(Can we have) Stadium expansion? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

(Can we have) Stadium expansion?

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I think the answer for most fans is that they would like stadium expansion but not at expense of the playing squad - as long term capital investment it falls into a different category and depends I guess if the board can find a way to finance it that does not put the club at unnecessary risk
I think Ross is spot on. Any expansion is likely to focus on hospitality, so the numbers will not be huge, but the return is quicker and greater, and further income can be generated out of match days.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
I suspect the club will look at income generation which brings in revenue quickly and without too much investment costs - the Far Post hospitality, electronic advertising, national level advertising and more stadium naming rights etc.

Oct 31, 2015
So we want to improve the playing squad no end, spend on the acadamy and expand the stadium.

Where is the money coming from currently? Its like a labour party manifesto🤦( and I'm not a political person btw)

Priority for me now is the academy and playing squad. Additional corporate will also add more than a bum on a seat currently now the club has taken over the GTs bars.

I think there is a time but its not now. A big investor, climb up the league a little and see whats around the corner. I was v impressed the crowds stayed up around the 17k when we went on that terrible run as well👏👏👏

Apr 4, 2004
If there's one type of post that irritates the hell out of me, it's ones that start with the above. Inevitably they are posts aimed at boosting the ego of the poster, and made by people who don't actually have to take the big decisions, pay for them, and face the consequences if their decision is wrong.
Yep I’ve said the same thing several times before. I’ll probably say it again too.😎

Jul 6, 2005
I have been a huge advocate for expanding the stadium but let’s see if the novelty wears off for the people of Plymouth next season. I still think we will average about 15,000 next season.
Last I heard, the ST waiting list was in excess of 3000.

Jul 6, 2005
So we want to improve the playing squad no end, spend on the acadamy and expand the stadium.

Where is the money coming from currently? Its like a labour party manifesto🤦( and I'm not a political person btw)
So why make a political comment then?

I don't think Argyle have the money to do anything significant to increase capacity, unless they know where Liz Truss was going to get the £45M to give unfunded tax cuts to the wealthiest 5% of people in the country.

Nov 18, 2011
I have been a huge advocate for expanding the stadium but let’s see if the novelty wears off for the people of Plymouth next season. I still think we will average about 15,000 next season.
It happened last time and that's despite the relative success we had under Holloway.

I wonder if the new Sky deal may mean some people choose to get a Sky subscription instead of buying match tickets? There's going to be at least 5 Championship games each weekend on TV so although Argyle are low priority for Sky it still means we should be on the telly a fair bit.

Just realised that it's going to play havoc with schedules as well. Goodbye Saturday at 3pm, hello Sunday at midday :rolleyes:

Reactions: Fergy
Oct 26, 2005
Plymouth
If there's one type of post that irritates the hell out of me, it's ones that start with the above. Inevitably they are posts aimed at boosting the ego of the poster, and made by people who don't actually have to take the big decisions, pay for them, and face the consequences if their decision is wrong.
I think you're reading too much into it my friend, we all know that refurbishment wasn't fit for purpose the day it was announced.

May 12, 2022
I know this gets discussed a million times. However i cant believe the board wont be atleast considering expanding the stadium. Every game sold out this season, it would be so nice to atleast infill the rough eyesore corner near the devonport/ mayflower. That would probably add another 1000 or so seats, and that way we have more capacity to monitor how much demand there is without creating a giant empty white elephant (like MK Dons etc)
Didn't andrew parkinson say not that long ago it was under review?

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Expanding the stadium is not high priority in my opinion. If we become a sustainable championship club and sell out for 4+ years, then perhaps the question can be asked.
We've had two seasons now with every game selling out. I think if we were to wait another three years in the Championship selling out every week you'd actually have lost a lot of the floating support because they'd have given up. If every game next season is sold out that would be the time to for me.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Didn't andrew parkinson say not that long ago it was under review?

I don’t think he said it’s under review, think it was more it’s moved up the list

Apr 21, 2013
Plymouth
Before expanding spectator space at Home Park the problems in the main grandstand have to be sorted out. There are not enough toilets at any time... especially at half time( One yes ONE WC for all the all the men!!!)
The seating is cramped with the back of the seats in front of you pressing into your knees.
The catering outlets cannot cope at any time with the demand for refreshments. End of moaning!

• Applaud
Reactions: greenpig27
Mar 12, 2022
Rather than speculating, please refer to the video below where Simon speaks (3rd May 2024) about the latest stadium expansion plans (7:45 - 11:10)

"We are now developing a plan for the next 10-20 years, that plan will include eventually filling in the corners"