Camara made available for transfer | Page 37 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Camara made available for transfer

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
The sooner he leaves the better, why keep a player who thinks he's now bigger than an Argyle player?
We wouldnt put up with it in the past so why any different now?
He's an OK just above average league one, international (non league level) player, let him move on and get ourselves someone who wants to play for us.

Sep 3, 2011
The sooner he leaves the better, why keep a player who thinks he's now bigger than an Argyle player?
He's an OK just above average league one, international (non league level) player, let him move on and get ourselves someone who wants to play for us.
He's far better than that, and will improve further playing with better quality footballers.

Reactions: Hargyle
I have real difficulty understanding our attitude to ambitious players. If you or I announced to work colleagues that we were planning to move on to a bigger job with a bigger salary, we would probably be admired by colleagues and wished good luck. I did this twice during my career, and allowed myself to be talked into staying with a better deal. Instead we immediately denounce the player, question his real value to the club, and worst of all his future commitment, just because he dares to be ambitious.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I don't think he comes across like that. Football is a business and negotiations are two sided. Both want the b est deal. Argyle have chosen a way of dealing with a seeming impasse as they see fit and I have to agree with them. The option is still there for Pan to remain and/or sign an extension, he is still under contract.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I have real difficulty understanding our attitude to ambitious players. If you or I announced to work colleagues that we were planning to move on to a bigger job with a bigger salary, we would probably be admired by colleagues and wished good luck. I did this twice during my career, and allowed myself to be talked into staying with a better deal. Instead we immediately denounce the player, question his real value to the club, and worst of all his future commitment, just because he dares to be ambitious.
In the firms I worked for you would have been out the door on gardening leave within an hour of announcing you were going. All access to company systems instantly cut off, no time to say goodbye to anyone not amongst your immediate colleagues.

Reactions: JannerinCardiff

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
In the firms I worked for you would have been out the door on gardening leave within an hour of announcing you were going. All access to company systems instantly cut off, no time to say goodbye to anyone not amongst your immediate colleagues.
Football is different though. If a footballer signs a three year contract then they are immediately giving notice of when they intend to leave.

Mar 17, 2022
East of the tamar
I have no issue with ambitious players , I have an issue with badge thumping, oh I love it here blah blah blah then run off for an extra few quid

they are employed to do a job, they all jump ship when the offer of an extra pound or closer to home, none actually care about the club, the fans etc , we are all just a means to an income

unless you are a one club player who turns down big moves , then in essence you are just playing for your wages

do I blame them no! If someone came to me and said I’ll give you 50% more for the same job maybe closer to home I would jump at it, however I would not disrespect the fans by displaying my pretend loyalty

Jan 21, 2007
I really disagree with this.

PC is good at our level, better than average, but probably not a must-have for many teams above L1, he's now into his last year of his contract, so we're not going to get the big fee some think we'll get; a few hundred thousand maybe.

Having an ambition to play at a higher level, or for a bigger club, shouldn't be seen as being disloyal, or showing a lack of interest, because he probably had that ambition before he even signed for us two-years ago; and he's done pretty well up til now.

My preference would be to put a price on him which is slightly above what we should expect, something like 1.5 million, hope no one buys him, and play him until January. Then, if we're doing well enough, try to extend his contract with the carrot of Argyle getting promoted, or if that doesn't look likely, let him move on for whatever we can get or allow him to run down his contract.

Either way, he leaves with a handshake and pat on the back; nothing less.

Reactions: Emu
Sep 6, 2006
Sounds like strange firms. They don't believe in notice periods which is a statutory requirement?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jenko14

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Sounds like a strange firm. They don't believe in notice periods which is a statutory requirement?
The notice period is what he refers to as gardening leave. As long as you’re paid for your notice period, doesn’t mean you have to work. It makes sense to ensure you can’t take any sensitive information with you if you’re going to work for a competitor.

Reactions: Ponty

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Club loyalty from players is rare in football, in recent years at Argyle I can only think of Sawyer, Wotton and McCormick (even then they all left for different reasons and came back).
Players will tweet positive messages aimed at fans, thump the chest or badge all to get onside with the fans, which is fair enough, it's great while they're here and we all enjoy the ride.
But football can be brutal, last season Camara was the darling of the club Twitter account and now he's cast aside and not mentioned in the promotional video for next season. And George Cooper before him.
Fair enough, we all know game.

We still have the saga of 'will he, won't he' turn up for pre-season training to look forward to, unless Camara is sold within the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreenThing

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Club loyalty from players is rare in football, in recent years at Argyle I can only think of Sawyer, Wotton and McCormick (even then they all left for different reasons and came back).
Players will tweet positive messages aimed at fans, thump the chest or badge all to get onside with the fans, which is fair enough, it's great while they're here and we all enjoy the ride.
But football can be brutal, last season Camara was the darling of the club Twitter account and now he's cast aside and not mentioned in the promotional video for next season. And George Cooper before him.

We still have the saga of 'will he, won't he' turn up for pre-season training to look forward to, unless Camara is sold within the next few weeks.

In most cases they get told by their agent/PA team what to write

Sep 6, 2006

That's what we don't want. The sooner a decision is made the better so we can plan ahead.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2015
I've heard today that negotiations are back on the table probably because only lg1 clubs are interested.

Has anybody else heard this?