(Can we have) Stadium expansion? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Can we have) Stadium expansion?

Mar 23, 2019
Where do people get these price estimates. Azaz joined Boro for £2.5m, so how can Gibson command double his value. Sorry but some nonsense does get banded about.
Well Lazio bid around 10m for Morgs in January and it was rejected, it's being widely touted that Coops may go for around 8m and Gibson is a steal at 4m.

The fact Azaz was only 2.5m only makes Argyle look silly that we didn't pay it!

Mar 23, 2019
We don't want all of our best players to leave!
I think 8m with add ons is a fair price for Cooper.

I think anything above 10m is a fair price for Morgs.

4m for Gibson given how good he is, seems a bit of a steal.

You say we don't want our best players to leave, thats how we'll compete at this level. Through clever recruitment and then selling on for good prices. Thats 20m+ profit off those three players.

Mar 23, 2019
Personally a bit of temp seating with a temp roof all scaffolding if need be in the corner between Devonport End and Mayflower. That is not asking too much I dont think. just sell the match day tickets for that area, dont put it up for Season Tickets as it would be a temp solution.
It should push the capacity past the 17,000 mark.
Said this for ages, they sorted temporary seating for the Liverpool game with a week or so's notice

Jul 5, 2023
I love our ground, it has its own character and isn't one of the stadia that looks the same. However, I like Continentals suggestion of temporary seating in the Devonport corner, an extra 500ish seats would be fab. I wonder what a temporary structure would cost? Presumably not too great, so would pay for itself reasonably quickly.

Increasing capacity at relatively lowish cost, it wouldn't be surprising if the Board were already looking into this, if it was feasible

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Personally think we need to do this asap..

Naturally when we struggle attendances have dropped in previous years and when we do well we sell out..

It feels different this time.

I also think we need the extra seats in place for when we do well again. Or we will miss out on revenue..

Seats will eventually pay for them selves

There's never a perfect time to put the seats in unless temp ones can get done in close of season which I'd have thought they could be

Reactions: Action Jackson
Jul 12, 2016
I think 8m with add ons is a fair price for Cooper.

I think anything above 10m is a fair price for Morgs.

4m for Gibson given how good he is, seems a bit of a steal.

You say we don't want our best players to leave, thats how we'll compete at this level. Through clever recruitment and then selling on for good prices. Thats 20m+ profit off those three players.
Lower your figures by 50% and you would be about right.

Jul 12, 2016
No it doesn’t because never before has demand hugely exceeded supply before crowds start to fall.
Fans have been spoiled over the past few years but we have yet to see what will happen to crowds if we struggle continuously. I can assure you that our recent success is not the norm.

Reactions: greenpig27
Dec 25, 2005
Mutley
Attendances at HP are now much more diverse than they were 15 years ago. Just looking at the stands on Saturday and the kids, women and families in general were much more previlant. Hallett has spoken extensively about how they want to make it a much wider experience than simply the 90 minute match, and thats what they've done, and all that goes towards making it a much more appealing proposition. Yes, ultimately it comes down to whats on the pitch, but there appears to be a significantly increased level of demand which doesn't look to be diminishing.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
History suggests otherwise.
I believe that there are two factors which could prevent a full repetition of history that are wider than parochial local factors. First, the growth in the last twenty years of the experience economy has increased the attractiveness of experiences and live events. As part of this, there has been an upward trend in football attendances. Second, the demographics of football attendees, and clearly at Home Park, are much broader than they were both in terms of age and gender (and at some clubs ethnicity too). This could defend Argo against a drop out amongst one demographic, say the traditional working class male supporter.

Reactions: RoryGreen
Apr 2, 2024
Where do people get these price estimates. Azaz joined Boro for £2.5m, so how can Gibson command double his value. Sorry but some nonsense does get banded about.
Villa had to sell to get under Financial Fair play.

We don’t.

Gibson has 3 years left on his contract so we are in no rush to sell. I think Azaz was in his final year and could leave for free this summer.

Apr 2, 2024
Fans have been spoiled over the past few years but we have yet to see what will happen to crowds if we struggle continuously. I can assure you that our recent success is not the norm.
We’ve just finished 4th bottom and only scored 3 home goals since February time.

Trying to get a ticket for these final games was insane.

If we were 15 points adrift we wouldn’t be full, I agree, but every game will sell out next season. 500 seats in Bobby’s garden will be well received by those 500 lucky fans.