a man sent off in the first half. I accept that, on any given day, the opposition might play better than us.

But now I know how I should feel, I realise the error of my ways. I will lie awake tonight until I’ve learnt to feel like a football fan should, or decided that I’m not a football fan after all.

I’m grateful for the guidance. Really I am.

Jul 28, 2022
I’m not feeling overly concerned by last night’s performance. It seems that we do have an issue of not getting off to the intensity and pace and so putting the opposition on the back foot and allowing them to come at us for the first period of games, this in turn bolsters their confidence and fuels their energy levels. If we don’t concede during that time we seem to grow into matches and have long periods of sustained dominance. Unfortunately last night was an error through a dip in concentration which lead to us being a goal down. Then the handball and subsequent sending off and goal was harsh on many levels and too much to come back from. But just before that we looked like we were getting a grip on the match and would not have been surprised to see us level up the match and maybe go on to win. But the freak penalty and sending off knocked the wind out our sails.. the rest is history .. however these are things the coaching staff will look at and work on. So without wanting to seem a little too optimistic, I believe this is just a blip in the journey to our eventual European and World dominance.. Mark my words the world will be Green

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's a strange feeling. The first two home league games have been wonderful and the first two away games have been abysmal.

Hope it gets sorted quickly as it's a strange place to be.

Sep 3, 2009
I’m not feeling overly concerned by last night’s performance. It seems that we do have an issue of not getting off to the intensity and pace and so putting the opposition on the back foot and allowing them to come at us for the first period of games, this in turn bolsters their confidence and fuels their energy levels. If we don’t concede during that time we seem to grow into matches and have long periods of sustained dominance. Unfortunately last night was an error through a dip in concentration which lead to us being a goal down. Then the handball and subsequent sending off and goal was harsh on many levels and too much to come back from. But just before that we looked like we were getting a grip on the match and would not have been surprised to see us level up the match and maybe go on to win. But the freak penalty and sending off knocked the wind out our sails.. the rest is history .. however these are things the coaching staff will look at and work on. So without wanting to seem a little too optimistic, I believe this is just a blip in the journey to our eventual European and World dominance.. Mark my words the world will be Green
Agree with a lot of this.

I know we were misplacing passes and fluffing our lines with half-chances but it felt like their first goal came a little out of the blue. At 1 down I wasn't overly concerned and thought we would grow into it a bit more. Everything to play for. The Valley was half-empty too, so hardly a cauldron of noise.

The penalty and sending off effectively wrote the script for the rest of the game. Even without them banging in an unstoppable third, we weren't coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men.

Jun 27, 2019
It should?

Oh, then I’m sorry. Because I don’t feel that.

I feel disappointed that we lost. I feel annoyed that professional footballers in my team’s shirts couldn’t pass to their team mates all the time.

But I accept that we will lose some games in any season. I accept that some of those may be heavy defeats, particularly if we have a man sent off in the first half. I accept that, on any given day, the opposition might play better than us.

But now I know how I should feel, I realise the error of my ways. I will lie awake tonight until I’ve learnt to feel like a football fan should, or decided that I’m not a football fan after all.

I’m grateful for the guidance. Really I am.
I don't think you could have been whooshed any more spectacularly if you tried.

Jul 28, 2020
We are not going to play well in every game- yet if we don’t play well at the moment it means we’re going to lose.

That’s a big problem.

We need, at least to start from the position of being solid- and difficult to break down. Then when we play badly- as we will- at least, in theory, we don’t end up losing games..

Reactions: Frank the Phone
Mar 21, 2018
Took my 6yr old son last night to his first Argyle game (we are London based), not the greatest start to his Argyle love affair. Asked him on the bus back if he wants to go again - he said no. The reason "it was too noisy". He was right the GA were phenomenal last night, didn't stop singing from the optimistic and hopeful 1st minute to the utterly depressing 94th. We should all be proud of that.