(Can we have) Stadium expansion? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Can we have) Stadium expansion?

Mar 23, 2019
We would have averaged 20k + this season if we had the capacity with plenty of games bringing in 25k.

Football is more popular than ever, Argyles fanbase is bigger than I can ever remember. It's time to capitalise and show some ambition.

It's so boring hearing that crowds dropped the last time we were in the championship. That was 15 years ago!

It's now going to be about finding the balance of paying for Brickfields, getting together a good championship team for next season and increasing the capacity. I'm sure the sales of Cooper (8m), Gibson (4-5m) and Whittaker (12.5m+) plus the new deal with Sky will greatly help push all these things forward.

Reactions: goldinho
Jul 12, 2016
We've had two seasons now with every game selling out. I think if we were to wait another three years in the Championship selling out every week you'd actually have lost a lot of the floating support because they'd have given up. If every game next season is sold out that would be the time to for me.
The acid test will be next season. Start to struggle again and the floating support could sink fast.

Jan 6, 2004
The acid test will be next season. Start to struggle again and the floating support could sink fast.
No - we will sell out of season tickets again and the available tickets left over will be snapped up just as they were this season even if demand falls.

Demand could fall by several thousand and we would still sell out every game

Jan 6, 2004
I suspect the club will look at income generation which brings in revenue quickly and without too much investment costs - the Far Post hospitality, electronic advertising, national level advertising and more stadium naming rights etc.
I agree and I don’t blame them - although it is a shame we are not able to use this period of relative success to recruit new fans because they can’t get in

Reactions: Pointblank
May 12, 2022
I don’t think he said it’s under review, think it was more it’s moved up the list
Just watched the podcast with Simon on here and I think we are both right as he said they are are long term planning for the stadium, hhp and harpers park

Dec 18, 2023
Personally a bit of temp seating with a temp roof all scaffolding if need be in the corner between Devonport End and Mayflower. That is not asking too much I dont think. just sell the match day tickets for that area, dont put it up for Season Tickets as it would be a temp solution.
It should push the capacity past the 17,000 mark.

Reactions: Action Jackson
Feb 11, 2024
We would have averaged 20k + this season if we had the capacity with plenty of games bringing in 25k.

Football is more popular than ever, Argyles fanbase is bigger than I can ever remember. It's time to capitalise and show some ambition.

It's so boring hearing that crowds dropped the last time we were in the championship. That was 15 years ago!

It's now going to be about finding the balance of paying for Brickfields, getting together a good championship team for next season and increasing the capacity. I'm sure the sales of Cooper (8m), Gibson (4-5m) and Whittaker (12.5m+) plus the new deal with Sky will greatly help push all these things forward.
Where do people get these price estimates. Azaz joined Boro for £2.5m, so how can Gibson command double his value. Sorry but some nonsense does get banded about.

The Pasty Kid

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 16, 2006
Liskeard
Where do people get these price estimates. Azaz joined Boro for £2.5m, so how can Gibson command double his value. Sorry but some nonsense does get banded about.
Possibly... and it's just a thought... the pressure on Villa to command a large fee for Azaz just wasn't there. He was through the youth system, so it's pure profit for them, and he had no real added value to them having not appeared for them. On the face of it though, the idea of Gibson being worth that much more seems odd.

Mar 30, 2024

We don't want all of our best players to leave!

Reactions: greenpig27

Plymouthwelsh

✅ Evergreen
Jan 7, 2023
The approx capacity of just under 17K makes us look like a small club with no ambition.. You can always find excuses not to expand capacity much Like Bournemouth who have failed to capitalise on their current success in the premiership . If we can increase the capacity to around 20K , this will engender an even better atmosphere at HP which will only help to motivate the players more and equally by increasing the away capacity this will bring in even more much needed revenue to the local economy . .Even if we do it in a piecemeal way with temporary seating in the corners that is better than nothing but the club should seriously be proactive and get moving whilst there is a good feel and spirit around the club and it’s supporters

Jan 7, 2016
Kernow
Personally a bit of temp seating with a temp roof all scaffolding if need be in the corner between Devonport End and Mayflower. That is not asking too much I dont think. just sell the match day tickets for that area, dont put it up for Season Tickets as it would be a temp solution.
It should push the capacity past the 17,000 mark.
I agree with the temp seating idea. Personally wouldn't worry too much about the roof.